+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 51 Chloro PvP

Default 51 Chloro PvP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8esp-cYeU-4

Just a quick vid of 51 chloro. Definately feels more like a healer now, had a lot of fun with it over the last few days
    Last edited by kronor; 10-28-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Wow so your the reason why in every black garden no one ever dies!

Telaran

Chloro has gone under the radar of everyone since 1.11 went live, instead focusing on insane shields and 8k discharges...

What? its always been op as ****. Consistently out healing everyone and managing to do some decent damage at the same time.

Just another example why healing is still making rift PVP terrible...facetanking cloth wearing chloro mages,8k puri shields,POR...just a bunch of BS.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    Just another example why healing is still making rift PVP terrible...facetanking cloth wearing chloro mages,8k puri shields,POR...just a bunch of BS.
    Then this should make you super mad:

Sorted by KB
    Sorted by Heals

Not sure what the problem is? It's still a burnable healer, but it offers great AoE coverage. Just need to put ST pressure on, like you would have had to do for clerics before this patch.
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-28-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8esp-cYeU-4

Just a quick vid of 51 chloro. Definately feels more like a healer now, had a lot of fun with it over the last few days
    I can't imagine running 51 Chloro in PvP. You simply miss out on too much from hybrid specs imo.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    I can't imagine running 51 Chloro in PvP. You simply miss out on too much from hybrid specs imo.
    Due to the silly state of warriors, I started a mage Friday, I'm 41 now(Thanks Meridian IA+ Halloween pvp!), and have been max Chloro for most of the time.

Despite pvp in the 30-49 range being super fast kills, I manage to keep people up ok. I'll probably feel invincible once my valor gets above zero :P

What are some hybrid specs people are running these days?
    Last edited by RobXIII; 10-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Not sure what the problem is? It's still a burnable healer, but it offers great AoE coverage. Just need to put ST pressure on, like you would have had to do for clerics before this patch.
    Hardly LOL.

That CQ match where ive got the highest damage taken? Nethos is right, i was standing at the front of the group for about 10 mins face tanking an enemy raid as chloro, i had a discharge spec warrior on me the entire time, as well as at least 1 MM and 1 sab. (plus whatever other dps they had at the time.)

Ive been running 51 chloro in pvp forever, this is the best its been. Not only can i keep an entire raid up (better than before, mind you!) i can now ST heal and keep myself up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    Hardly LOL.

That CQ match where ive got the highest damage taken? Nethos is right, i was standing at the front of the group for about 10 mins face tanking an enemy raid as chloro, i had a discharge spec warrior on me the entire time, as well as at least 1 MM and 1 sab. (plus whatever other dps they had at the time.)

Ive been running 51 chloro in pvp forever, this is the best its been. Not only can i keep an entire raid up (better than before, mind you!) i can now ST heal and keep myself up as well.
    Yeah, I remember running into you yesterday in warfronts. Killing you was often as easy as coordinating Arresting Presence with Kyera.

Even if you can handle the pressure, I don't see any good reason to soak up damage on the front lines if you end up only healing yourself the whole time. You're not helping your team that way, especially if someone on the other team has enough of a brain to kill everyone else while you spam on yourself.

Also, cross heals. I'd be really surprised if you were actually facetanking on the front lines of Conquest without exceptional support.

Quote Originally Posted by RobXIII View Post
    Due to the silly state of warriors, I started a mage Friday, I'm 41 now(Thanks Meridian IA+ Halloween pvp!), and have been max Chloro for most of the time.

Despite pvp in the 30-49 range being super fast kills, I manage to keep people up ok. I'll probably feel invincible once my valor gets above zero :P

What are some hybrid specs people are running these days?
    Usually something with a mix of Chloro and Dominator. You can go as high as you want in either, but even low Dom offers a lot of utility in PvP. Arresting Presence is the best thing since sliced bread. Transference is also great for stopping Warriors that dump cooldowns, and if you go high enough, TI can be great for slowing down melee trains or punishing healers for being near an overzealous Rogue.

Telaran

Yeah, I remember running into you yesterday in warfronts. Killing you was often as easy as coordinating Arresting Presence with Kyera.

Even if you can handle the pressure, I don't see any good reason to soak up damage on the front lines if you end up only healing yourself the whole time. You're not helping your team that way, especially if someone on the other team has enough of a brain to kill everyone else while you spam on yourself.

Also, cross heals. I'd be really surprised if you were actually facetanking on the front lines of Conquest without exceptional support.

Usually something with a mix of Chloro and Dominator. You can go as high as you want in either, but even low Dom offers a lot of utility in PvP. Arresting Presence is the best thing since sliced bread. Transference is also great for stopping Warriors that dump cooldowns, and if you go high enough, TI can be great for slowing down melee trains or punishing healers for being near an overzealous Rogue.
    Actually i was attacking whatever tank decided he wanted to try and nuke me down with discharge, and being 51 chloro thats my main method of raid healing any way, so it works out. There were a bunch of healers there as well, but for the most part i was just seeing how long i could stand there xD.

Edit: now that i think of it, its pretty much that way in all warfronts now, load up 3 targets with withering vine, apply spores, throw out natures fury then run into the middle of all of it and cast void life, keep yourself up, anyone near the targets with withering vine and your entire raid up at the same time.
    Last edited by Vroken; 10-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.

As Topo said, and unless there's some glorious stacked Puri/Warden shenanigans going on making it impossible to put out enough pressure, the performance is a) AoE centric and b) easily overcome with targeted pressure.

So, at this juncture, I don't see anything wrong with your screenshots, as I said.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Plane Touched

Prior to 1.11, Chloro/Dom had very little purpose in team pvp.

The only saving grace it had, going for, was mana/energy drains while providing situational, burst healing and spreading out RS/reflect. However, most were using Chloro/Dom as a survival/solo spec and under utilizing the positives of the build.

In short, Chloro/Dom was a near useless/worthless spec before 1.11 and the majority playing it were selfish folks who were scared and unsecured, preferring to see their teammates' corpses laying on the ground while they do little to nothing.

While Chloro/Dom can serve a purpose if played to its strength, Chloro/Lock, on the other hand, has zero worth in team pvp.

When you see Chloro/Lock in a WF, envision a 4 year old still crying to be breast feed or needing a pacifier as a safety net. The best lesson you can teach them is to simply ignore their whine and hope they grow out of it.

Fast forward to now, Chloro/Dom's mana draining and RS spreading are much less effective leaving the only thing left- situational, burst healing.

Rather than attempt at hybrid healing, one would be better serve going high Chloro.

So the next time you spot a chloro/dom, chloro/lock, 18k hp tanks, or Sin, try not to give these pansies much attention, for their worth in team pvp is minor at best.

-Delhetorge
    99.9% of ALL Rogs are WOS

Oh, hey, it's Majorin's kindred spirit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast