+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bliter

Thread: Yet another CQ idea...

Default Yet another CQ idea...

Make CQ an always live zone. Anytime you want to zone in, you hit K and select CQ tab, pick your faction and off you go. What ever faction you zone in to, you stay that faction until after the zone event and you leave the zone. The zone event happens every 2 hours, all extractors revert to unclaimed, and there is a half hour to claim as many as possible, followed by foci, then boss. Give no rewards for being in the zone, only for killing and capping, or winning the zone event. Keep the population limits the same, it might encourage some good players to join the first available faction for some PvP rather than wait for the winning one. Add some random zone events to encourage people to join when the win phase isn't up, like rifts, invasions or some roaming mini bosses. Make it level 41-50 but bolster hit on 41-49 to 100 and HP to 6000

This is not a perfect idea, the details still need to be mapped out, but the idea is to make a worldwide any time you want to go hunt, you can. It limits the PvE win phase to 2 hours so people can get MoC for time invested, and some of us that want to go fight for the pure joy of fighting can. Also, make it 41-50 so leveling players can work on their trinkets now.

Wide open to tweaks but this is the overall idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Maybe have the daily PvP quest mobs up for things to do between extractor phases.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Maybe have the daily PvP quest mobs up for things to do between extractor phases.
    Omg no! I have enough trouble getting caught in mini parties and adventuring off to find actual pvp'ers instead as it is haha. Keeps /w npcs...then we may have something.

Besides I thought the whole idea between extractors was to kick the crap out of each other

I am sure you meant more to your words...but soon as I read your quote, I thought 'PvE'!
    Last edited by Hashashin; 10-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Please provide me with your detailed mechanic explanation, lore component, analysis of reward ratios and typical match durations/expectations, and any neat new stuff you want to add in.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    lore component
    I'm gonna stop you right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    I'm gonna stop you right there...
    Come at me, bro.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

I didnt read your post when i first saw it, and i dont intend to now. However i will make one thing clear; never will a creative process be influenced by outside factors.

That and the fact nobody gives a **** about lore (overarching generalization, developers are adjusting to this. see: gw2 quest system)

Quote Originally Posted by Vroken View Post
    However i will make one thing clear; never will a creative process be influenced by outside factors.
    That's a bold statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Please provide me with your detailed mechanic explanation, lore component, analysis of reward ratios and typical match durations/expectations, and any neat new stuff you want to add in.
    None, its just something to do between CQs. The idea is the CQ version of Stillmoor is always up to goof around in, and the active cap phase is limited so that people get rewarded for time spent.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

@Kyera, your CQ should be for the next end game(lvl 60) version, my suggestion is for a final resting place for the level 50 version. The current version should allow 41-50 in after SL launch so it has enough population to be fun. My suggestion isn't saying much other than the few elements I listed, its the same CQ but if you wanted to bring a toon your leveling in, you can bring it. Your version would be a great next CQ, but since the current one will soon be ignored by end game PvPers, it could be left as an alternative world PvP zone for the 40-50 bunch.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    Omg no! I have enough trouble getting caught in mini parties and adventuring off to find actual pvp'ers instead as it is haha. Keeps /w npcs...then we may have something.

Besides I thought the whole idea between extractors was to kick the crap out of each other

I am sure you meant more to your words...but soon as I read your quote, I thought 'PvE'!
    It would be PvE, the CQ Stillmoor would always be up for 41-50 to play in but there should be something for them to do between extractor phases. Quests, minis, rifts, and PvP.

Then they could get the OW PvP feel and rewards, but still be able to zone out for dungeons or raids and not get short changed because they left before the extractor phase.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    @Kyera, your CQ should be for the next end game(lvl 60) version, my suggestion is for a final resting place for the level 50 version. The current version should allow 41-50 in after SL launch so it has enough population to be fun. My suggestion isn't saying much other than the few elements I listed, its the same CQ but if you wanted to bring a toon your leveling in, you can bring it. Your version would be a great next CQ, but since the current one will soon be ignored by end game PvPers, it could be left as an alternative world PvP zone for the 40-50 bunch.
    Works for me.

I was just tongue-in-cheek commenting on the short length of your OP. ;)
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-25-2012 at 02:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread