+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Conquest with new war groups.

Shadowlander

Default Conquest with new war groups.

Will there be multiple cq's running at the same time or have we just added a whole lot of people to a limited raid number?

Will a bad ping mean I never get to do CQ? (I don't have a bad ping, but some people do!)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caisha View Post
    Will there be multiple cq's running at the same time or have we just added a whole lot of people to a limited raid number?

Will a bad ping mean I never get to do CQ? (I don't have a bad ping, but some people do!)
    The assumption is that it will just be 1 at a time like it always has been. There doesn't seem to be any way in the UI to specify a conquest if more than 1 game was going.

It holds a lot of players, and I have yet to see a game on my battle group that was ever anywhere near what I would consider full. If it is does happen to get full I'm sure Trion will try to help in some way . . . the forums will explode with queued QQ.

I've also found that if you go to areas with no other people and few NPC's it really helps with being sure to click quickly for the team you like. Usually about a minute before the match is going to start I portal out and run to a spot where I know other people are unlikely to be.

or how about * cough * RANDOM TEAMS!!!

I know.... Queue Queue... Amiright? Well some of us are tired of queuing. Conquest has really been a joke since launch. It get's 'fixed' and people quickly adapt to the changes and carry on bidness as usual. I'd say 9/10 times if I have the conquest window open the instant 'join' appears for nf I click and don't get into the game.

NF has been the team to join for some time now. If you're lucky enough to get into nf you wind up getting drastically more favor than the people 'stuck' on the other 2 teams.

Randomizing teams would fix this glaring problem w\ conquest.
    Last edited by Archemys; 10-24-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

More people might mean less of a numerical advantage for the Top faction that people gravitate toward.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    or how about * cough * RANDOM TEAMS!!!

I know.... Queue Queue... Amiright? Well some of us are tired of queuing. Conquest has really been a joke since launch. It get's 'fixed' and people quickly adapt to the changes and carry on bidness as usual. I'd say 9/10 times if I have the conquest window open the instant 'join' appears for nf I click and don't get into the game.

NF has been the team to join for some time now. If you're lucky enough to get into nf you wind up getting drastically more favor than the people 'stuck' on the other 2 teams.

Randomizing teams would fix this glaring problem w\ conquest.
    Currently on the Fabelight server Dom then Oath then NF. NF always has room, but Dom and Oath don't. So say Dom and Oath are full, and there are 15 slots on NF, there will be a lot more the 15 more people wanting to join. Unless I don't understand the Q system. I assumed you can have 2 full raid groups per faction. And there is nothing stoping 2 factions from having 2 full raid groups and one having 3/4 of one. Am I wrong?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    More people might mean less of a numerical advantage for the Top faction that people gravitate toward.
    I agree. But is there not a limit of players per cq?

Also Agreed on Random Q, but that does not effect today's patch, but hopefully the next one;)

Yah, the current stepchildren are always badly outnumbered. Might have 5 or so againt two full raids and then slowly fill. Are premade teams getting an advantage on Qs? I wonder. My suggestion is go random Qs or shut the whole damn thing down. It's pretty much broken and useless right now. Not to mention, a bore.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

or give a Queue for certain team OR soonest opening???
    Beware the Penguin...

60 people * 3 teams = full conquest

I'm pretty sure that there will be more then 180 players wanting to conquest at the same time, that is unless Rift is now some buckwater, two bit, little known MUD?

So given that, multiple Conquests should definitely be in their top list.

I also feel it's time to force random queue. Sure I like being the first one on for a conquest to get a 10 minute win but for those times that I don't get to be in first it's super frustrating. I would rather just random queue, so that it adds 1 person to team A, the next person to team B, etc.

As for groups or raids queing, if a raid of 12 joins team A, then 24 people for team B and C need to queue before everyone can get in game. That is the only way to make it fair so one team doesn't have tons more players then the other.

In summary random CQ team and multiple conquests are a must have.
    Last edited by Hodor; 10-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.

I agree. But is there not a limit of players per cq?

My wild assumption is that it goes by raids and by two factions only. For example, Dom gets 20 people, Oath gets 15, and Nightfall gets 3. No more can join at this point. Okay, then five join Oath. Now two factions have a full raid and new round of 20 invites get sent. Next stage. Dom has 40, Oath 23, Nightfall still at 3.

But again, wild assumption. I also do not believe the system takes into account demoralized peeps who abandon the whole business, which could make matters worse.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    60 people * 3 teams = full conquest

I'm pretty sure that there will be more then 180 players wanting to conquest at the same time, that is unless Rift is now some buckwater, two bit, little known MUD?
    Is it really that low? I though it was 5 raids per team . . . What about if you have a private group join, does the last public raid just not fill?

Where are you getting that info from?

Currently on the Fabelight server Dom then Oath then NF. NF always has room, but Dom and Oath don't. So say Dom and Oath are full, and there are 15 slots on NF, there will be a lot more the 15 more people wanting to join. Unless I don't understand the Q system. I assumed you can have 2 full raid groups per faction. And there is nothing stoping 2 factions from having 2 full raid groups and one having 3/4 of one. Am I wrong?

On Deepwood NF is the winner and the one you can not get in. You have .005 seconds to be allowed in. If you do not make it, you wait for timer to be called and join one of the losers. Wait for then to win. Gain loser favor ect. tag foci till killed and forced spawn
    Have you ever wanted to?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    On Deepwood NF is the winner and the one you can not get in. You have .005 seconds to be allowed in. If you do not make it, you wait for timer to be called and join one of the losers. Wait for then to win. Gain loser favor ect. tag foci till killed and forced spawn
    And yet still if all those people waiting for a NF spot joined Dom instead you'd have a pretty great game, but you can't patch stupid.

Shadowlander

its human nature to not want to join the team that always looses. That's why random q's are needed.

And too, I am starting to think premade groups or raids are getting a preference in queuing. Dom is just too organized lately. I say go random Qs or stop the buff degradation and lower weekly quests to say like 50 kills or, maybe best, kill the whole thing and put it outta its misery.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast