+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Overboard with the Valor Nerf

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Overboard with the Valor Nerf

Do you thinks it is alright for a fully geared Rogue to take a non crit of 2266 damage from Piercing Thrust? Healing is just ridiculous. The good healers run around with several people tanking them, the less skilled just roll over and die.

I been noticing this all morning. I been getting absolutely destroyed by the Warrior class. Another thing to check out, some people were complaining about the new mage fire elemental, they say its hitting for 3k.

PTS was fun and balanced. Trion, want to destroy PvP in Rift? You are on a great route for that.

Update:
    I been hit by king of hill for 2302 non crit.
    Hit by Backhand for 2265 non crit.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 10-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.

I am having just as much if not more fun post patch than before.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Please tell me more of how you're getting destroyed in warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Do you thinks it is alright for a fully geared Rogue to take a non crit of 2266 damage from Piercing Thrust? Healing is just ridiculous. The good healers run around with several people tanking them, the less skilled just roll over and die.

I been noticing this all morning. I been getting absolutely destroyed by the Warrior and Mage class. Another thing to check out, some people were complaining about the new mage fire elemental, they say its hitting for 3k.

PTS was fun and balanced. Trion, want to destroy PvP in Rift? You are on a great route for that.
    As far as the piercing thrust goes, there is a thread that covered that already. WL can only do that kind of damage once in a blue moon with cooldowns. It can't happen again immediately and you have to work up to it.

As far as mages go, well, they have sucked so long maybe its good they are hitting like a truck.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    As far as the piercing thrust goes, there is a thread that covered that already. WL can only do that kind of damage once in a blue moon with cooldowns. It can't happen again immediately and you have to work up to it.
    It doesn't matter. Burst is king in PVP and Everything is a Weapon is too powerful for PVP at the moment.

That said, there is nothing wrong with the valor retuning.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    It doesn't matter. Burst is king in PVP and Everything is a Weapon is too powerful for PVP at the moment.

That said, there is nothing wrong with the valor retuning.
    WL/VK hitting people for HUGE amounts with discharge and such. try it out
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post

I been noticing this all morning. I been getting absolutely destroyed by the Warrior and Mage class. Another thing to check out, some people were complaining about the new mage fire elemental, they say its hitting for 3k.

I'm enjoying it, and most of the people I know are enjoying it too. It's still early, but I wouldn't consider it the path to destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    WL/VK hitting people for HUGE amounts with discharge and such. try it out
    Of course it does, it's got 2 things it's scaling with: AP, which I can send through the roof with Everything is a Weapon, and Pacts, which just come naturally from taking damage and affect the damge of Discharge multiplicatively.

I'd be more surprised if Discharge was hitting that hard under non 5k AP conditions.

And it sucks, because they are going to nerf the ever living **** out of Everything is a Weapon, and no one will bother going deep into it for PVP or PVE when it's already an underperforming spec in the latter.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    I'm enjoying it, and most of the people I know are enjoying it too. It's still early, but I wouldn't consider it the path to destruction.
    Are you a warrior? LoL...glad I have one of each class at r50...time to break out the warrior... felt that was coming anyway...soon to have ranged abilities, too...yum, yum...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Of course it does, it's got 2 things it's scaling with: AP, which I can send through the roof with Everything is a Weapon, and Pacts, which just come naturally from taking damage and affect the damge of Discharge multiplicatively.

I'd be more surprised if Discharge was hitting that hard under non 5k AP conditions.

And it sucks, because they are going to nerf the ever living **** out of Everything is a Weapon, and no one will bother going deep into it for PVP or PVE when it's already an underperforming spec in the latter.
    I hope its not nerfed into the ground but made viable because playing 51 para in WF's is something I am not a fan of at all.

is it overpowered hell yeah it is with a SnB im pushing 6.1k AP in pvp gear + pacts. I am going to hope and pray that its balanced and not nerfed to a pointless talent.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Are you a warrior? LoL...glad I have one of each class at r50...time to break out the warrior... felt that was coming anyway...soon to have ranged abilities, too...yum, yum...
    LOL yes I'm a warrior. But I've talked to rogues (MM's & bards) and mages that are very happy. The ones that seem really unhappy are melee rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    LOL yes I'm a warrior. But I've talked to rogues (MM's & bards) and mages that are very happy. The ones that seem really unhappy are melee rogues.
    I'm quite happy with my rogue and my cleric, my guild mate has a low ranked mage and he is quite happy with that as well.

I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. If anything, rogues--MM at least--are overpowered. I was tearing people up all day yesterday, the biggest outlier in class balance right now is Purifier.
    Last edited by Zaros; 10-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. If anything, rogues--MM at least--are overpowered. I was tearing people up all day yesterday, the biggest outlier in class balance right now is Purifier.
    Then post your spec and gear, because I'd love to know what you're doing. You keep saying MM has OP damage output, but I'm not feeling it. I mean it's okay, but I wouldn't call it OP. unless you're running some Mixed PvE gear with some PvE synergy crystal. Then it might be. I dunno, I'm running full R50 PvP gear.

Ascendant

played like 10wf with a slighty modified nb/rs spec and it was quite fine i must say. topped killing blows in any warfront besides one and won all of those besides the one (where all 4 clerics decided not to heal so i stopped playing ^^).

ttk was quite on the spot, you HAD to focus at least with 2 people to kill (which is fine imho) and energy management was despite my fears really fun to play. And i was able to manage my burst damage really really fine and thus get so many killing blows.

on the right way trion i guess.

btw: i LOVE the new GUI with showing the shields on the life bar!
    Last edited by Antigonos; 10-19-2012 at 11:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast