+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Conquest after Mergers...

Champion

Default Conquest after Mergers...

CQ how it was meant to be played!

I LOVE the mergers. You couldn't have done anything better than to combine opposing powerhouse factions.

Raids fill up on both NF and Dom almost instantly and we're getting 1000 kills in about 30-40 minutes.

So much fun!

Yeah it's great if you don't need marks. If you need marks it's a different story. It's not bad, it just takes so damned long to play when what you need are marks.

What's needed now is a random queue instead of choosing teams, and then spread out the mark rewards throughout the CQ instead of concentrating them all at the end.

(what's not good is when NF loses and then screws up the boss by trying to cut off people trying to get to it, or killing people at the boss instead of the boss itself)
    Last edited by Nargauzius; 10-24-2012 at 10:28 PM.

I think you are mistaken. The favored faction is not a specific one. It's whatever faction people coalesce into. There is one difference though - there are more people. I think that people will start to merge into one faction again in a few days, once they get their bearings again.

We still need a 0-player margin for faction population. The number of players on each faction should be identical. Like in warfronts. And there still needs to be a minimum number of players in all factions before CQ starts. Like in warfronts.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    CQ how it was meant to be played!

I LOVE the mergers. You couldn't have done anything better than to combine opposing powerhouse factions.

Raids fill up on both NF and Dom almost instantly and we're getting 1000 kills in about 30-40 minutes.

So much fun!
    I'm enjoying it as well, but the pessimistic side of me says that within a week or so it will be back to one faction dominating every round. The problem has always been people migrating to the winning team, or the team that gets the most favor. I hope not, but we'll see. Maybe the amount of players is finally high enough to prevent that.
    Last edited by Patchouli; 10-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Aezariel ~ P50 - 8/8 ID

You never know who's gonna win though. Yesterday NF ran in tightly packed, coordinated zergs but they lost to oath because I think NF cares more about killing people than winning. Dom yesterday was nothing like how they've been, which was a coordinated zerg quickly capturing 66%.

You just don't know. But I do know it's time to assign random teams.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    You may as well stop with this campaign: Daglar has already gone on record to say that random teams WILL NOT happen, due to the amount of work it would require.

Ascendant

Dom yesterday was nothing like how they've been, which was a coordinated zerg quickly capturing 66%.
    Nothing like they've been on your cluster you mean. Before the merge the two wargroups played CQ very differently, merging them has made it much more interesting.

You never know who's gonna win though. Yesterday NF ran in tightly packed, coordinated zergs but they lost to oath because I think NF cares more about killing people than winning. Dom yesterday was nothing like how they've been, which was a coordinated zerg quickly capturing 66%.

It's a reinforcement feedback loop. The matter of who will win is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The root problem is not that we don't have random teams. The root problem is that the population is not even between the factions. Yes, random teams would solve that, but it's like hammering in a nail with an M1A2 tank. As I wrote above, I think there are better solutions.
    Last edited by Beringer; 10-25-2012 at 09:42 AM.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    It's a reinforcement feedback loop. The matter of who will win is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The root problem is not that we don't have random teams. The root problem is that the population is not even between the factions. Yes, random teams would solve that, but it's like hammering in a nail with an M1A2 tank. As I wrote above, I think there are better solutions.
    Really want to see a video of someone hammering said nail with a tank.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Your Avatar brought so many warm and fuzzy memories rushing back

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    Really want to see a video of someone hammering said nail with a tank.
    Below are some tanks trying to solve the CQ problem. The nail is unfortunately off screen, but it's hard to see anyway in all the dust and mayhem the tanks caused.
    Conquest after Mergers...-m1a2.jpg

Rift Disciple

I had a blast all of last night...no sitting in ques and tons of action with not just one side rolling, afk or just capping for marks. Everyone was involved. Now to see when the dust settles if we are back to old ways. But as we all know, more the merrier when it comes down to actual pvp. More zergs for the timid or pve'rs to latch onto. And that's a win all around in my books.

Now to tell the pve'rs to shut up when they complain they only got 20 marks in 4 hours. Boo frikin hoo...we are here to pvp as it's meant for. Don't hear us complaining that we we have to go dungeon hop if we want the class trinket. Hell I can do without...therefore I can't complain! Marks are easy enough to get...so it may take you a week of pvp. Wow.

End of rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    Below are some tanks trying to solve the CQ problem. The nail is unfortunately off screen, but it's hard to see anyway in all the dust and mayhem the tanks caused.
    Attachment 8269
    Perfect, gave me a great laugh
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

I am not liking it much as I have only been able to get into one and that was almost finished. They really need to make them occur more often to allow for the number of people.

Agreed Brawhn, it was awesome sauce last night!

Now that NF aren't guaranteed winners, (as they were in our battlegroup) it was like a new game.
    Plus we got the weekly done in just over one match.

Twas fun!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast