+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to fix healing and reward good play (IMHO)

Ascendant

Default How to fix healing and reward good play (IMHO)

So we all know healing (especially shield but also warden/groupheal) is a bit out of whack and ttk is to high. Reasons are that Trion decided to put in numerous changes to heal and its countermeasures at once instead of one after another, which lead to some knee jerk results. While i know, it still has to be analysed with lvl60, i still think some little changes could help and also reward active gameplay.

I kinda like they reduced the proc healing debuffs (imho passive debuffs coming automatically shouldnt be in the game in the first place, but ok with decreasing them to 10% trion literally put them out of the game anyway ^^).

Here is what i would do:

Let healing and shields stay like they are now and dont nerf them but:

1. Give all classes an active Healdebuff in the PVP-PA. Make it 50% for 30 Seconds with a 1 Minute cooldown. Should be off global cooldown.
    2. Reduce cooldown of Eradicate to 2 Seconds or even none again, it was a stupid change anyway making eradicate useless and only carebear to people not understanding game mechanics ... (remember, eradicate already had a trade off as it does NO DAMAGE.)

if this isnt enough (i would even prefer trying 1. first than see how it works, it its not enough put 2. in place):

3. Give Warriors an off global cooldown skill erasing a shield, the skill could be a proc from crit hits and have an internal cooldown of 1-2 seconds.

What you think?

Lots of terrible ideas here.
    Nope.

I have done many 5v5's, and the fact you think eradicate should have no cd means you are not fully aware of what balance truly is.

Ascendant

care to elaborate or just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    care to elaborate or just trolling?
    There was never a "trade off" with eradicate doing no damage, the ability so overpowered it didn't need to do damage to be overpowered. In this game where so much is purgable, a purge with no cd that removes 2 buffs ruled everything, it was required for the perfect composition in 5 mans. You can purge buffs, cooldowns, trinkets, weapon procs, potions, scrolls, and maybe other stuff i'm not aware of. It was not healthy the way it was.

No, I don't "know" that time to kill is too high.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    There was never a "trade off" with eradicate doing no damage, the ability so overpowered it didn't need to do damage to be overpowered. In this game where so much is purgable, a purge with no cd that removes 2 buffs ruled everything, it was required for the perfect composition in 5 mans. You can purge buffs, cooldowns, trinkets, weapon procs, potions, scrolls, and maybe other stuff i'm not aware of. It was not healthy the way it was.
    quite the oposite, not being able to controll what buff you purge made it balanced. This is what you see now:

4 enemies whack on one cleric just to remove his shields, while he gets healed and puts up the next shield right after one is gone. You cant seriously think that this is right?

And a TTK of 1-2 Minutes (basically untill one is to bored to heal on ^^) is not to high? wow ...

lot of chessplayers i guess in this thread yet ^^

im wondering: Do you think Wafronts feel "right" at the moment, healing and dmg wise? Black Guarden after full duration with 16 Kills, thats your understanding of a good challenging and thrilling Warfront? Doing 450.000 dmg and only 2 kills? Thats ok for you?
    Last edited by Antigonos; 10-29-2012 at 06:17 AM.

quite the oposite, not being able to controll what buff you purge made it balanced. This is what you see now:

4 enemies whack on one cleric just to remove his shields, while he gets healed and puts up the next shield right after one is gone. You cant seriously think that this is right?

And a TTK of 1-2 Minutes (basically untill one is to bored to heal on ^^) is not to high? wow ...

lot of chessplayers i guess in this thread yet ^^

im wondering: Do you think Wafronts feel "right" at the moment, healing and dmg wise? Black Guarden after full duration with 16 Kills, thats your understanding of a good challenging and thrilling Warfront? Doing 450.000 dmg and only 2 kills? Thats ok for you?
    No pvp is not fine currently, however that does not justify your logic or changes. Also it does not take a whole team to kill a puri, I can kill any healer in this game one on one, if you don't believe me we can go to pts. Also I don't know what matches people are only getting 2 kills but....

i.imgur.com/vs8Lc.jpg

Ascendant

yeah with 3 of 4 clerics going damage and not heal, you might be right lol

really good pick your pic ^^

care to elaborate whats wrong in warfronts in you opinion then if its not healing and shields?

yeah with 3 of 4 clerics going damage and not heal, you might be right lol

really good pick your pic ^^

care to elaborate whats wrong in warfronts in you opinion then if its not healing and shields?
    Tears from Warriors that got their crutch taken away is making the warfronts slick and dangerous to walk around in.

From what i've seen it is warriors doing ridiculous burst with a ridiculous amount of modifiers. Puri shielding for the little effort it requires. CC in general seems borked, might just be me. Marksman damage seems a little high, not comparing to warriors just in general seems like it packs more of a punch this patch and i'm using a shield. Mages seem to need a little love too.(Not doms)

Ascendant

ok i understand, so you think there to much damage right now in warfronts and to much burst? people dieing to fast from warriors?

ok i understand, so you think there to much damage right now in warfronts and to much burst? people dieing to fast from warriors?
    Not damage in general, for warriors it is passive modifiers making abilities such as discharge hit for crazy amounts. I don't know other classes terribly well so I can't comment on that. Also the fact that I can kill purifiers doesn't make them balanced, I have to hit them for about 10k+ damage in 3cd's to kill a fully ranked one who has a very average skill.

you want to reduce healing by 60% more in PvP? lol

instead of giving all classes 50% heal reductions with 30s duration why don't you just reduce healing to 0% in warfronts? it will have the same effect but easier to code

and while you're at it just eliminate all buffs from warfronts since that's basically what eradicate does

sounds balanced to me!

what's the healthpool at lvl 60 in pvp?

just wondering if it isn't too early to ask for more nerfs for things that might not scale the same, as they do now, when you are level 60
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 10-29-2012 at 07:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast