+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CQ balance still has to be looked at

Default CQ balance still has to be looked at

I understand that queueing is dynamic but I still think there needs to be a narrower balance in CQ. I spend time in every faction, I just pretty much self random queue, and there is always one side that predominates. I know Trion wants to have it so "I like Dom so I dom" and people don;t feel forced to be a faction but it gets silly when I am on a faction with 3 full raids and the next closest has like 2. its not fun to simply steamn roll the other side. Hell imo I have more fun getting steam rolled because I PvP for that edgy feeling and being the underdog gives it to me.
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-27-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

What did the change about conquest queueing?

I refuse to dig through patch notes to check.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Nothing, it's just that now everyone queues for NF and very few queue for the other two teams.

And if that wasn't bad enough, NF refuses to win with their overwhelming numbers. They purposely don't win, and that tells me CQ is flawed at it's very heart.

What people are asking for is a random queue. I know it was said it's "too hard to do" but come on that's a pretty basic feature to add. Instead of choosing your team you simply click 1 button and it assigns you to a team according to which team has the fewest players at that moment which is essentially random.

Something needs to be done. CQ is a joke right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    Nothing, it's just that now everyone queues for NF and very few queue for the other two teams.

And if that wasn't bad enough, NF refuses to win with their overwhelming numbers. They purposely don't win, and that tells me CQ is flawed at it's very heart.

What people are asking for is a random queue. I know it was said it's "too hard to do" but come on that's a pretty basic feature to add. Instead of choosing your team you simply click 1 button and it assigns you to a team according to which team has the fewest players at that moment which is essentially random.

my thoughts exactly

I would like to suggest the following fix to CQ

patch 1.11 hotfix 4. all marks converted to favor all mark items are now available via a vendor for x amount of favor @ prestige 50.

I wonder how many people would Que for CQ for its pure fun factor if it did not provide marks for greater gear items?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Telaran

While part of this sentiment may be true, its also true that CQ is the biggest PVP warfront there is, all of those people joining NF want to **** face and do it in style. Rewards at the end of the game are awful, and 'wholesale pvp slaughter' is fun. Do the math.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, CQ has been like this on the seastone battlegroup for the greater part of 3 months. Oath wants marks, NF wants favor, dom kinda just throws the fight early \ helps one team depending on their mood. NF will go out of thier way to prevent somebody from getting 65, i dont think i can say that of the other teams.

Welcome to seastone, *****es.
    Last edited by Vroken; 10-27-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    While part of this sentiment may be true, its also true that CQ is the biggest PVP warfront there is, all of those people joining NF want to **** face and do it in style. Rewards at the end of the game are awful, and 'wholesale pvp slaughter' is fun. Do the math.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, CQ has been like this on the seastone battlegroup for the greater part of 3 months. Oath wants marks, NF wants favor, dom kinda just throws the fight early \ helps one team depending on their mood. NF will go out of thier way to prevent somebody from getting 65, i dont think i can say that of the other teams.

Welcome to seastone, *****es.
    That shows the flaws though. The point of CQ is to control 66% of the extractors, and when it's more beneficial to ignore winning conditions to extend the match something's wrong with how the match is set up to begin with. When you can earn greater rewards for not winning something is wrong. When people are either begging or demanding that their team not win when they can, something is wrong. There's no warfront set up this way, where it's best to try to slow down how fast the match is going. CQ needs to be changed somehow.

Now, if mark rewards were spread out throughout the match instead of concentrated at the end it might help encourage people to play through instead of join toward the end. If the kill count was reduced from 5k to 3k it would help those insanely long matches. Increasing the amount of shards gained per extractor, or reducing the number needed for just one mark, might help encourage people to participate instead of afk or join later. Giving people something to spend marks on, like Favor, after they have everything they can buy might help encourage people to pursue victory instead of farming. A random queue would definitely help. Even though they said it's harder to do than it seems, it's something they should do.

CQ right now is NF running around farming everyone until they get tired of it and end the match. Some people would prefer to stay in the NF queue the entire time than join Dom or Oath. It's fundamentally flawed and a random queue would fix it.
    Last edited by Nargauzius; 10-27-2012 at 02:33 PM.

lolCQthreads
    Last edited by Keota; 10-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Nightfall on my server was never about wining it was always about farming favor and prestige, if you want to win join dom or oath

what a shame the players that zone in can't be hotfixed, or, re-programmed.

it's the same as warfronts, 'some' players only zone in for favor/prestige/marks.
    they choose the based on who they think will get the easy win, with the least amount of effort.

nf don't win because they're better. they win because they expect to.

anywho, had an awesome LOOOONG match yesterday, ending when the 5k kills were accomplished. GO DOM GO!!!! COP THAT NF!!! PEW PEW PEW!!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    what a shame the players that zone in can't be hotfixed, or, re-programmed.

it's the same as warfronts, 'some' players only zone in for favor/prestige/marks.
    they choose the based on who they think will get the easy win, with the least amount of effort.

nf don't win because they're better. they win because they expect to.

anywho, had an awesome LOOOONG match yesterday, ending when the 5k kills were accomplished. GO DOM GO!!!! COP THAT NF!!! PEW PEW PEW!!
    Nightfall rarely ever own before the merger, we were just there to farm and make the match as long as possible. I would really like all the ones that want to win and not just farm to go back to dom and oath and you know win like you always used to.

simple answer cut favor/prestige awards for individual kills and award a much bigger pool of favor/prestige for claiming objectives and wining.And add random queue.
    Last edited by Nethos; 10-27-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    Nightfall rarely ever own before the merger, we were just there to farm and make the match as long as possible. I would really like all the ones that want to win and not just farm to go back to dom and oath and you know win like you always used to.
    In our battlegroup they won 99.99999% of matches. In our battlegroup if you got into NF you were lucky.

Get over it, pick another team. Put the same effort into winning, as you do in trying to get in to NF.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    In our battlegroup they won 99.99999% of matches. In our battlegroup if you got into NF you were lucky.

Get over it, pick another team. Put the same effort into winning, as you do in trying to get in to NF.
    I dont care about winning, I just want the prestige and favor and just because yours was like that ours was not get over it your bg is not the be all end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    I dont care about winning, I just want the prestige and favor and just because yours was like that ours was not get over it your bg is not the be all end all.
    You don't care about winning you say? Then please don't zone in at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast