+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: yeah - another warrior thread - with pics

Plane Touched

Default yeah - another warrior thread - with pics

Folks, play a mage, its alot of fun at the moment.

I am just wondering who is the dev incharge of warriors in trion? How hard is it to figure that a 42 WL / 24 VK would give a warrior an obscene amount of AP and allow you to use 20m range discharge to destroy people? (let alone a pull, a charge and a summon)

I am r50 with full valor, and this is how a typical WF with tank warriors looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/DuKTV.jpg

full health (10k)

Pull
    4.85k PT
    2.6K backhand (off GCD)
    3.23 king of the hill

Dead

Now...if i somehow managed to escape and maybe get a heal..this is what is waiting for me as the next warrior ability.. (yes by now the war would have 10 pacts - 40% extra AP on top of his 7000 AP from eiaw and surge)

http://i.imgur.com/TFsMO.jpg

7.3k Discharge

Great pvp you got there trion. I think they called this patch 1.11 based on how pyros used to be back in 1.1
    Last edited by Firebl@de; 10-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.

A lot of your message is really taken away by the lack of timestamps.

Also, PT is also off global.

Ascendant

I stand by my statement that Warlord is the most overpowered thing in Rift PvP, ever.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

You'll have a hard time making a case about damage of skills before an expansion.

Whine about mechanics instead.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    A lot of your message is really taken away by the lack of timestamps.

Also, PT is also off global.
    sorry, don't have timestamps on, but it was all done in 1 pull which i couldnt even run away from.

the 7.3k discharge...you dont need a timestamp for that right? :P

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Firebl@de View Post
    Folks, play a mage, its alot of fun at the moment.

I am just wondering who is the dev incharge of warriors in trion? How hard is it to figure that a 42 WL / 24 VK would give a warrior an obscene amount of AP and allow you to use 20m range discharge to destroy people? (let alone a pull, a charge and a summon)

I am r50 with full valor, and this is how a typical WF with tank warriors looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/DuKTV.jpg

full health (10k)

Pull
    4.85k PT
    2.6K backhand (off GCD)
    3.23 king of the hill

Dead

Now...if i somehow managed to escape and maybe get a heal..this is what is waiting for me as the next warrior ability.. (yes by now the war would have 10 pacts - 40% extra AP on top of his 7000 AP from eiaw and surge)

http://i.imgur.com/TFsMO.jpg

7.3k Discharge

Great pvp you got there trion. I think they called this patch 1.11 based on how pyros used to be back in 1.1
    Give me a break. You want OP then find a mage that can play.

Boo Hoo. Cry some more. In any other warrior spec you have the exact opposite. In other words, the warrior can essentially be ignored because damage output is to low and they have very little CC. In 51 riftblade I was getting stand tanked by mages and clerics in warfronts and it was just plain stupid. All the warfronts I did had mages, rogues, and clerics in top dps and kills with the lone warrior in the spec you mentioned above. It is the only one that works for warriors at the moment. Everything else is just garbage. If warriors do not have the CC then the only thing left is burst damage. The only spec that gives this burst damage is the one you posted about. If this spec is not used warriors can be pretty much ignored. Well not that extreme but it sucks.

Now ask me if I care? I don't because an exapansion is coming out in a few weeks. I can tell you the direction of Rift pvp is going the wrong way. You again have the cleric healers tanking 10 people, mages facetanking warriors and melee rogues, and other garbage that never should be in the game ever.

Look what Rift pvp has turned into. Trion has taken the worst suggestions on the pvp forums from the worst players in the game. Unkillable clerics, warriors with no burst or cc in melee, mages facetanking melee dps, removed heal debuffs, blah, blah, blah..... Rift pvp is the result of Trion doing it again. Listening to a few extremely bad and selfish players and the majority paying the price for it.

Trion -> You will not survive the next game release unless you stop doing this.
    Last edited by Majorin; 10-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    stuff
    Oh, Majorin...
    Fluent

Plane Touched

\
    Boo Hoo. Cry some more. In any other warrior spec you have the exact opposite. In other words, the warrior can essentially be ignored because damage output is to low and they have very little CC. In 51 riftblade I was getting stand tanked by mages and clerics in warfronts and it was just plain stupid. All the warfronts I did had mages, rogues, and clerics in top dps and kills with the lone warrior in the spec you mentioned above. It is the only one that works for warriors at the moment. Everything else is just garbage. If warriors do not have the CC then the only thing left is burst damage. The only spec that gives this burst damage is the one you posted about. If this spec is not used warriors can be pretty much ignored. Well not that extreme but it sucks.

Now ask me if I care? I don't because an exapansion is coming out in a few weeks. I can tell you this the direction of pvp in Rift is going the wrong way. You again have the cleric healers tanking 10 people, the mages facetanking warriors and melee rogues, and other garbage that never should be in the game ever.

Look what Rift pvp has turned into. Trion has taken the worst suggestions on the pvp forums from the worst players in the game. Unkillable clerics, warriors with no burst or cc in melee, mages facetanking melee dps, removed heal debuffs, blah, blah, blah..... Rift pvp is the result of Trion doing it again. Listening to a few extremely bad and selfish players and the majority paying the price for it.

I just wonder if you remember the moment when your mother gave birth to you and dropped you on the floor. you tell me not to QQ and you end up QQing about trion.. classy

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    You'll have a hard time making a case about damage of skills before an expansion.

Whine about mechanics instead.
    Someone. Put a DR on that Fu*king pull.

Rift Disciple

Give me a break. You want OP then find a mage that can play.

Now ask me if I care? I don't because an exapansion is coming out in a few weeks. I can tell you the direction of Rift pvp is going the wrong way. You again have the cleric healers tanking 10 people, mages facetanking warriors and melee rogues, and other garbage that never should be in the game ever.

your wrong As 51 rb I can take down r50 clerics and mages.. all it takes is setup.. cd usage.. honestly.. if you cant kill someone as 51 rb your not doing it right.. you can indeed hit like a wet noodle or you can scare the living crap outta someone with your setup.. your choice really.. as far as this build goes ive heard a few guildies proudly stating they have 7.2k ap... thats broken.. and abusing a bug is as I remember correctly against ToS. so unless they exaggerated on that AP of theirs I would say this build needs a fix bc its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Someone. Put a DR on that Fu*king pull.
    It hasn't had one forever. No one just played WL except conquest, but WL was still a tank then.

Now the pull abuse as well as charges are our only way to reliably keep someone in melee range. They removed all our snares as well as the general cutback in number of CC for everyone.

It's annoying, looks weird, plays like how no one wanted, but it's what we gotta do.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-21-2012 at 09:18 AM.

It hasn't had one forever. No one just played WL except conquest, but WL was still a tank then.

Now the pull abuse as well as charges are our only way to reliably keep someone in melee range. They removed all our snares as well as the general cutback in number of CC for everyone.

It's annoying, looks weird, plays like how no one wanted, but it's what we gotta do.
    I am well aware of what has and hasn't done had a DR and what they did to warrior CC. .

Doesn't mean the pull shouldn't have a DR - you say you want to keep someone in melee range - this should not be viable when it takes <5 seconds to kill a full valour target.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    I am well aware of what has and hasn't done had a DR and what they did to warrior CC. .

Doesn't mean the pull shouldn't have a DR - you say you want to keep someone in melee range - this should not be viable when it takes <5 seconds to kill a full valour target.
    Takes <5 seconds to kill someone with a switch after stacking two 3 pt buffs and a CD from another target in a current meta game where if this didn't exist many games would be stalemates because of purifier.

Been in to many games where nothing happens. I agree the burst is dumb, but at the same time so is shields and healing still.

I'm not disagreeing that it should have a DR. I'm just trying to make it clear why everyone is doing it. Put a Dr on WL pulls, tone down the burst, give us leg sweep again.

Takes <5 seconds to kill someone with a switch after stacking two 3 pt buffs and a CD from another target in a current meta game where if this didn't exist many games would be stalemates because of purifier.

Been in to many games where nothing happens. I agree the burst is dumb, but at the same time so is shields and healing still.

I'm not disagreeing that it should have a DR. I'm just trying to make it clear why everyone is doing it. Put a Dr on WL pulls, tone down the burst, give us leg sweep again.
    Oh I'm well aware of the nerf bat purifier needs.

And rebuke.

But I didn't realise we were dealing with that here.

And like you said before - mechanics not abilities.

Ascendant

jesus christ
    Are you really serious...?
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast