+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LOveRH
  • 1 Post By SoKoQQ

Thread: State of Wardens in PvP

Default State of Wardens in PvP

Ok, i found it on to myself that i should educate the PvP community on the state of warden heals in pvp. I'm pretty tried trying to argue my points and decided to just post numbers in why i feel warden healing is currently imbalanced. For those i hope this could seriously change your mind when it comes to crying to nerf warden heals again.

I pick the spells that i myself use all the time so you can judge for yourself. Note: some of the numbers right be rounded.

Spec: 44/22 Warden/sent (pretty much the cookie-cutter spec at the moment)
    Gear:http://i49.tinypic.com/104god0.png
    PA: Full PA capped
    No consumables

Healing Flood - HoT for 10 people in party.
    Mana: 274
    Casting time: Instant
    Cool down: None
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 72 HP
    Average crit: 108 HP

Soothing Stream - HoT on a target, stacks up to four times but heal decreases over time by about 100 hp.
    Mana: 228
    Healing break down:
    1 tick: 150~ HP
    2 tick: 250-300~ HP
    3 tick: 500~ HP
    4 tick: 600~ HP
    Crit: around 950~ HP with 4 stacks

Healing Spray - HoT on a target.

Mana: 226
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 172-192~ HP
    Average crit: 268~HP

Healing Invocation- Single target 'big' heal.
    Mana: 380
    Casting time: 2.6 seconds
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 1711~ HP
    Average crit: 2.5k~ HP

Orbs of the Stream- Single target heal that puts 3 orbs on the target, once damages it heals the target.
    Cool down: 1 minute
    Healing break down:
    Average per tick: 950-1k~ HP
    Average crit: 1.5k~ HP

Orbs of the Tide- Single target heal that puts 3 orbs on the target, once damages it heals the target and 10 people around the target for set amount.

Cool down: 1 minute
    Healing break down:
    Average per tick: 450~ HP
    Average crit: 700~ HP

Healing Breath - Single target heal.
    Cool down: 8 seconds
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 1621~ HP
    Average crit: 2533~ HP

Healing Cataract- Aoe heal that hits for 10 people.
    Casting time: 2 seconds
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 706-750~ HP
    Average crit: 1050~ HP

Symbol of the Torch- Single target absorb.
    Cool down: None (but to refresh on the person 20 seconds)
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 3.1k~ Absorb
    Average crit: 4.7k~ Absorb

Healing Effusion- Aoe heal that hits 10 people.
    Mana cost: 1095
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 850~ HP
    Average crit: 1.2k~ HP

Pool of Restoration: Aoe heal that hits 10 people, scales with the number of people in range.
    Cool down: 15 seconds
    Healing break down:
    Average per tick: 750~HP
    Average per crit: 1.2k~ HP
    If 10 people are in range it can heal for around 7.5k for 10 people but i can be a lot more if one of those ticks crit.
    Note: This heal was really hard to calculate because i had to be in pvp when i did it and my combat log moves fast. I'm not 100 percent sure that it stacks heals like this but i assume its something like this.

Buff:
    Healer's Blessing - Single target/absorb spells crit heal the target, aka the healer.
    Mana: 137 to apply on yourself, none after that time.
    Healing break down:
    Average tick: 200~ HP
    Average crit: 500~ HP

My conclusion: As i said before, PoR is imbalanced and Shields need to be nerfed.
    I noticed also that Healer's blessing CAN crit which is pretty nice but i feel is kinda unnecessary.

Our heal that the developers expect us to main AoE heal with is Healing Cataract, which literally is a waste of time casting. I literally just ignore that ability because of the fact that i can get away with just doing SS + Flood + Effusion (if needed) till my Pool is up again. If there is an nerf to Pool (which there needs to be) there needs to be a buff to Healing Cataract. It heals for an average of 750 hp tops for a 2 second cool down. It's pretty worthless in a heavy healing battle in a warfront.

I don't believe that Healing Effusion is at all OP because of the heavy mana cost. Now that doms have increased in mana drains only a dumb person would spam this ability. If going into combat with a full mana pool an average healer can only click this ability 8 times before they have 0 mana. For 850 HP? Not worth spamming, only a 'oh ****' button till another cd is up.

You guys can all take this however you want but these are the numbers. Next time you cry about warden nerfs use NUMBERS other then QQing that no one dies. I found that what 80% of the community doesn't understand that the whole problem with WF healing at the moment is PoR and shields.
    If anyone wants to argue with me that it's not just PoR that keeps wardens high on the healing charts, i will be welcome to post all my healing break downs and my 3min+ parses during nonstop battles. I guarantee you it will have PoR healing for the most in heavy healing party situations.

Note: I probably have some mistakes in here knowing me. If the numbers don't look like you guys are welcome to message me and i can adjust them. Thanks!

[I want to thank Katereena for spending 20 minutes with me and helping me get my numbers~]
    Last edited by LOveRH; 10-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.

The only other suggestion I can give with warden aside from PoR is moving dionas gift on tier up. It's one of the reasons why nysyr was nerfed and why some puri skills are OP.

I also noticed that PoR works even if target is LoSed lol. Really?

From reading what you wrote PoR doesn't require a target? It looks like a generic aoe/ranged based, from you, heal.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

That's Cleric's Cookie Cutter Spec?? WTF are you saying KISSINGAIUR... (please stop /sigh)

BUFF NOOBS PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by SoKoQQ; 10-27-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoKoQQ View Post
    That's Cleric's Cookie Cutter Spec?? WTF are you saying KISSINGAIUR... (please stop /sigh)

BUFF NOOBS PLEASE!!!
    Pretty much because it is the spec (when i asked around) that most of the clerics are going. Either 44 or 41 :3.

Ascendant

when trion understands that not the ae healing in figures is the problem but the STACKING of it, they will be a far step further.

Just do a kind of Diminishing Return von Shields and AE healing. First shield 100%, when second shield is casted within xx amount of time 50%, third shield 25% and so on, then 10-30 seconds, shields have no effect and it begins again with 100%.

Something like this needs to be done, you will NEVER EVER balance AE healing and Shield only through the healing figures.

(Same with damage actually...)-
    Last edited by Antigonos; 10-27-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    when trion understands that not the ae healing in figures is the problem but the STACKING of it, they will be a far step further.

Just do a kind of Diminishing Return von Shields and AE healing. First shield 100%, when second shield is casted within xx amount of time 50%, third shield 25% and so on, then 10-30 seconds, shields have no effect and it begins again with 100%.

Something like this needs to be done, you will NEVER EVER balance AE healing and Shield only through the healing figures.

(Same with damage actually...)-
    Once trion nerfs shields 40%, which they already said they plan to, i don't believe they will be a that big of a deal. That would mean my 3.2k normal non crit shield will shield that person for 1920 absorb. Heh.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 10-27-2012 at 05:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread