+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Now that the NDA is lifted, I can post THIS!

Default Now that the NDA is lifted, I can post THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Updates to Valor, Vengeance and Global Modifiers

Global Modifications to Healing/Damage/Absorbs
    • While in PVP combat, Damage from 1-59 and Healing and Absorbs from 1-60 are now globally reduced.
    • [WIP] In Warfronts/Conquests these modifiers are always active for Heals and Absorbs regardless of combat state.
    • [WIP] Add Global Damage, Healing and Absorb reduction values to the Valor tooltip in the Character Sheet.

Valor
    • As damage is now globally reduced from 1-59, Valor has been removed from gear below level 60.
    • At 60 the majority of Valor gains will come from Armor(50%), Weapons(35%) and Essences(10%).

Vengeance
    • Vengeance now accounts for much more of the bonus from PVP Weapons and Armor
    • [WIP] We're reworking how Vengeance is calculated from ability usage and talents. Once done, in PVP combat Vengeance should perform no differently then AP or SP.

Pre 60 Items
    • Augments, Runes and buffs from food that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance.
    • [WIP] Essences that previously granted Valor now grant Vengeance and Resists.

Warfronts

Due to how rapidly power is gained leveling from 51 though 60 we felt that the best experience would result from reducing the level range in Warfronts post 50. The new brackets for Storm Legion will include:
    • 50-54
    • 55-59
    • [WIP] Karthan Ridge is now available at level 50. Collect bombs and blow up enemy emplacements.
    • Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche has been retired - Escalation: Whitefall Steppes has taken its place full time!
    • Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m.
    • [WIP] Rewards will be increased globally for Wins to account for the overall loss in rewards from kills.

[WIP] Random Warfronts
    • Instead of grabbing a Daily Quest each day for a particular Warfront, you'll now gain bonus rewards for completing a Random Warfront (up to 7 per week similar to LFD).
    • Additionally, at Rank 60 you'll start gaining Freelancer Marks and at Rank 70 Warlord Marks (or bonus Freelancer Marks)

Conquest

Readiness Bonus now grant a static amount of AP/SP, Vengeance and Maximum Health.
    • I: 20 AP/SP and Vengeance. 245 Maximum Health.
    • II: 40 AP/SP and Vengeance. 485 Maximum Health.
    • III: 60 AP/SP and Vengeance. 730 Maximum Health.

PVP Armor, Weapons and more

All gear is sold in Tempest Bay

Mercenary Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Petrikov
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor
    Freelancer Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Margaret
    • Armor requires Rank 60, Weapons Rank 70
    • Costs Favor and Freelancer Marks
    Warlord Set
    • Sold by Mercenary Hunson
    • Armor requires Rank 70, Weapons Rank 80
    • Costs Favor, Warlord Marks and the equivalent Freelancer piece
    Essences
    • Sold by Fionna Finn
    • Requires Level 60
    • Costs Favor and Infinity Stone

[WIP] PVE and PVP armor now share the same set of Synergy Crystals
    [WIP] Set bonuses are now shared across sets.

[WIP] Dimension Decorations, Social Clothing, other Misc Stuff

Crowd Control

Fear, Polymorph, Incapacitate, Stun, Root, Banish, Silence and Disarm will continue to be subject to diminishing returns when used against players in PvP.
    • 1st effect has full duration, and when it ends the target becomes immune for a period of time equal to that duration.
    • [WIP] A new UI element is being added to nameplates to show the current state of your targets CC counter. There will be seperate elements for Control (Stuns, Banish, etc) and Movement (Roots).

Rank Progression

Levels 50-59
    • [WIP] Between level 50 and 59 you will continue to gain prestige until Rank 50.
    • [WIP] At level 60 you begin earning Prestige past Rank 50.
    • [WIP] Prestige required to reach Rank 50 will be reduced to accelerate progression.

Bolstering 2.0

[WIP] 1-59 Warfront Brackets
    • Other then access to higher ability ranks and talent gains, all players should now be boosted to the max level effectiveness available in the bracket.
    [WIP] Level 60 Warfronts and Conquest

Bolstering at max level now has less to do with rank, and is instead focused on the PVP Gear you have equipped

Instead of boosting individual stats if they are below the desired ranks goals, or capping individual stats when you are above those goals we now examine each piece of gear to determine if it needs to be replaced or ignored.
    • Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    • If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    • If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.
    • Runes applied to your current gear will still take effect if they are replaced.
    • Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    • Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.

In summary...if you want to gain an advantage on your opponents in Warfronts or Conquest you'll need to work on your PVP gear!
    I agree with the approach they are using to PvP changes in SL. Rather then big new flashy things like a new PvP system or a new conquest map, they are changing the core mechanics to try and balance it.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Talamira; 10-19-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Changed heading colors

All that yellow. My eyes...

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

It was yellow in the original post, I just went through and fixed it.

Mostly good changes, don't like a few, really don't care for the kill range reduced to 100m because that just punishes people who defend objectives. I also don't feel like winning should be increased, it was already at a good spot.

A lot of these changes however, are great, specifically the Valor/Vengeance changes.

The bolstering changes are for the best as well, no more raid gear people riding their PvE gear to victory
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

A good first step to new competitive content.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Thank you!!!

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

The new color is so much better than that yellow... I thought i was going blind

Shield of Telara

Holy shiz...

I really hope this shuts up the "TRION DOESNT CARE ABOUT PVP RABBLE RABBLE" goons that lurk around here too
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Only part standing out to me is the kill range reward reduction. But I don't know how greatly the win increase is.

I see the intention with it but I think that aspect should be scrapped. Yes it is easy now but people still complain and it still takes a somewhat respectable amount of time, generally, with zonewide rewards. My issue is the mentality it will instill. Once a win is imminent, the red-headed step child will be the one who has to maintain further away objectives while bulk of a fight goes on elsewhere. Likewise, if a team is losing, it will highly discourage attempt to stray away from a mass clash of players to grab objectives. Like a gamble, many might figure better rewards at this point if I just try to get some kills by the group.

Codex is a great example, the vault is just as worthy of a point to hold as the other 3 and it can be a steady source of points. Depending on the win increase, guarding distant objectives might not be enough. And in the case you lose, it really disheartens the person from trying to make an effort beyond the mass group fighting.

1. It's intention is good but the mentality it will instill will just play out negatively in light of it.

2. This could all change a bit depending on how high the winners rewards were tweaked. A loss is a loss, I am not so worried about rewards when you lose. But if the win is increased enough to make kills moot when you get a win, it could be good.

But still even if 2 applies, you get the instance where *someone* has to help win the game and in some cases the person rewarded least on the winning team could be the person who actually was most keen about winning the game.

The rest looks pretty good. Everyone is going to have some time to put in ahead of them, 10 levels and 30 ranks it appears, if you are rank 50 now.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-19-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The NDA is lifted?

Violacea hit the nail on the head. Codex is immediately what I thought about, and that favor change would ruin teamplay in PuG WFs
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    I really hope this shuts up the "TRION DOESNT CARE ABOUT PVP RABBLE RABBLE" goons that lurk around here too
    It is a start yes. but in all actuality content wise we got a new WF not much has really changed besides balance

Also has anyone seen the mercenary/warlord gear? the graphics re terrible lol they need to fire the guy who made them.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I actually may go back and play some PvP now!!!

Thanks!!!

Penguin
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    It is a start yes. but in all actuality content wise we got a new WF not much has really changed besides balance

Also has anyone seen the mercenary/warlord gear? the graphics re terrible lol they need to fire the guy who made them.
    I think the current PVP gear is a placeholder. Or, at least I really hope it is considering the massive step down in quality from r40-50 gear.

As far as new content, I know I've seen it hinted that more new modes may be coming to existing maps, and hopefully they deliver there.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast