+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Dumbing down the game

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
    People like you make me sick. I bet you didn't read a single thing I said. If you did, you didn't understand any of it.
    Wouldn't waste your time responding to him; his post history shows him whining about how bad Cleric supposedly was last patch when it was far from the case. Sounds like bad cleric given a crutch and now is arrogant about it.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

A healer should be very weak and easy to kill (I'm not saying, that very easy that they just keep dying all the time, but that easy you can easily kill a healer in 1v1 after the healer used it's cooldowns and panic buttons).
    Disagree. Healers are a priority target for 90% of the people that play MMOs. They should be able to turtle against one person of equal competence (perhaps not easily, but not with extreme difficulty) and hold off two in that ballpark for a reasonable amount of time. This gives people the time to react to help support them defensively, and allows a game to function when it typically runs a 1:5 or 3:10 ratio of healers:nonhealers, which is the case for most MMOs.

You should have to get caught to get dropped by one person, barring their complete cooldown dump while you have no counters.

Disclaimer: I traditionally play dps and support.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Disagree. Healers are a priority target for 90% of the people that play MMOs. They should be able to turtle against one person of equal competence (perhaps not easily, but not with extreme difficulty) and hold off two in that ballpark for a reasonable amount of time. This gives people the time to react to help support them defensively, and allows a game to function when it typically runs a 1:5 or 3:10 ratio of healers:nonhealers, which is the case for most MMOs.

You should have to get caught to get dropped by one person, barring their complete cooldown dump while you have no counters.

What is your information regarding the priority targets based on?

I agree with that they should be able to turtle for a while, but not as easily as they can now. Hold two off by popping cooldowns etc, for a while - but not for 20-60minutes like it is now.

Ascendant

I have a healing debuff greater than 10%.

I also see healers die all the time. It takes coordination and a good healer can be a beast, although if you apply the right pressure they can't save themselves and others so if you pressure them and switch targets you can kill others and then move back to them without support and take them out.

I just don't see the problem. I don't play a healer, and the self healing and snares and such that I used to have a completely gone, but life goes on and we adapt. Fights with good healers on both sides are fun because they last and because it takes teamwork and strategy to win.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

People like you make me sick. I bet you didn't read a single thing I said. If you did, you didn't understand any of it.

How it should be:
    1. Healer keeps the group alive
    2. The group keeps the healer alive

How it is:
    1. Healer keeps the group alive
    2. Healer keeps himself alive

A healer should be very weak and easy to kill (I'm not saying, that very easy that they just keep dying all the time, but that easy you can easily kill a healer in 1v1 after the healer used it's cooldowns and panic buttons.) However, coordinating with team is something I approve, but all I'm saying is there should be a smart or few smart ways to take down a healer, that you can do by yourself, if you've got a spec capable of killing healers effectively. Currently, no spec is capable of killing healers effectively.

edit: by having a spec capable of killing healers effectively, I'm not talking about "OP SPEC", I'm talking about a spec that has some healing reductions etc, but isn't capable of taking much damage or something. You get the point. Each "good" spec should have some weaknesses, as well as some specialties.
    huh? so healers should have no survivability outside a group? if a healer can't keep himself alive he's not going to easily manage keeping a group alive is he?

let's face it. this is not MMO's 5,10 years ago, when the PvP groups played like a group, and cared about the rest of the 'team'.

the only group that cares about the healer now is a pre-made in 99.899% of cases.
    the rest only speak to the healer if they aren't getting enough heals. and then it's generally in abusive yells.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

What is your information regarding the priority targets based on?
    A decade of experience with people crying in chat channels about how healers aren't being targeted/marked/snared/interrupted/whatever?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

LOL. I have to laugh. What you guys did was whine for the removal of abilities like LW that contribute to a more complex pvp experience for all damage or all heals in the hope these changes would make it so you never die or take damgae. It is stupid. If the goal of Rift pvp is to make it so healers are no longer silenced or CC and can facetank a warrior then said goal was achieved. What is the funny is the hard hits of warlord are counteracted by one shield from a healer. Yet, you all still want it nerfed.

Grats all... PVP is a complete and utter joke. It is beyond stupid at this point.

We did a blackgarden last night with three clerics on the other side and with our entire team attacking the carrier he did not die. He eventually got one shot by the increasing DOT. At one point we all just stopped attacking and started talking. It was so stupid. This is not good pvp.

PVP is about teamwork and averting death by working together. What we have now is a complete and utter joke..

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    LOL. I have to laugh. What you guys did was whine for the removal of abilities like LW that contribute to a more complex pvp experience for all damage or all heals in the hope these changes would make it so you never die or take damgae. It is stupid. If the goal of Rift pvp is to make it so healers are no longer silenced or CC and can facetank a warrior then said goal was achieved. What is the funny is the hard hits of warlord are counteracted by one shield from a healer. Yet, you all still want it nerfed.

Grats all... PVP is a complete and utter joke. It is beyond stupid at this point.

We did a blackgarden last night with three clerics on the other side and with our entire team attacking the carrier he did not die. He eventually got one shot by the increasing DOT. At one point we all just stopped attacking and started talking. It was so stupid. This is not good pvp.

PVP is about teamwork and averting death by working together. What we have now is a complete and utter joke..
    It must suck being an underpowered wqrriqr. I feel for you.

The warriors are one shotting people!!!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    huh? so healers should have no survivability outside a group? if a healer can't keep himself alive he's not going to easily manage keeping a group alive is he?

let's face it. this is not MMO's 5,10 years ago, when the PvP groups played like a group, and cared about the rest of the 'team'.

the only group that cares about the healer now is a pre-made in 99.899% of cases.
    the rest only speak to the healer if they aren't getting enough heals. and then it's generally in abusive yells.
    No, what should be is if enough DPS jump on a cleric it should at the very least, put pressure on the cleric to stop healing the group and start healing themselves to survive.

Right now it is, HEALS FOR EVERYONE+SHIELDS NO ONE DIES!! RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS!

As of right now from reading a few dev posts, a lot of dps is still above the mark, meaning dps will most likely drop... again, meaning that healers will be even more effective. It was already sluggish and slow but if this happens then heals will be the undisputed OP thing in pvp, no questions asked, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The warriors are one shotting people!!!
    I liked him too.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    No, what should be is if enough DPS jump on a cleric it should at the very least, put pressure on the cleric to stop healing the group and start healing themselves to survive.

Right now it is, HEALS FOR EVERYONE+SHIELDS NO ONE DIES!! RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS!

As of right now from reading a few dev posts, a lot of dps is still above the mark, meaning dps will most likely drop... again, meaning that healers will be even more effective. It was already sluggish and slow but if this happens then heals will be the undisputed OP thing in pvp, no questions asked, hands down.
    So all the threads of OMG A WARRIOR KILLED ME are bogus?
    Or you'd prefer the 1% of clerics that don't go dps, switch too?
    Not hard to work out why no one wants to heal in warfronts ... is it.

Maybe healing should be taken out of PvP altogether. At least it would put a new spin on the whine.

And as for rainbows and unicorns? What warfronts is that in? I must find them!

Played 51 chloro vs a sin variant, literally was impossible to heal through, tested it with another mage healing and was the same, a sin was able to burst through a chloro spamming heals on himself. No dps should be able to solo a healer. Period

Rift Disciple

I've canceled my sub, since 1.8 mages have been getting nerfed and I'm tired of it. I'm max gear max pa bored of the game and sick of what of what they are doing to mages. I started my mage with the full intent of playing pyro. Now pyro is rediculous in pvp with elemental damage getting nerfed. Mana drain nerfs wasn't needed and is silly, Cloro damage not equaling healing anymore. But Oh wait our pet classes are getting buffed yay cause pets are terrible in pvp with zero diminishing returns on CC and 0 valor. What does the future hold for mages a semi rogue melee class, again I played mage to nuke not melee. Just give trion more money they'll fix it, sorry the game is just getting worse not better for me.

Dreded
    Last edited by redrox; 10-25-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I also see healers die all the time.
    I just don't see the problem.
    I'm not sure if trolling or under level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

Exactly. Healers should have at least some trouble keeping themselves alive if they're attacked. That's what the rest of the group is for - take care of the healer, and the healer takes care of them. But as you already said, that's not how it is - wonder why? Because healers simply can take care of the group, as well as themselves -> there's no need for anyone to take care of the healer. In my opinion, that's just plain ********.

A decade of experience with people crying in chat channels about how healers aren't being targeted/marked/snared/interrupted/whatever?
    But you said healers are the priority target of 90% MMO players? If it was so, why would there be a lot of people crying in chat channels about healers not being targeted?

According to my experience, in an average warfront you have 1-2 players that mark healers or focus them anyway. The rest of them won't most likely even communicate, or focusfire marked targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    PVP is a complete and utter joke. It is beyond stupid at this point.

I agree at least with this part.
    Anyway, if I ever demanded removal of LW - that's because it was ridiculously overpowered - come on, 50% healing reduction that comes from like, what, every crit and can't be dispelled? However, they hadn't had to remove it - they could've just made it that way it can be countered, for example, make it dispellable, or maybe the target becomes immune to it after the first 5-6 seconds of it or something. I'd prefer the ability to dispell the LW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast