+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Not sure how healers would even go down without a 5k or an 8k discharge

Default Not sure how healers would even go down without a 5k or an 8k discharge

Ive been in so many wf's where is just this mindless hack and slash on healers and in many cases the only time one even got near death was because of a big discharge even then most fo the time its all healed off like it never happened.

And whats up with the shields endless QQ about discharge but the shields just absorb all of the damage?
    Now i understand for squishier classes the big discharges are extremely annoying and **unfair**.

The discharge spec is a one trick pony with very little damaging skills you can actually use. With very inconsistant damage and next to *no damage if it doesn't crit* not to mention void can get purged.
    I will admit I have had a few huge discharges while testing this spec. even still the discharge crits are few and far between. with only a few discharge crits in a hand full of wf's im left scratching my head. as for teh rest of the skills its stupid dmg if i crits and garbage if it doesn't weird.

Like i said for mages and rogues the discharge can be very unfair sometimes but once again in warrior history a spec thats good in wf's sucks in 1v1. with all this focused qq on this stupid warrior spec which isn't even good and i don't even care for, lets not forget about all the other ridiculous things pvp has. mages and rogues you arent UP.

Inc fanboy rage qq
    Last edited by Izualy; 10-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.

You know what I was going to come in here and make a bunch of jokes, but it's too easy.
    Even free cost too much now

Thank god last time I got hit by discharge it didn't crit. I am just sick of warrior bullhockey.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    You know what I was going to come in here and make a bunch of jokes, but it's too easy.
    Opps did I expose something you guys were trying brush under the rug? sounds mad Imo.

Ascendant

Shouldn't you be dying and then complaining about ranged attackers?

When Warrior has no reason to...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Telaran

I've been killed on numerous occasions through my shields. I just have to be focused by more than one person. Of course if there's another person healing me, then you'll need to cc them somehow. I think most of the OPness of the shields stems from a general lack of coordination between dps and perhaps some of the dps being very undergeared compared to a lot of well geared healers coming back with the changes.

I mean sometimes I feel like a god, especially if I have all my CDs up, but I've been killed by people focusing me even though my CDs, so I almost want to say that's how you're supposed to do it. No longer does it seem like you can solo kill a healer. Then again, if I was mana wrenched as a puri I would go down pretty fast I bet.

Guys should pvp with a team of defilers and shaman wards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

I'm guessing they didn't want to nerf cleric healing and the one strong cleric attack ability in pvp at the same time. I expect they will finish the castration next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    I'm guessing they didn't want to nerf cleric healing and the one strong cleric attack ability in pvp at the same time. I expect they will finish the castration next week...
    Honestly, because there was nothing wrong with cleric healing. The issues with clerics lie in the fact that shields have not been nerfed 40%, all the mages going chloro because they don't have a decent DPS spec and Pool of Restoration being OP the ONLY heal that needs to be balanced.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Honestly, because there was nothing wrong with cleric healing. The issues with clerics lie in the fact that shields have not been nerfed 40%, all the mages going chloro because they don't have a decent DPS spec and Pool of Restoration being OP the ONLY heal that needs to be balanced.
    I agree about the shields being the problem. Regardless, now we have both caster classes without a decent dps spec because there are not enough attacks in inquisitor to make up for any loss of damage to its 51pt ability.

Warriors never got nerfed for months (and then only because of the expansion), but a couple people complaining about dying to a fully geared dps cleric using Nysyr's and it warrants one? This is just stupid. Most toons I attacked with Nysyrs did not die unless I or someone else already took half their hps with something else. Most decent players found some way to avoid taking full damage from it anyway.

I agree about the shields being the problem. Regardless, now we have both caster classes without a decent dps spec because there are not enough attacks in inquisitor to make up for any loss of damage to its 51pt ability.

Warriors never got nerfed for months (and then only because of the expansion), but a couple people complaining about dying to a fully geared dps cleric using Nysyr's and it warrants one? This is just stupid. Most toons I attacked with Nysyrs did not die unless I or someone else already took half their hps with something else. Most decent players found some way to avoid taking full damage from it anyway.
    But if the healing is so OP in wfs how is anyone dying? I just don't understand your logic.

I understand how Nysyrs rebuke damage was little spiky everyone pretty much agrees on that. The only reason i think that Nysyrs Rebuke even went on everyone's radar is the fact that people using Tidal Surge to increase it's damage. Other then that the people who die to the normal tick of it are either undergeared or almost dead. From my experience with the ability (not using TS) depending on the player i'm targeting i get ticks of about 800~2.5k (crit). I did happen to be attacked on some who used Tidal surge while doing it on myself and it ticked for about 3.2k crit~

Rift Chaser

There's good news for everyone in this patch. Everything Is a Weapon and Discharge weren't nerfed, so people can go ahead and keep posting the pictures of the 7k Discharges.

All of the other warrior burst abilities were heavily nerfed so in addition to being able to post said screenshots, competant healers should be able to face tank 2-3 warriors indefinitely as they fish for the lucky combo of crits to land the magic Discharge which probably won't kill the healer anyway.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    But if the healing is so OP in wfs how is anyone dying? I just don't understand your logic.

I understand how Nysyrs rebuke damage was little spiky everyone pretty much agrees on that. The only reason i think that Nysyrs Rebuke even went on everyone's radar is the fact that people using Tidal Surge to increase it's damage. Other then that the people who die to the normal tick of it are either undergeared or almost dead. From my experience with the ability (not using TS) depending on the player i'm targeting i get ticks of about 800~2.5k (crit). I did happen to be attacked on some who used Tidal surge while doing it on myself and it ticked for about 3.2k crit~
    I don't think healing is OP...I think damage has been reduced too much and purifier shields are causing problems for that reason. The issue may actually be with too short of a duration on burnout...there is also the ability that heals you when you drop below 30% in the purifier tree which basically counters any large burst of damage.

I'm just saying Nysyr's was not so problematic it needed to be nerfed right away...most of my targets avoid taking full damage from it, so it really is an issue with people needing time to learn to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechar View Post
    There's good news for everyone in this patch. Everything Is a Weapon and Discharge weren't nerfed, so people can go ahead and keep posting the pictures of the 7k Discharges.

All of the other warrior burst abilities were heavily nerfed so in addition to being able to post said screenshots, competant healers should be able to face tank 2-3 warriors indefinitely as they fish for the lucky combo of crits to land the magic Discharge which probably won't kill the healer anyway.
    I will say, i dueled a warrior guildie of mine, him wearing full consumables and going the "OP" spec and he couldn't take me down in 44/22 warden/sent. Honestly, no one should die to a warrior 1v1 as a cleric healer. When you see one charging you, all you have to do is kite them around when they are using their high damage cd. Other then that you just have to watch your HP bar and save your CD when they get a crit combo. When in a warfront warriors are kinda unstoppable because of the fact that if someone else touches you (as a healer) or they pull you into a mob of badguys there is 0 way you can get out of it.

I just think the recent warrior nerfs is going to make good clerics seem a lot better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast