+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree4Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The new 'Grounded' immunity not working?

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara kelkrypt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    892

    Default The new 'Grounded' immunity not working?

    The new grounded immunity does not appear to working, at least in Conquest it wasn't.
    Was bounced around like a volleyball within the 12 secs that this immunity was supposed to be in place.

    I actually think it is kinda fun but certainly not working correctly. If my avatar could've been ripped apart it certainly would've happened today.

    Of course perhaps they meant diminishing returns for the 12 seconds, or less % chance of being pulled???

  2. #2
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    The new grounded immunity does not appear to working, at least in Conquest it wasn't.
    Was bounced around like a volleyball within the 12 secs that this immunity was supposed to be in place.

    I actually think it is kinda fun but certainly not working correctly. If my avatar could've been ripped apart it certainly would've happened today.

    Of course perhaps they meant diminishing returns for the 12 seconds, or less % chance of being pulled???
    It works. It actually greys out our pull abilities when it is on people. You were being knockbacked, not pulled most likely.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara kelkrypt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafa View Post
    It works. It actually greys out our pull abilities when it is on people. You were being knockbacked, not pulled most likely.
    No definitely being pulled... smelled their foul breath. Perhaps the same person cannot pull but others can?
    Because it definitely was a pull multiple times (3x in under 4secs)

  4. #4
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    No definitely being pulled... smelled their foul breath. Perhaps the same person cannot pull but others can?
    Because it definitely was a pull multiple times (3x in under 4secs)
    Nope not how it works. People I have done nothing to but have the debuff on greys out my pull. There might be an ability that slipped through the cracks as far as being affected by the debuff. Checking your combat log and verifying what exactly it was would help with a fix if that was the case.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team Archonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelkrypt View Post
    The new grounded immunity does not appear to working, at least in Conquest it wasn't.
    Was bounced around like a volleyball within the 12 secs that this immunity was supposed to be in place.

    I actually think it is kinda fun but certainly not working correctly. If my avatar could've been ripped apart it certainly would've happened today.

    Of course perhaps they meant diminishing returns for the 12 seconds, or less % chance of being pulled???
    If you're under the effects of Grounded it should be complete immunity. If you happen to catch what is causing it please post the name of the ability. I'll do another pass to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    If you're under the effects of Grounded it should be complete immunity. If you happen to catch what is causing it please post the name of the ability. I'll do another pass to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks.
    For me, it was Seargant's Order.

    I had a debuff on me (I think it was the taunted debuff). It's possible that Recovery Posture or Defensive Posture is messing with Grounded somehow.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Definitely still getting chain pulled. Just had 5 in a row.

  8. #8
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Yeah I just confirmed, grounded isn't working in conquest
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team Archonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Found the problem in Conquest. Should make it out with the next available hotfix.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Just wanted to note that General's Order doesn't grey out but it does not pull a grounded player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Found the problem in Conquest. Should make it out with the next available hotfix.
    Thank you for the quick action!
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team Archonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Just wanted to note that General's Order doesn't grey out but it does not pull a grounded player.
    Since AoE pulls still have the potential to work on surrounding non grounded targets we decided to not block the ability from being cast.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Wait wait wait wait wait wait

    We have a PVP dev?
    ~Quiescent

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait

    We have a PVP dev?
    with 70 ninja posts

  15. #15
    Rift Master The Ic0N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait

    We have a PVP dev?
    LOL, not even close. He lost the lottery at Trion and has to respond to PvP posts. Its considered the worst position at the company. Even the guy in charge of in-game fishing has it better!!!
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon


    Tempagon PvP Video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts