+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bliter

Thread: PvP servers dying? An alternative...

Default PvP servers dying? An alternative...

What do you guys think about two zones, one for 41-50 and one for 51-60, where anyone on any battle group can zone to and its always PvP flag on. 41-50 could be EI, SS or Stillmoor and the 51-60 could be all of SL. Figure out a reward scheme like infamy, you get a title that goes up or down for kills. For instance your first 100 kills you get Private rank, then you have to kill 100 Privates to make Sergeant but if you get killed by a Private or Sergeant, your kill count goes down by 1 each time. Come up with whatever rank names but that's the jist of it. The title is the reward, just like executioner, nothing special but one thing about PvPers is how much we like to let the bluebies know we kill, and we do it well.

Maybe this could give us OW PvP on voluntary terms, costs Trion two servers. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I would love an instanced PVP zone that didn't encourage disorganized zergfests.
    The biggest reason I hate Conquest is because it feels like amongst 300some other people, I make literally zero impact on the game. I dislike that, I enjoy knowing that I'm actually contributing to my team's win. If it was possible to reproduce that in a Conquest-esque way without the zergclejerking, I'd be all for it.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I would love an instanced PVP zone that didn't encourage disorganized zergfests.
    The biggest reason I hate Conquest is because it feels like amongst 300some other people, I make literally zero impact on the game. I dislike that, I enjoy knowing that I'm actually contributing to my team's win. If it was possible to reproduce that in a Conquest-esque way without the zergclejerking, I'd be all for it.
    After spending hours exploring the SL continents all I could think was it would be perfect for ow PvP. Lots of terrain, lots of cover, and square miles to hide in. I hope they do something to encourage ow PvP because SL is just awesome. Maybe you will get your wish and I get mine and ow PvP takes off. Then you could roll in a organized group, or ultimate fantasy raid vs raid in ow again. Here's to dreaming.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Shadowlander

With all the instanced warfronts etc in MMOs these days I don't even see why PvP servers exist.

Rift Disciple

I gotta admit, SL would be perfect for this...the zones are indeed HUGE....let's all say a little prayer that this happens!

Ascendant

Wiat for expansion? Its gonna be reviewed sure its bring more players, hell maybe TW even do some market thing, I already know they can do pretty amazing stuff. They havent even sent emails yet about expansion.
    Last edited by June; 10-27-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Ascendant

One reason why Rifts PVP is uber fail, its very hard to do anything with this game to prevent that, gear-based, progression, only two faction. And on top of that they made this ******ed healer game where healers wins. You cant do **** without them. Enough healers = invicible. Funny healers are better tanks than tanks.

3 faction is the way to go like Elder Scroll Online devs are doing its self-balacing system. Your territory grows its harder to defend and two faction turn against you. Nope, you cant just zerg it through.

I really weep for them they failed so hard with this. Like Ive said to them make this 1 faction pure carebear game.
    Last edited by June; 10-27-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Plane Touched

I can't agree more with your view.
    The problem is, when I suggested something similar back when the PVP dailies were introduced people were claiming that what I called a "zerg" was actually them being strategic etc and as long as there are people like that (You know, the ones that hide in their zergs to cover the fact that they're wank at pvp and never go out without a zerg) and as long as Trion encourages zergs (By giving you credit for pvp stuff even if you zerg 1 person down with an entire raid, regardless of if you do anything or not) things won't change, cause unfortunatly, the zerg is the majority (pun intended)
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Telaran

Ok tell me a game out there with Open World PvP,that has no zergs.
    No matter where its getting place,no matter the purpose,there will always be zergs.And honestly thats fine.
    The thing is the design of the Open Wolrd PvP.

In Warhammer Online and DaoC we had zergs because we had to take castles,keeps,fortresess etc etc,but also we had a lot of space for small scale pvp.And people used to do it,because kills in small scale pvp were giving more favor and prestige + loot and pvp marks.

I say make more contested areas, put more rewards for small scale pvp,dont make PvP gear too easy to be earned.Nerf the amount of Favor Prestige earning from Warfronts and Conquest and you will see a lot of action.And in SL this is easy to happen,since areas and zones are huge. There can be zergs,but easily small groups can hide to gang or jump to other small groups.

I am sure that Trion is working on that and we will see many new things and differences in PvP.
    We Will ROCK YOU!!!

Plane Touched

That's why I mentioned, "encourages zergs"

People mainly just finish their dailies. And it doesn't matter if they do it alone or with a full raid.
    So why not go in a full raid.

That's the mentality nowadays for the majority.

I don't mind zergs if there is stuff like you mentioned (castle/fortress sieges etc) cause "During siege time" it's expected.
    Right now though, there is no incentive to "not" zerg.

tl;dr I didn't complain about just zergs. I complained about there not being a reason not to.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

+ Reply to Thread