+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Perma knockbacks and yanks totally ruining any fun in pvp......

Soulwalker

Default Perma knockbacks and yanks totally ruining any fun in pvp......

Dear GM,

Please for the love of god do something about the state of knockbacks and yanks in pvp. I read in patch notes on Wed. how the new "grounded" debuff was supposed to address this issue. I have not noticed any improvement AT ALL. I have talked with some classes that say their abils are greyed out, but from an actual play standpoint there is no difference. I am constantly bounced around, turned around, yanked etc and in a chain. It is total crap and has aggravated me to the point where I have come here to QQ. SWTOR had a nice solution for the mezz, root, stun, knockback, yank issue. Your fix has done nothing. People who read this and agree that SOMETHING needs to be done please add to this post so maybe there will be a fix.
    It is not even remotely fun being bounced around like water in a hot pan over and over and over again. As far as the grounded buff working as intended, I think not. Many many many times I have been yanked by different players 5 or 6 times in a row in the span of 10 seconds. Stop it please. Soon pvp in Rift will be known as ccvp.

Soulwalker

P.S.

Perhaps if a warr wants to build a toon based on enemy player movement as it currently exists their damage should be like a cleric tank. How many would play a class that hits like a wet noodle in trade for the ping pong fun they have now? Fact is it is ridiculous and SO being a 0 point soul space taker upper = vomit.
    WTF were you devs thinking?

I am not trying to play the devil's advocate, but my warrior is 99% melee and being able to pull someone into combat range is a good idea. However, I agree that the grounded thing should work correctly so that you have a chance to react and defend yourself.
    Beware the Penguin...

Asking a GM to fix this is like asking police to change the law.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

They removed any slows or roots from melee classes. The only way to keep players in melee range is to pull them. The warlord soul does have a sprint also. The disconnects for melee warriors can be very bad. It is like I yank someone in and get one hit because they just start running away. Then I end up chasing them until a pull is up again. It is stupid.

Last night it felt like I was playing some "low tier" Facebook pvp game. Pvp has been so dumbed down it is horrible. Not that it matters but did several blackgardens with rogue sabs on the other team. The top damage and killing blows were six rogues with the highest damage rogue over one million. The highest warrior was me at like 100k because we all died so fast. Yup, warriors are not OP.

Rift pvp is a low skill dps and heal fest.

Rift Chaser

Warriors need more ways to root or snare people and Grounded to work properly.

All classes lost some snares. So no reason to pretend warriors were singled out. No one else has access to so many pulls by the way (druid has one I saw).

Removed snares: Lockdown (I think. haven't played pyro since the update). Crippling shot. Malicious strike. Impede. The shaman snare on its charge. The Necro snare (was worthless, but it's still gone.)

Those with snares still. Cabalist, saboteur, nightblade... oh, dom. I'm sure I'm missing stuff 'cause I haven't looked closely at everything.

I can't see exactly how this is all supposed to fit together yet. But it looks to me like pvp was made more "skillful."
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    All classes lost some snares. So no reason to pretend warriors were singled out. No one else has access to so many pulls by the way (druid has one I saw).
    Until Tempest is available, which class is most affected by not being able to maintain melee range?

Pretty much everyone sane is on board that pulls shouldn't be used as often as they were prior to Grounded in pvp. However, if Grounded is going to work as advertised, then it is reasonable to ask that the lost utility for specs that require melee and used to rely on pulls be made up somehow, especially given that knockbacks were not affected if I recall correctly.

As you correctly pointed out, the class that has access to the most pulls is warrior, making it mostly a warrior issue. If Druid needs a snare or root also, go nuts.

Telaran

i do not know why any other class would want a pull and i am pretty sure they said, come SL, they are removing the warrior class completely.

with thunderous leap, charge, combat charge, into the breach, discharge, pull and push why are you waiting for your pull to reset? i have not played my war for a while but are those things no longer available, are they all packed into the same cooldown timer or do they all no longer give atk pts?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post
    i do not know why any other class would want a pull and i am pretty sure they said, come SL, they are removing the warrior class completely.

with thunderous leap, charge, combat charge, into the breach, discharge, pull and push why are you waiting for your pull to reset? i have not played my war for a while but are those things no longer available, are they all packed into the same cooldown timer or do they all no longer give atk pts?
    We have pulls but no root. So I pull a player into melee range and get one or two hits off. They just start running away and get out of melee range. So I pull them again and samething happens. The issue is the actually time on target (dps uptime) iis pretty bad with a few hits here and there.

How does it make sense for a class which is limited to melee damage having no root or stun. Pvp has been hacked up and ruined. I don't mind less CC but what we have now does not make sense.

Wait, why is this such an issue all of a sudden? Did they get rid of DR? Wasn't that the solution to the CC chaining way back when? Sorry, I've been less than motivated to play lately...haven't even bothered to respec/re-macro all my toons, let alone get out of Sanctum.
    Last edited by Juddo; 10-26-2012 at 08:12 AM.

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post

Other classes don't have knockbacks or other gap openers? Gap closers are to counter gap openers and the initial range disadvantage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Wait, why is this such an issue all of a sudden? Did they get rid of DR? Wasn't that the solution to the CC chaining way back when? Sorry, I've been less than motivated to play lately...haven't even bothered to respec/re-macro all my toons, let alone get out of Sanctum.
    The issue is that the DR for yanks hasn't worked since 1.11 or even since they added "grounded" last maint and the result is that in any warfront or CQ where there are multiple warrs one is literally chain yanked bouncing like a cat on crack. Add to that all the new knockback abils and it is yank,knock, turn,yank,knock etc.

As for all the warrs who have contributed to this post saying, " I yank and get two hits and then they run away" , that argument simply makes no sense. YOU too can move so run after your target. What moron is going to stand still and make it easy for you to cycle through your rotation? If you are having difficulty moving and executing abilities at the same time then you probably shouldn't be playing a melee class. Alas, the argument isn't that the ability in itself is wrong or OP, the argument is that with SO being available to every build with no investment and with no DR = pinata perma air time more often than not which is simply ridiculous. Borrow someone's account with a chloro/anything build and see how much fun it is to be perma yanked every skirmish.

And I actually love that KB's/Snares aren't on DR. Nice that lots of roots don't break on damage now. Just nice having some CC you can rely on if it is going to be there. I admit though I have trouble logically reasoning to myself why KB's should be treated differently than a pull. Really just the inverse of one. Although I get my fair share of KB's done to me and even in excess it still doesn't seem as absurd as the pulling was just 5 or so days ago. The KB is one of the major MM CC and the crossfire mini KB is useful now.

KB's don't seem to interrupt casting anymore, they used to before they removed their DR. That is worth noting imo. I know warrior pulls didn't let me do anything and even took precedence of some of my movement effects. But now that KB's don't interrupt it seems. Things like those, roots, snares. I find them as appropriate CC to have more frequency of because they don't totally incapacitate you. Stuns, disarms, silences, the motion of the pull, squirrel, incap, rift prism etc - all that stuff interrupts/stops your button pushing. That is at least the direction I think they aimed for with CC. Allowing more of the stuff that doesn't totally render you useless. I love having my KB's on my MM reliable now. I have no heals, my siphon is nerfed to heck, and running is my only other gimmick. Nice to rely on my KB's that I can only use once every 20 some odd seconds. Sure other callings feel the same.

I still think warriors are ridiculous going into an expansion about to drop them a 30m range DPS soul. By pure design in pvp combat range is an aid. I have no doubt it will become a very popular pvp soul. In PvE just nice to avoid boss mob aoes or whatever. People already have warriors #1 on crap list, so even with their pulls being nerfed I think they will be very well off in about 20 days . Their melee souls seem to do good enough to overcome CC and lack of snares now tbh.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

i have not played or done the respec on my war yet either. i used to play rb for the, "hey girl, sup" and vk for the, "whoa whoa whoa, i appreciate you going to make me a sandwich but we are not done here."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast