+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Clerics in Rift 1.11 PVP

Shadowlander

Default Clerics in Rift 1.11 PVP

We all know that with 1.11 Clerics have become too overpowered in the healing and shield respect (Warden and Purifier). With the recent Hotfix #3 we also saw that Trion's focus is not on clerics at all.

Yes they reduced the damage to Nysryr's Rebuke ( the only high damage skill a cleric has DPS-wise with a 1 min CD ) but with no nerf to the REAL problem : Heals and Purifier Shields. This can be thought of as 2 ways.

1. Trion wishes to make clerics into pure buffers and healers only.

2. They wish to ignore this issue and "hopefully" Storm Legion will resolve it.

So many threads and players complain about the DPS issues and yet they don't realize you NEED that kind of DPS just to combat the heals and shields to make pvp viable.
    Just nerfing DPS but keeping heals and shields as they are is redundant.

Lets look at recent events to show my point. The Monster Mash BG Warfront, the team with the most Clerics wins. NO matter what the DPS try to do with so many shields up and Pool of restoration from several wardens along with Downpour the team hardly dies. Takes great effort just to kill 1 and requires focus firing a single target at a time and even this sometimes fails as the clerics just focus heal and shield that person.

Rift Disciple

yeah, I took some screen shots from last nights matches....it's hilarious..... what's really sad is to know that people are just abusing it to high heaven. Just a bunch of sorry sack of sissiness if you ask me.

absorb.....absorb everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by HawkOmega View Post
    1. Trion wishes to make clerics into pure buffers and healers only.

2. They wish to ignore this issue and "hopefully" Storm Legion will resolve it.
    3. They haven't received ample feedback on this issue to fix it and don't operate on false dichotomies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    3. They haven't received ample feedback on this issue to fix it and don't operate on false dichotomies.
    At this point I'm sure they have more than enough data to show that this absorb absurdity has to stop.

I just want people to be able to ACTUALLY DIE in a WF now.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 10-26-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Anaraia@Deepwood

To be fair this is what healing debuffs got us into. A lot of PvP was somewhat balanced around the debuffs. It will take a bit to tweak but I suspect in the long run it will work out. They had to find a middle ground between changing heal out-put while simultaneously knocking all 50% heal debuffs down to 10%.

I think they are looking to find a good spot again, and it will happen. But I think they are on the issue and not assuming the current state is fine either.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    At this point I'm sure they have more than enough data to show that this absorb absurdity has to stop.

I just want people to be able to ACTUALLY DIE in a WF now.
    Would be useful to have a thread that names what all abilities are the culprit and why. Somehow I seriously doubt that it's every single absorb in purifier that is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Would be useful to have a thread that names what all abilities are the culprit and why. Somehow I seriously doubt that it's every single absorb in purifier that is problematic.
    I will agree with that point, we do need to narrow it down to what specifically is causing the problem. I wish I could provide more info myself...maybe I'll dust off the old cleric tonight and try puri out in WF's and see if I can figure out more.
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Also part of me still thinks mitigation across the board is too high. Sometimes when down on hp it takes longer than it used to for a cleric to heal me up, or anything. But if in turn at the same time mitigation is set too far, heals make it seem ridiculous and catch the lime light for ultimate culprit.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Also part of me still thinks mitigation across the board is too high. Sometimes when down on hp it takes longer than it used to for a cleric to heal me up, or anything. But if in turn at the same time mitigation is set too far, heals make it seem ridiculous and catch the lime light for ultimate culprit.
    This could be very likely as well, with the changes to the way resists work etc. I can see mitigation at least being an enabler for the problem, if not a core of the problem itself.

Honestly not sure how to test the mitigation reliably though
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Just a little FYI, downpour sucks. It along with all aoe heals are absolutely not strong since aoe heals are under double nerfs, one being direct heal nerfs and the other being aoe nerfs.

PoR is the only real abnormality and its been reported.

You're right about puris. Though its mainly due to shields not having a real reduction and that one OP rite.
    Last edited by Eughe; 10-26-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    I guess I could have been more creative...

http://i.imgur.com/xTxT6.jpg

I guess I could have been more creative...

http://i.imgur.com/xTxT6.jpg
    Applicable, I would imagine Buzz being a warrior and woody a rogue
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Just a little FYI, downpour sucks. It along with all aoe heals are absolutely not strong since aoe heals are under double nerfs, one being direct heal nerfs and the other being aoe nerfs.

PoR is the only real abnormality and its been reported.

You're right about puris. Though its mainly due to shields not having a real reduction and that one OP rite.
    THANK YOU. Jesus, i'm really still confused why people are saying that heals are crazy. It takes me forever to heal someone back up. The only ridiculous heal that needs to be nerf id PoR that is doing like 8k+ aoe heals to everyone. Other then that our aoe heals do between 700-1k heals to 10 people which is laughable.

The problem right now is Pool of Restoration and Puri shields. If shields get nerfed it will be a pretty big nerf to any warden hybrid because that is a loss of a 3k+ shield. If PoR is heavily nerfed you will all see how bad warden heals truly are in pvp. I can tell you now i had 1-3 minute parses where almost all of my healing came from PoR.

This is an example of myself keeping everyone up in my party- 3:44 minute Parse: http://i49.tinypic.com/24wcb3b.png

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/29053876.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast