+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Healing is balanced in warfronts now!

Champion

Default Healing is balanced in warfronts now!

Healing/shielding is in a good spot in warfronts now. Just because faceroll specs played with no required skill whatsoever(38/28 warriors holding down a macro and tapping an off gcd finisher macro) used to be able to easily solo bis geared, skilled healers, does not mean that things arent working proplerly now.

Can a faceroll easy spec now solo a bis geared pvp specd cleric healer? No. Working as intended.

Can three incompetent dps easily faceroll a bis geared skilled cleric healer? No. Working as intended.

Can 2-3 skilled, bis geared players quickly drop a bis geared skilled cleric healer? Yes. Working as intended.

However, when 8/10 players in a warfront just attack whatever random target is in front of them, while only one player is focusing the marked healer, stuff isnt going to die. Working as intended.

Its a learn to play issue. Healers can still be countered very effectively, but it now takes team work and skill. So this is going to make many players( all of whom believe that they are highly skilled) qq a river of tears untill heals/shields get nerfed to the point that the healer population will go away again.

Trust me, very few people saw the point in playing a healer, and rightfully so, when a two button faceroll spec could focus them down fairly quickly solo.

I hope trion does not over react to qq based on peoples belief that they should still be able to easily solo any healer they see just because they hold down their macro and tunnel vision a healer all by themselves.

If you want to kill a healer, get your leader to not be ******ed and mark healers. Then get your team to focus fire and not attack random targets for no reason. Otherwise, you should lose.
    Last edited by stefe; 10-30-2012 at 07:48 AM.

I know how frustrating it can be when your calling has an OP ability that you don't want nerfed. But it's OK bro, you'll learn to adapt. "Learn 2 play issue"? Yeah that's not the problem, shields are the problem. And the majority of the PvP population that I consider "good" agrees with me. BTW you are NOT in that category. NERF PURI SHIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    I know how frustrating it can be when your calling has an OP ability that you don't want nerfed. But it's OK bro, you'll learn to adapt. "Learn 2 play issue"? Yeah that's not the problem, shields are the problem. And the majority of the PvP population that I consider "good" agrees with me. BTW you are NOT in that category. NERF PURI SHIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a sentiment generally felt by the community. By the way my only 2 50s are a Cleric and a Warrior, and cleric shields were over the top, hopefully today's patch addressed the issue.

Being invincible with mediocre gear WAS fun though.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Champion

You are one of the players described in my post. You can no longer faceroll a healer by yourself, and, since you are one of the most skilled players you know, and you used to be able to faceroll any healer by yourself with not trouble, it must be an op issue with puris. How about checking some posts by warriors stating that they can solo any healer, in fact, find THE BEST healer you know of, meet them in conquest or on the pts, and they will easily solo said healer, possibly in four gcds.

Bad players(even those that think they are pvp gods), should not be able to solo a skilled/geared healer. As I stated in my post, it should take team work and focused fire to take out a healer. Sorry that you cant be bad and still do so.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    This is a sentiment generally felt by the community. By the way my only 2 50s are a Cleric and a Warrior, and cleric shields were over the top, hopefully today's patch addressed the issue.

Being invincible with mediocre gear WAS fun though.
    Being a sentiment shared by alot of the community is a true statement. Players with low or marginal skill want to be able to easily kill a healer by themselves with no support or focus fire from their team. If they no longer can, then healers are broken.

Thats your logic, but its false. Saw a post where puri shields have already been nerfed in pvp today due to the whining of the mediocre majority.

Whine more, get healers nerfed to the point where skill-less players can hold down a macro and easily solo any healer, and watch them disappear again.

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Being a sentiment shared by alot of the community is a true statement. Players with low or marginal skill want to be able to easily kill a healer by themselves with no support or focus fire from their team. If they no longer can, then healers are broken.

Thats your logic, but its false. Saw a post where puri shields have already been nerfed in pvp today due to the whining of the mediocre majority.

Whine more, get healers nerfed to the point where skill-less players can hold down a macro and easily solo any healer, and watch them disappear again.
    No one with any semblance of thought wants clerics/healers to be taken down by 1 bad or mediocre dps. The problem arose when the really skilled healers couldn't be taken down by whole teams if they had more than 1 or 2 healers on the team. 10 People should not be able to be tanked in a black garden by 2 healers. Especially when you have 3+ people beating on each healer.

Personally, I have no problem with heals taking 2-3 people to kill. I have problem with a whole team not being able to kill them.

Chalk it up to lack of skill or whatever you want, but if the general sentiment is it's broken, it's probably broken, pro tip.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

What about the skill-less puris who are just spamming shields?

That game goes both ways.

I can play fine but I still want to be able to solo everyone, even multiple people at once. Sorry, I played a wizard in Eq2, just what I am used to An Aoe isn't an AoE until it can double attack and 1 shot 6 people at once.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-30-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Healers never left, and who the hell are you anyway?

Lol shields were op and needed nerfs dood.

I agree. I have Cleric and Mage and Rogue, and Shields needed major nerf. Proof of concept. NO CLERIC EVER PLAYED PURIFIER IN PVP EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAR until new patch.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Pressing one button to win is okay as long as it's a healer.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    I agree. I have Cleric and Mage and Rogue, and Shields needed major nerf. Proof of concept. NO CLERIC EVER PLAYED PURIFIER IN PVP EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAR until new patch.
    Not true. Best healer I've ever seen in this game played a sent/puri hybrid long before 1.11. More like 1.3-1.4ish
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Rift Chaser

Can 2-3 skilled, bis geared players quickly drop a bis geared skilled cleric healer? Yes. Working as intended.
    It shouldn't take more than 2, if it does healers are still overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechar View Post
    It shouldn't take more than 2, if it does healers are still overpowered.
    Im a healer and yeah it shouldn't take more then 2 people BUT tnose 2 peeps or 1 if its a war should have to work for it, but yeah puri was pretty dumb I refused to use. ward/justi/sent is now I roll all day
    You can't raise your voice like that when the lions here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast