+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple things that should be changed

Shadowlander

Default Couple things that should be changed

First off we can start with the brackets, i don't understand how you can make a bracket for 10-19 but you can't make one for prestiege 1-10 and so on. It is far too annoying when you hit 50 and you have no gear, que for pvp and just get killed in 2-3 shots every time you run out there. Easily fixable by making it so people cannot que with people who aren't in their prestiege bracket, OR you could change the ques' so that they match up by total earned favor. This would put people in games with people who have about the same experience and gear as they do.

Secondly, but most importantly, STOP CHANGING THE GEAR TIERS. I have like 600k total favor on my old warrior that i went back to recently. i had stopped playing him awhile back way before Inferal Dawn and instant adventures, planar attunement. Anyways. He had Legionairres set which was rank 4 at the time out of 8. so that gear was decent obviously took me 600k favor to get. THEN i log back in couple months later and now his gear is at the bottom of the list? and i do not get any favor back? now i have 600k favor spent, and i need to farm up ALL of my favor again. Wtf is this? at least sell all my items back and give me the favor i had, ESPECIALLY when yo make the second tier gear for rank 25+ (for the weapons) Available without the first tier!!! I cannot be the only one who is pissed off about this i feel like i shouldn't even bother buying any gear anymore because its just going to be changed again and become obselete.

I'll im asking is for you guys to stop ****ing with peoples characters and making them work alot harder then they should. theres no reason to turn my decenetly good gear into the ****tiest gear available. AT LEAST change it up, or give me my favor back.

I think Trion has more important **** to worry about than your little problems...

NERF CLERICS & FIX PVP NOOBS!!! (yes Trion thats you)
    Last edited by SoKoQQ; 10-21-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Shadowlander

well for 1 neither of theese issues are related to just me, the brackets issue is for everybody, and same with the gear issue i can't be the only one who is experiencing this ********. Listen to your mother if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at alll.

Soulwalker

Respectfully I disagree with the original poster whilst completely empathising with his/her situation.

I do not think it unreasonable that if you take time off from an MMO game and return to it that you will have been passed by progression. As new gear comes out with higher tiers of PvE content it is also reasonable to anticipate that new pvp gear will also come out in synch with PvE, especially as pvp in Rift can and does have a correlation to pve content (I refer specifically to the conquest buffs as well some BiS items). Rift is not a static game that you can put down and pick up where you left it, it evolves (and as we should be well are aware of - Trion evolves Rift far more frequently than other MMO's with new content).

I only recently ventured into pvp and am slowly grinding myself up through the Prestige ranks and gear upgrading through Favour. Yes at times I get pasted by those better geared. But I also play to that awareness (being squishy I play ranged as opposed to mellee). I find myself consistently in warfronts with P50's and have both killed them and been killed by them. The larger factor I find determining survival is less about gear though, in my experience so far it comes down to healers being in the area.

The technical issue of dividing people into different prestige ranks i.e 1-10, 11-20 etc is I think not as doable as you might think. I see a lot of the same names in multiple warfronts which leads me to believe that there is not sufficient numbers overall to make such divisions viable without ridiculously long queue times (Conquest being an exception to this observation). Do I get frustrated dying at times to better geared people...sure absolutely but I cry more when I enter a Martyrdom Warfront and there are no healers on the team (Defiants really need to convince their healers to pvp more).

It is not easy to re-engage into a game that you left thinking of it in one way only to return to find that so much has changed. It is at those times you have to dig down inside yourself and find either the stamina to persist through the pain in rising back to where you would prefer to be or giving up and walking away. I don't recommend giving up even when in a Warfront where the odds of winning are zero percent.

I hope you persist through the pain and get to the level you seek to be at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganjaru View Post
    THEN i log back in couple months later and now his gear is at the bottom of the list? and i do not get any favor back? now i have 600k favor spent, and i need to farm up ALL of my favor again. Wtf is this?
    Welcome to progressive MMO's. A toon that people drooled over can be one that has crap gear any average player would scoff at over a year, or even shorter time if the moment is right - like a level cap raise.

Just imagine, even if you had all that gear back and all your 'rightful' earnings, how you seem to put it - when SL comes out all that gear will be garbage again. 3 - 4 months into SL when most people have 60 gear nobody would dream of equipping anything we have on right now. Just the way it is
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread