+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The spawn camping in CQ is horrendous

Shadowlander

Default The spawn camping in CQ is horrendous

I just renewed my sub after a brief break. I join up in my first CQ and what a joke I am confronted with. There was at least 15-20 people just camping spawn dancing and mocking the rest of the people who are actually trying to play the objectives. I played in that stalemate for maybe 2 hours before I decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Is there not a way to get rid of these worthless people?

I think you have a time machine and you used it to come to the future to complain about non-existent problems of old day.

You can't get close to enemy bases without the blast of devastation that is a turret hit.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Turrets are broken, but thats besides the point; there is a killzone around each base as well.

Do you mean players on your own team not leaving the spawn area? Otherwise your post makes no sense.

Shadowlander

I'm talking about people who were on my own team. I was on Oathsworn and our own people were just chillin in the Oathsworn base. Sorry I was not clear.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ossnap View Post
    I'm talking about people who were on my own team. I was on Oathsworn and our own people were just chillin in the Oathsworn base. Sorry I was not clear.
    Oh, that. Wish we could get rid of afks, not gonna happen though. Trion too busy prepping for SL and (hopefully) new CQ and CQ mechanics.

Hell, i wish dom would stop giving up too, but as a wise dev once said...

You cant patch the players.
    Last edited by Vroken; 10-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Shadowlander

So there's nothing you can do about these people? It would be nice if there was a way they could get vote kicked.

For instance... Allow other players to mark/tag these people. If they get enough marks or tags without moving out of a certain distance = boom goes the dynamite, booted.

Quote Originally Posted by ossnap View Post
    So there's nothing you can do about these people? It would be nice if there was a way they could get vote kicked.

For instance... Allow other players to mark/tag these people. If they get enough marks or tags without moving out of a certain distance = boom goes the dynamite, booted.
    Too many mindless drones in CQ to vote kick anyone.

Till the end of time of Rift there will be AFK'ers in CQ because CQ power is so effective for all parts of the game outside of CQ. Especially because CQ grants % based gains, it will only scale in usefulness as we gear up. With that being said, people who hate CQ but prefer optimal stats in an MMO will always be in CQ. In Q3 people afk'd because of crying children and the restroom. But nobody was on a server because they didn't want to be on the server. You can't say that in CQ, there are a ton of people who do not want to be in CQ. And the "don't like it, don't do it' doesn't work. I don't like CQ either, but I do like a nearly flat 6% boost to all my meaningful stats and always will. I don't try hard in CQ either.

If CQ can't populate itself without all the carrots attached, imo, that shows a bad design. Look at PvP rifts. Those needed the carrot too. People don't do them for fun. Some love CQ, but plenty are in the same boat. WF's on the other hand, I see people in them constantly who have nothing to gain. I think WF's don't need the carrots in the way I mentioned. Look at the requests for 50 only brackets and more WF match control to guide towards areans. WF's are good design and the carrots are okay. They are pretty much only pvp'ing carrots and they are not needed to maintain population. I think the dark side of CQ is the reality that without the CQ power it might dwindle down into something nobody does. But we will never know the true level of enjoyment over CQ because there will always be a portion in there doing it for the stats, not for the enjoyment.

But that may be an issue with MMO's in general. Issue when you tie so many rewards of high desire to areas of the game. Not sure what the people really think of the stuff, do they do it for reward and half-arse it, or do they do it for pure fun. One thing I must admit I liked about FPS. No reward, people log in and play because they love the game and want to participate in winning a game where the winner walks away with nothing different than the loser, except being able to say, "We won". Sometimes makes me wish they would just hand out pvp gear and rewards within. Then at least you know the people participating are doing so for the love of the game. I sure don't do CQ for the love of the CQ. I just drop group, stealth around and gank people while earning CQ power every 10m. And I'll do that as long as CQ power is so useful.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Wouldn't matter, vote kick doesn't work any more (not that it would remove you from CQ in the past any way, just the raid)

You can basically just auto run into a slightly curved wall and not be kicked for afk..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Especially because CQ grants % based gains, it will only scale in usefulness as we gear up.
    Not in Storm Legion it doesn't

from the beta patch notes

Readiness Bonus now grant a static amount of AP/SP, Vengeance and Maximum Health.
    I: 20 AP/SP and Vengeance. 245 Maximum Health.
    II: 40 AP/SP and Vengeance. 485 Maximum Health.
    III: 60 AP/SP and Vengeance. 730 Maximum Health.

P.S I like cq, where else am I going to find large zergs to drop mass betrayal and other Dom goodies on

Two parts to this that were never really addressed:

1) Major rewards (rewards that can't be obtained efficiently in other ways) are all stuffed at the end, which means if you only need the major rewards there's little reason not to sit around and wait for the game to end.

2) There's still nothing distinctive discouraging 60+ man zergs running around streamrolling everything. Sure, it's possible to pull a win under the nose of these raids, but the people who actually want a PvP battle will hit their heads against the 60+ a few times, get discouraged, and sit in spawn.

I'm not saying there's an easy fix that is being ignored, but those are two glaring issues and they both encourage AFKing at spawn in their own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think you have a time machine and you used it to come to the future to complain about non-existent problems of old day.

You can't get close to enemy bases without the blast of devastation that is a turret hit.
    I got news for you sunshine, there is a way to get a whole raid behind a certain spawn. I had to jack two funny men last night who were shooting at our afk army. It can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Till the end of time of Rift there will be AFK'ers in CQ because CQ power is so effective for all parts of the game outside of CQ. Especially because CQ grants % based gains, it will only scale in usefulness as we gear up. With that being said, people who hate CQ but prefer optimal stats in an MMO will always be in CQ. In Q3 people afk'd because of crying children and the restroom. But nobody was on a server because they didn't want to be on the server. You can't say that in CQ, there are a ton of people who do not want to be in CQ. And the "don't like it, don't do it' doesn't work. I don't like CQ either, but I do like a nearly flat 6% boost to all my meaningful stats and always will. I don't try hard in CQ either.

If CQ can't populate itself without all the carrots attached, imo, that shows a bad design. Look at PvP rifts. Those needed the carrot too. People don't do them for fun. Some love CQ, but plenty are in the same boat. WF's on the other hand, I see people in them constantly who have nothing to gain. I think WF's don't need the carrots in the way I mentioned. Look at the requests for 50 only brackets and more WF match control to guide towards areans. WF's are good design and the carrots are okay. They are pretty much only pvp'ing carrots and they are not needed to maintain population. I think the dark side of CQ is the reality that without the CQ power it might dwindle down into something nobody does. But we will never know the true level of enjoyment over CQ because there will always be a portion in there doing it for the stats, not for the enjoyment.

But that may be an issue with MMO's in general. Issue when you tie so many rewards of high desire to areas of the game. Not sure what the people really think of the stuff, do they do it for reward and half-arse it, or do they do it for pure fun. One thing I must admit I liked about FPS. No reward, people log in and play because they love the game and want to participate in winning a game where the winner walks away with nothing different than the loser, except being able to say, "We won". Sometimes makes me wish they would just hand out pvp gear and rewards within. Then at least you know the people participating are doing so for the love of the game. I sure don't do CQ for the love of the CQ. I just drop group, stealth around and gank people while earning CQ power every 10m. And I'll do that as long as CQ power is so useful.
    Pretty much sums it up. If you are going to stand around you may as well do it in CQ, and get a stat gain. I personally hate CQ but feel oblidged to keep my 6% up just because of raiding. I have no intention of contributing in CQ anymore. Increase the CQ point gain, and ill be out of there quicker.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Only if you knew how many of the characters in Conquest is a bot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast