+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Conquest after Mergers...

I am really hating it since the changes, the battles are back to being 2 hours and then the hour wait inbetween means three hours and if you dont get in (like I havent for the past two days). You never get to play it.

So far all I am seeing is a big problem. I only play like 7 hours a day so basicly I only have an opportunity to get into 2 of them and when it is like it is tonight (and I do have a macro for clicking it) I get to do zero conquests. Not loving it after the mergers because I never get to do it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarundi View Post
    I am really hating it since the changes, the battles are back to being 2 hours and then the hour wait inbetween means three hours and if you dont get in (like I havent for the past two days). You never get to play it.

So far all I am seeing is a big problem. I only play like 7 hours a day so basicly I only have an opportunity to get into 2 of them and when it is like it is tonight (and I do have a macro for clicking it) I get to do zero conquests. Not loving it after the mergers because I never get to do it.
    You realize you are saying you enjoyed it broken and now that it is working properly you don't like it. As others have noted mainly because some people just want marks without playing the game. That is a silly audience for Trion to cater to... Making the conquest actually work is more important than having broken conquests end in ten minutes so people can get marks because they feel they are owed them.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    You realize you are saying you enjoyed it broken and now that it is working properly you don't like it. As others have noted mainly because some people just want marks without playing the game. That is a silly audience for Trion to cater to... Making the conquest actually work is more important than having broken conquests end in ten minutes so people can get marks because they feel they are owed them.
    Yes, but at least I could join then now I cant even get in. So yes I liked the old version better at least I could play it win or lose. Now is just queue times and when it ends faction reset.

Not all of us have unlimited play time, an 6 hours without being able to play cq is just wrong

Yes, but at least I could join then now I cant even get in. So yes I liked the old version better at least I could play it win or lose. Now is just queue times and when it ends faction reset.

Not all of us have unlimited play time, an 6 hours without being able to play cq is just wrong
    Are you saying that you can't join any of the three factions and all of them have a queue?

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Naesraen View Post
    You may as well stop with this campaign: Daglar has already gone on record to say that random teams WILL NOT happen, due to the amount of work it would require.
    How can adding random teams be a lot of work? There's not a whole lot to do: Replace all three buttons with one JOIN button, have the game assign people a team at random while keeping the team numbers even. It's pretty basic. Granted, the team you wind up on won't be truly random since it will assign you based on which team has the fewest players, but the point would remain that you never know which team you'll be on or who you'll be teamed with. It would guarantee team numbers would be more or less even and would keep things unpredictable.

(this is coming from someone who's finding success as Oath and who used to find success over and over again as Dom because teams were not random)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Agreed Brawhn, it was awesome sauce last night!

Now that NF aren't guaranteed winners, (as they were in our battlegroup) it was like a new game.
    Plus we got the weekly done in just over one match.

Twas fun!
    There's a weekly Conquest quest?

Question on mergers: What happened? Do all battlegroups do the same CQ now? Like all of NA on one CQ, all of EU on another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I don't understand how you couldn't get in to any one of the 3 teams... but then again, prior to the merge people were constantly crying in chat channel that they've been queued for 'hours'?
    Yah well that's what happens when you'll only join NF (in our case) I guess. Maybe it's different on your shard but there's generally at least one faction, you can join.

I don't understand the complaint of the matches going for hours either. You can simply exit if you can't stay for the whole time. And if a game goes for two hours, ends, then another match doesn't start for an hour, exactly what is the difference?

The battlegroup merge has injected life and kills into CQ, the three teams now are all contenders, rather than just expecting team 'A' to roflstomp to the win.

The only difference I can see right now is there is no easy choice. You have to actually do 'stuff' to win. Loving it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Question on mergers: What happened? Do all battlegroups do the same CQ now? Like all of NA on one CQ, all of EU on another?
    There is only one battlegroup now for all NA shards. Therefore there is only one CQ for everyone (on NA shards).

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

I don't understand the complaint of the matches going for hours either. You can simply exit if you can't stay for the whole time.
    The problem with that being so many people participate in CQ strictly for the marks. Whether the match lasts for 1 hour or 8, they are forced to endure it to the end or lose out on the marks. The way this is set up is absurd.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    There is only one battlegroup now for all NA shards. Therefore there is only one CQ for everyone (on NA shards).
    Oh, is that why every damn CQ been a bloodbath lately? I was wondering if there wasn't some new super reward I didn't know about and it suddenly became real popular again.

That's much better news imho. Now I can see competitive matches are going to be the norm. Critical mass achieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post

There's a weekly Conquest quest?
    Yeah, the kill 300 players one.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I select my team upfront and yes it is nightfall as I have always queued for them. Then I sit in queue for the duration of the match. So three hours later no cq

The team I have always played with is what I select that isnt a bad thing, nor should I have to change teams to do a cq as I know the people I have played with foerever.
    Last edited by Jaguarundi; 10-25-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Rift Master

I select my team upfront and yes it is nightfall as I have always queued for them. Then I sit in queue for the duration of the match. So three hours later no cq

The team I have always played with is what I select that isnt a bad thing, nor should I have to change teams to do a cq as I know the people I have played with foerever.
    If you choose not to participate, you also choose not to reap any rewards.

Yeah, the kill 300 players one.
    Hmm where is that from? I somehow missed it.

Nevermind I found it. I never did the quest to talk to the three representatives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast