+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robes
  • 1 Post By Adastra

Thread: Is this a bug, or normal now?

Telaran

Default Is this a bug, or normal now?

Just wondering if this kind of damage is the norm now or if this is a bug or something. I don't ever remember being hit this hard by anything before, but with all the changes I'm just not sure what I should expect. Take a look at how hard this tanking warriors Discharge hit me for. I'm in full r50 pvp gear with armor plating on.

Is this a bug, or normal now?-2012-10-21_114424.jpg

Edit: Doesn't seem like you can enlarge the image enough using the normal rift forum upload feature. It says that Discharge critically hit me for 7458 air damage (253 overkill, 266 absorbed).
    Last edited by Albrech; 10-21-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Rehost the image on http://imgur.com/ because nobody can see what you're talking about.

Also, everything is a weapon + loads of pacts + other finishers = huge discharges. I saw a 6k one on me last night. It's air damage by the way.

Also, install this: http://advancedcombattracker.com/download.php to review the parses of damage, both incoming and outgoing.
    Last edited by Valnak; 10-21-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Telaran

Yeah when I checked I realized you couldn't see anything even enlarged. His other physical abilities were only hitting me for like 4-5k each. I just caught this hit and it seemed a little extreme when i only have 11k hp. Granted I'm not flasked or anything like that, but I don't think that would matter too much. Just for emphasis, that's one hit that got me for 70% of my total hp (11410) with Reef Barrier up.
    Last edited by Albrech; 10-21-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Telaran

Default That guy probably is stacking oilstones......

stacked oilstones

Nerf viod bolt
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Nerf viod bolt
    Nearf viod bolt.

/waiting for the next legendary mage typo complaint thread~

edit: Although, I think the nearf thread was actually about warriors, not mages.
    Last edited by Adastra; 10-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Nearf viod bolt.

/waiting for the next legendary mage typo complaint thread~

edit: Although, I think the nearf thread was actually about warriors, not mages.
    No no, it was about buny hoping mages.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Last edited by Violacea; 10-27-2012 at 03:19 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

nerf dicharje
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Yes discharge is nasty as hell, but understand as well that Warlord is a offensive/defensive hybrid soul so it will bolster damage with any soul it is paired with. Honestly, EiaW won't be needed when damage is brought down to normal for everyone and healing+shields are brought down to not be so OP. Going only 18 or sp points into VK and not using my EiaW still allows my discharge to hit hard as hell with my surges up and if you've got your reactives up then you can get some great burst without damn near one shotting someone insane damage.

I like the idea of the Warlord/Voidknight, it's fun and discharge is fun and how building pacts and trying to keep pacts is a very interesting part of the spec. So I hope it will still be viable after EiaW is nerfed or completely removed.

+ Reply to Thread