+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Default What am I doing wrong?

I was stuck at work for two days after 1.11 so I didn't get a chance to see the borked valor affair. I saw posts from devs that said it was fixed but I am wondering what that means. My pre 1.11 FO easily used to hit for 600-1200 in PvP with LF being about 1100-1500(crits). So I rebuilt my toons, for PvP, a MM and a Pyro and jumped in some WFs. My FO is now doing 150-250, my pyro is even more pitiful, FBs were hitting for 100-200 where FB used to do 1000-2000.

What am I missing? I know I lost some damage bonuses, but I am hitting for less than a third of what I used to. I have 400+ vengeance (every PvP/CQ item), so I know it isn't for lack of gear. Is this what its supposed to be like? I can't kill anything solo now.

And here's the wierd bit, I am doing way more damage in PvE. When I tested the builds on dummys I was giddy, thought I was gonna go melt me some faces. Then I got in a PoS and the pain train came to town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Regarding fan out, all aoe damage is reduced in pvp. And for fireballs, everyone has elemental resistance that reduces damage by ... erm... 30-40% I think. Then valor reduces another 50-60%.

100-200 sounds really low though
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Everyone got a bunch of extra non-physical damage reduction with the increased resistances. Most other trees (see: Cleric, Mage, even NB iirc) got resistance piercing talents, to un-gimp their damage. Marksman didn't, and Fan Out is air damage, so it sucks now.

.. But I'm not complaining, honestly >_> maybe now people will stop spamming it and actually be helpful to their teams.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Regarding fan out, all aoe damage is reduced in pvp. And for fireballs, everyone has elemental resistance that reduces damage by ... erm... 30-40% I think. Then valor reduces another 50-60%.

100-200 sounds really low though
    Thanks for the info. Guess I can't push people around with my AEs anymore.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Everyone got a bunch of extra non-physical damage reduction with the increased resistances. Most other trees (see: Cleric, Mage, even NB iirc) got resistance piercing talents, to un-gimp their damage. Marksman didn't, and Fan Out is air damage, so it sucks now.

.. But I'm not complaining, honestly >_> maybe now people will stop spamming it and actually be helpful to their teams.
    FO was great for breaking up lines. When the healers and ranged started getting hit with 800 damage per, they would move back and hopefully leave their melee heal targets.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    FO was great for breaking up lines. When the healers and ranged started getting hit with 800 damage per, they would move back and hopefully leave their melee heal targets.
    I can't really do much more than just disagree with you. IMO, Fan Out (when you're not in CQ, obviously) is a waste of time.
    ~Quiescent

I am really not even playing my Sab ATM. AoEs in of themselves are way too bad for now.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I can't really do much more than just disagree with you. IMO, Fan Out (when you're not in CQ, obviously) is a waste of time.
    Well, the powers have spoken and its a dead issue anyway you slice it.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Only AoE I bother with now is Lightning Fury, for the AoE armor debuff.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Figured it out. I did not have my PA setup and in comparison, much better now. Losing FO took about 5 minutes to get used to. Now I actually have to pay attention to what I am shooting at, pre 1.11 it was more a general vicinity thing =)
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I'm still trying to work out why players are using spam out on the single cap, with no enemies in sight.

Should I just keep giggling? Or is there a reason for it?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I'm still trying to work out why players are using spam out on the single cap, with no enemies in sight.

They're rogues.
    I don't think anyone understands them.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post

Amazingly, the new preset MM thingy advises players to "Fanout as much as possible... "

But I think people miss the second part, which is ..." when facing multiple enemies."

(might be the devs making a joke. pretty good one.)
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 10-21-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am really not even playing my Sab ATM. AoEs in of themselves are way too bad for now.
    blast charge my friend.

+ Reply to Thread