Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Work with us to NOT give us Arenas!

Rift Disciple

Default Work with us to NOT give us Arenas!

#1 They are pointless, you cannot give favor or prestige for them or friends farm friends.

#2 It is simply a waste of Trion's development time/funds.

#3 You can test your PvP specs in Warfronts. It is okay to not be top dps/hps/KB during this process lol.

#4 If you want to avoid the larger groups that the current Warfronts provide then PvP is probably not for you so.. look at #2 again please.

#5 Want to group against friends and guildies? Queue up as groups of two and queue at the same time. Most of the time the groups of two are paired against each other! It don't always work that way? Well did you think you would have the arenas to yourself the whole time?

#6 The previous games I have played Arenas get a bad rep quickly. You normally have maxed leveled/geared/Alternate Exp players standing there with their epeens in their hands salivating for the shot at some noob stepping over the PvP line. At that point you might as well hand out bear costumes and park an ice cream truck inside while you're at it.

I hope Trion does not consider arenas, it truly is a waste of time. Only way I would agree with the idea is if they add an option to the dimension where you can make your dimension flag visitors as PvP. Then you arena wannabes can keep the bear costumes and ice cream trucks out of public sight =)

Not only that IMO most of the people crying out for one will then turn around and cry out on how it was not done correctly, at least if they can flag their own dimensions as PvP that would eliminate more of the arena drama! Hard to complain about something they built.

I been pvping with Rift for a very long time. I have seen where PvP is going and there is literally nothing new being cranked out to fuel the hungry of veteran pvpers. When we hit rank 50 (or the highest pvp rank) being fully just focused on pvp, warfront style of play can get very boring fast. Vets are seeking a new way to test their skills vs other who feel the same way. Arena or something to that nature is what can fit that niche.

Who the **** cares if it doesn't give me Pres/Favor? I would just do it to have an organized way to play with my friends and a way to challenge ourselves in the ENDGAME pvp. Right now there is no real challenging way we can PvP in Rift's Endgame. Please don't comment saying conquest fits pvp endgame because its literally less competitive then warfronts.

It's cool that you want to run around as a rank 50 bashing little newbies in warfronts but for me, i want to test my skills with people in the competitive mindset. Rewards or not i feel like that is the way Endgame pvp should be. Not about gear, or rewards but playing with you friends and upping your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    #1 They are pointless, you cannot give favor or prestige for them or friends farm friends.

#3 You can test your PvP specs in Warfronts. It is okay to not be top dps/hps/KB during this process lol.

#4 If you want to avoid the larger groups that the current Warfronts provide then PvP is probably not for you so.. look at #2 again please.

#5 Want to group against friends and guildies? Queue up as groups of two and queue at the same time. Most of the time the groups of two are paired against each other! It don't always work that way? Well did you think you would have the arenas to yourself the whole time?

#6 The previous games I have played Arenas get a bad rep quickly. You normally have maxed leveled/geared/Alternate Exp players standing there with their epeens in their hands salivating for the shot at some noob stepping over the PvP line. At that point you might as well hand out bear costumes and park an ice cream truck inside while you're at it.

I hope Trion does not consider arenas, it truly is a waste of time. Only way I would agree with the idea is if they add an option to the dimension where you can make your dimension flag visitors as PvP. Then you arena wannabes can keep the bear costumes and ice cream trucks out of public sight =)

Not only that IMO most of the people crying out for one will then turn around and cry out on how it was not done correctly, at least if they can flag their own dimensions as PvP that would eliminate more of the arena drama! Hard to complain about something they built.

what was your favorite Care Bear mine was green....

Rift Chaser

I would dislike this post if I could.
    Marduke

Mei

Harr harr harr look at this here funny guy!
    Fluent

Rift Disciple

******ation is a Sin.....

Ascendant

Yeah with limited resources, I think spending any of them on multiplayer dueling is a horrible idea.

It is like should we expand our chess game varieties or should we focus on checkers.. That is what arenas are, checkers... and given that we get gameplay based on limited resources, I don't want resources wasted on checkers.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Telaran

The scope of rift is (or at least intended to be) -massive-, see; conquest, world events, zone events, rifts, pretty much 95% of the game.

Arenas wont be showing up any time soon.

#1 This is a pointless thread
    a huh?

I hope Trion does not consider troll posts such as these, reading or trying to comprehend the motive behind it truly is a waste of time. Not only that IMO most of the people crying out against arena are the same ones who leads games to their death through their selfish fear of change. I do not get the mindset of those who hate pvp and their ongoing campaign to make sure Trion does not cater to competitive pvprs in anyway even though Trion can do this without effecting any other aspects of the game.

Threads like this just clutter the real information through suggestions, feedback and little improvements that some smart people have come up with to implement real organized competitive pvp through arenas or other methods.

TL;DR: ( For the sake of hating pvp don't deliver arenas even though it will not effect my favorite aspects of Rift in anyway if implemented correctly. ) <- Gist of the argument presented by OP

This anti-pvp faction man... wow. If this isn't a troll thread I don't know what is because this is unbelievable.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    The scope of rift is (or at least intended to be) -massive-, see; conquest, world events, zone events, rifts, pretty much 95% of the game.

Arenas wont be showing up any time soon.
    Yeah that's why the have dueling, chronicles, 5 man dungeons? But no 5 man arenas? How do you develop this logic? Just because the scope of Rift is massive we can't have small scale organized content? ( like 10 man raids?) Did you read your post?
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    And this:

Yeah that's why the have dueling, chronicles, 5 man dungeons? But no 5 man arenas? How do you develop this logic? Just because the scope of Rift is massive we can't have small scale organized content? ( like 10 man raids?) Did you read your post?

Thats the other 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    Thats the other 5%
    I'd say the other 5% may be small but as or even more important as the massive event or raid battles where your skills are dwarfed and barely contribute to a fight compared to the weight your actions mean in small scale battles.

That's what warfronts are today, " mass chaos" where you depending on a bunch of random people that you have no control over. This is not organized pvp, and barely competitive which is what rift is lacking lol. Ingine if all of Rifts pve was random zone events where everyone jumps in and out, how fun would that be compared to the hardcore raiding experience where every second and action counts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Who the **** cares if it doesn't give me Pres/Favor? I would just do it to have an organized way to play with my friends and a way to challenge ourselves in the ENDGAME pvp. Right now there is no real challenging way we can PvP in Rift's Endgame. Please don't comment saying conquest fits pvp endgame because its literally less competitive then warfronts.
    Challenge yourselves? And how long would that last? I like my PvP friends/guildies a lot but after a few days of arenas burn out would set it. It wouldn't be something you would jump on "just to do" after a few days of it.

The number one reason people are wanting arenas is simple, you want to choose your battles. To say you are not being challenged in WF is false. I don't care if you are the best premade out there, 10 other people on your team that don't pvp so well makes it challenging. The number one factor of arenas would be to set the balance in your favor. That is a fact. You are not going to duel friends and guildies for nights on end.

IMO picking your battles in an arena is honestly avoiding what true PvP is.
    Last edited by Alanox; 10-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    a huh?

I hope Trion does not consider troll posts such as these, reading or trying to comprehend the motive behind it truly is a waste of time. Not only that IMO most of the people crying out against arena are the same ones who leads games to their death through their selfish fear of change. I do not get the mindset of those who hate pvp and their ongoing campaign to make sure Trion does not cater to competitive pvprs in anyway even though Trion can do this without effecting any other aspects of the game.

Threads like this just clutter the real information through suggestions, feedback and little improvements that some smart people have come up with to implement real organized competitive pvp through arenas or other methods.

TL;DR: ( For the sake of hating pvp don't deliver arenas even though it will not effect my favorite aspects of Rift in anyway if implemented correctly. ) <- Gist of the argument presented by OP

This anti-pvp faction man... wow. If this isn't a troll thread I don't know what is because this is unbelievable.
    Actually I love pvp, I have multiple R50s on Wolfsbane, hit up Alanox anytime I'll toon over and show you. But some of us actually enjoy pvp. IMO there is just no point in arenas. Small groups vs small groups can be fun, its not entirely uncommon that when we form our 5 man we get queued in with other 5 mans only. It can be fun, but not near as fun as a filled WF.

Like I mentioned before #1 reason people want arenas is to choose who they battle. If its against friends/guildies it is not going to have ever lasting fun lol. So then we go back to "standing outside of the arena to wait for some helpless noob" factor going on. Claiming arenas is more challenging then a random WF is laughable. Trying to get Trion to believe that is mind blowing.

And it is not a troll post. People as just as much of a right to express their dislikes on an idea such as arenas as you do likes!

IMO picking your battles in an arena is honestly avoiding what true PvP is.
    IMO. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO
    Arenas are not "choosing who you battle" it would be random it could be and 5 people anywhere at any time. DERP
    Honestly who gives a crap anymore. Nothing fresh and new is going to happen in this game because the majority of people who pay subs here are like you. From the day I started playing to now its clear that this game is going down i personally would point the blame on all you close minded care bears who get catered to so hard driving players back to old games and on to new games.

Thank you care bears. Enjoy your ****ty population and endless PvE content patches.
    Last edited by Keota; 10-26-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast