Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Work with us to NOT give us Arenas!

  1. #16
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Challenge yourselves? And how long would that last? I like my PvP friends/guildies a lot but after a few days of arenas burn out would set it. It wouldn't be something you would jump on "just to do" after a few days of it.

    The number one reason people are wanting arenas is simple, you want to choose your battles. To say you are not being challenged in WF is false. I don't care if you are the best premade out there, 10 other people on your team that don't pvp so well makes it challenging. The number one factor of arenas would be to set the balance in your favor. That is a fact. You are not going to duel friends and guildies for nights on end.

    IMO picking your battles in an arena is honestly avoiding what true PvP is.
    It would last a lot. I been pushing warfronts hard still and i still crave something that is more challenging and playing with more competitive players. Since premades is hard to run with i would eat Arenas up. Thing is, with Arena they don't passively force you to solo-duo queue.

    True PvP is about players coming together and challenging themselves in 1v1 or group situations. Warfronts isn't 'real' pvp at all. It's just groups of players, different ranks and skill lvls being thrown together. I'm just tried of playing with baddies and want to play with people who want a challenge. Playing vs passionate pvpers in an environment like that would be 100% more rewarding then it is in a warfront.

    I just don't understand how you are talking about Arenas like they are such a different thing then we have right now. All the developers have to do is make black garden based on KBs (or team wipe), the ability to queue as a premade (only rank 50s) and an Arena is born. I don't understand why people are so threatened by the ideas of a different style of 'warfront'.

    There is no reason why it shouldn't be put into the game if a lot of people are interested in it.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 10-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.

  2. #17
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Challenge yourselves? And how long would that last? I like my PvP friends/guildies a lot but after a few days of arenas burn out would set it. It wouldn't be something you would jump on "just to do" after a few days of it.

    The number one reason people are wanting arenas is simple, you want to choose your battles. To say you are not being challenged in WF is false. I don't care if you are the best premade out there, 10 other people on your team that don't pvp so well makes it challenging. The number one factor of arenas would be to set the balance in your favor. That is a fact. You are not going to duel friends and guildies for nights on end.

    IMO picking your battles in an arena is honestly avoiding what true PvP is.
    Picking your battles? How so?

    Warfronts are chaotic, unorganized and there is rarely any high level of play even from skilled premades because they just run over the 10 randoms who don't pvp well. You think that's true pvp? You don't know anything about what competitive pvp is then.

    In 5 man or even 10 man arenas cooldowns will actually matter, positioning will matter. Roflstomping warfronts gets boring fast, and I'm astonished you and your buds don't get burnned out doing it lol.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    IMO. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO
    Arenas are not "choosing who you battle" it would be random it could be and 5 people anywhere at any time. DERP
    Honestly who gives a crap anymore. Nothing fresh and new is going to happen in this game because the majority of people who pay subs here are like you. From the day I started playing to now its clear that this game is going down i personally would point the blame on all you close minded care bears who get catered to so hard driving players back to old games and on to new games.

    Thank you care bears. Enjoy your ****ty population and endless PvE content patches.
    Nothing fresh? They are revamping Whitefall, we get a new WF and a new CQ "from what I heard". Interest in arenas is to avoid group dynamics the WFs currently provide. It is IMO no different then someone porting out of an expert random because not all of the other 4 players are wearing ID gear. Its nothing more then to stack the odds in their favor.

  4. #19
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Roflstomping warfronts gets boring fast, and I'm astonished you and your buds don't get burnned out doing it lol.
    No, but that is because I am not pretending we roflstomping 100% of the WFs we get queued for to get arenas lol. I don't care who you or your 5 man premade is, WF provides the dynamics sometimes in your favor and sometimes not in your favor to where its a pain to win and yes even sometimes lose! That is the element people don't like and that is why they fan boi arenas!

    If you are wanting a completely random arena where you do not choose your opponent then it does not solve the problem. If you "supposedly" win 100% of the time then an arena will not change that.

  5. #20
    Sword of Telara Thedarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    How about this make arenas optional. Rewards that are purely cosmetic and don't balance the game around arenas. Just have them be a fun little waste of time. This way people who DO NOT WANT TO DO ARENAS do not have to and if they still complain about arenas even though they don't have to do them well that makes them look like complete arseholes.

  6. #21
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Nothing fresh? They are revamping Whitefall, we get a new WF and a new CQ "from what I heard". Interest in arenas is to avoid group dynamics the WFs currently provide. It is IMO no different then someone porting out of an expert random because not all of the other 4 players are wearing ID gear. Its nothing more then to stack the odds in their favor.
    If 5 players are stacking the odds in their favor. what are the other 5 players doing?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    If 5 players are stacking the odds in their favor. what are the other 5 players doing?
    Same thing they are doing in WFs. So why arenas?

  8. #23
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Same thing they are doing in WFs. So why arenas?
    Which is?

    lol @ trying to dodge the question

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    How about this make arenas optional. Rewards that are purely cosmetic and don't balance the game around arenas. Just have them be a fun little waste of time. This way people who DO NOT WANT TO DO ARENAS do not have to and if they still complain about arenas even though they don't have to do them well that makes them look like complete arseholes.
    If fine too. Just give us somewhere to set up tournaments and such. Tired of playing with randoms who are bad at pvp and think warfronts are competitive like Alanox
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-26-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  9. #24
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    How about this make arenas optional. Rewards that are purely cosmetic and don't balance the game around arenas. Just have them be a fun little waste of time. This way people who DO NOT WANT TO DO ARENAS do not have to and if they still complain about arenas even though they don't have to do them well that makes them look like complete arseholes.
    Well it would be just like the other warfronts. Different objectives and/or team sizes than other wfs. In this case the objective would be dm related and the team sizes would be lower than the other wfs.

  10. #25
    Sword of Telara Thedarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Well it would be just like the other warfronts. Different objectives and/or team sizes than other wfs. In this case the objective would be dm related and the team sizes would be lower than the other wfs.
    Ummm no it would be arena like 2v2 5v5 3v3 where the only objective is kill the other team. You do know what we mean when we say ARENA right?

  11. #26
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Well it would be just like the other warfronts.
    Main difference is you can go in with who you want, and actual team vs team not premade with less leveling newbies or more clerics > other premade. Simple mock battles with no rewards what so ever would change the face of Rift pvp forever.

    yeah and what Trolol said as well
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  12. #27
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    Ummm no it would be arena like 2v2 5v5 3v3 where the only objective is kill the other team. You do know what we mean when we say ARENA right?
    That's what I said.

  13. #28
    Sword of Telara Thedarkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    That's what I said.
    Oh I'm sorry I miss read your post then I didn't take not of the dm in their. But doesn't that sound fun lol. Like a 2v2 with your friends or your guilds 5 man or 3 man groups all just for bragging rights and maybe the best teams get vanity gear.

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Challenge yourselves? And how long would that last? I like my PvP friends/guildies a lot but after a few days of arenas burn out would set it. It wouldn't be something you would jump on "just to do" after a few days of it.

    The number one reason people are wanting arenas is simple, you want to choose your battles. To say you are not being challenged in WF is false. I don't care if you are the best premade out there, 10 other people on your team that don't pvp so well makes it challenging. The number one factor of arenas would be to set the balance in your favor. That is a fact. You are not going to duel friends and guildies for nights on end.

    IMO picking your battles in an arena is honestly avoiding what true PvP is.

    Sorry, but you're wrong. We're not being challenged and we have no real way to choose who we play with because we're forced to play WFs with people who don't know how to play, or AFK, or give up if they die, or feed the other team kills by running into them 1 v 10 like lemmings.

    When it comes to raids against cartoon AI-controlled monsters, with 10 guides written for you to tell you how to do it, then people like you go on endlessly about "skill" and how you killed OMG GREENLIZARD and got your special orange mace which shows how skilled you are.

    But any PvP rewards for winning? Absurd! Offensive! Game-ruining! So not fair that you can't stand in one spot with your OMG orange gear and win against PvP players!!! And Trion caters to you because they're worried you're going to cancel your subs, but since there are less of us on the PvP side it's totally okay to snub us because we can't hurt their bottom line by leaving.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

  15. #30
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    How about this make arenas optional. Rewards that are purely cosmetic and don't balance the game around arenas. Just have them be a fun little waste of time. This way people who DO NOT WANT TO DO ARENAS do not have to and if they still complain about arenas even though they don't have to do them well that makes them look like complete arseholes.
    YES!

    I would be completely fine with cosmetic rewards if it means we can actually play with our friends and have organized PvP where you actually work toward a goal. And like you said, it would be optional. No one would have to do it if they don't want to.

    I just don't understand how that is so offensive to PvP players.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts