+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PvP Changes..... Possibly change it back? Just a little?

Rift Disciple

Default PvP Changes..... Possibly change it back? Just a little?

IMO the changes are normalization without calling it that. Fireballs hit for 700 and Cinderburst for 1.1k! Not to mention that is healed through by 1 HoT's tick.

I went from shooting insane fire damage to passing out rainbows and butterflies. Its like PvPing with Q-tips and cotton balls. I have swapped to many specs and you just end up as "average" like the rest of the WF.

The only gap that has been closed is skill. Now less skilled PvPers can survive longer. I have two R50s, and two R20s. The only fun atm is annoying people as a cleric. I can heal through 10 people beating on me while I help my 10 year old with her homework. Speaking of which is more of a challenge then PvP atm

I'm glad I PvE just as much, and where PvP is lacking PvE is totally making up for it.
    Last edited by Alanox; 10-19-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    IMO the changes are normalization without calling it that. Fireballs hit for 700 and Cinderburst for 1.1k! Not to mention that is healed through by 1 HoT's tick.

I went from shooting insane fire damage to passing out rainbows and butterflies. Its like PvPing with Q-tips and cotton balls. I have swapped to many specs and you just end up as "average" like the rest of the WF.

The only gap that has been closed is skill. Now less skilled PvPers can survive longer. I have two R50s, and two R20s. The only fun atm is annoying people as a cleric. I can heal through 10 people beating on me while I help my 10 year old with her homework. Speaking of which is more of a challenge then PvP atm

I'm glad I PvE just as much, and where PvP is lacking PvE is totally making up for it.
    Not really helpful but when you said PvPing with Q-Tips and cotton balls it made me think of American Gladiators.

Let us beat each other with giant Q-Tips!!

sorry to derail back to regularly scheduled thread.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    Not really helpful but when you said PvPing with Q-Tips and cotton balls it made me think of American Gladiators.

Let us beat each other with giant Q-Tips!!

sorry to derail back to regularly scheduled thread.
    Spell mitigation is still way to high. I can hit harder with my warrior then I can crit with my mage. Now I'm not saying melee needs a nerf. I just think resist needs to be taken down about 33% to possibly 50% when entering a WF.

lol yeah I actually remember watching American Gladiators as a kid. It reminded me of WWF with huge Q-tips!

Shield of Telara

Spell mitigation is still way to high. I can hit harder with my warrior then I can crit with my mage. Now I'm not saying melee needs a nerf. I just think resist needs to be taken down about 33% to possibly 50% when entering a WF.

lol yeah I actually remember watching American Gladiators as a kid. It reminded me of WWF with huge Q-tips!
    Nerfing resists by 33% - 50% seems extreme. That is the kind of radical adjustment Trion has made in the past - I'm hoping they take a more incremental approach to these things in the future. And why only resists? Why not physical mitigation as well?

RIFT Guide Writer

Physical damage is way to high atm in PvP. I been hit consistently by warriors for 2k+ non-crit on their finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Physical damage is way to high atm in PvP. I been hit consistently by warriors for 2k+ non-crit on their finishers.
    What? Warriors are still broken...I don't believe it....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Yeah I personally don't think that melee of any kind needs nerfed. I just think the spell mitigation is way to high. And I would be perfectly fine with slow increments in changes. As long as the problem is acknowledge.
    Last edited by Alanox; 10-19-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

I have noticed that its not just the finishers hitting for 2k non crit. Most warriors are using tanking souls and their reactive abilities to dodge/parry/block are hitting for 3k non crit also. But I am fine with this damage, I think it is where it should be. I just don't think casters are hitting for what they should be.

What fulminate crits for 23k in Infernal Dawn, and only crits for 2.5k in PvP that is a pretty good indication that mitigation towards casters is out of whack.

Ascendant

Yes, physical damage now has the same mitigation as non-physcal instead of being double mitigated . . . so it's finally useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Warriors under-powered since forever!

"I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

Ascendant

GUYS! let this play out till storm legion and people coming to 60 and PLEASE let people adapt to the changes before crying for another balancing round already!

please!
    Last edited by Antigonos; 10-19-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Transclarity View Post
    Warriors under-powered since forever!
    Warriors need to form a union and fight for our rights!!

Shadowlander

As a cleric healer that was nerfed into the friggin ground almost a year ago that has only just now had Trion's jackbooted foot lifted from my neck I have but one thing to say... *clears throat*

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ENJOY IT SUCKERS!! /shield

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Andervin View Post
    As a cleric healer that was nerfed into the friggin ground almost a year ago that has only just now had Trion's jackbooted foot lifted from my neck I have but one thing to say... *clears throat*

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ENJOY IT SUCKERS!! /shield
    You mustn't be very good. I know plenty of good clerics who considered themselves even overpowered pre-1.11.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

There were some really well played clerics in my cluster prior to 1.11. Most clerics dropped to my 51NB while a handful could take the spec with all CD's running and not spike much lower than 50%.

and @ antigo: that was my main issue with pushing this state of game prior to SL. Sure we can iron out some blunt quirks with mechanics and abilities. But fine tuning and calling vs calling in regards to the big picture, this is pointless. When we all get 61pt access and a new soul to mix things with, even this little 20 day window is going to be moot and of the past. I guess this is a good way to really stress test the new abilities 50's can at least reach and new some schemes. But the balancing act and "whos too OP" games will begin again when we upgrade more abilities, gain new ones, use entirely new potential specs, and even how all our souls/callings scale with new level 60 gear upgrades. All of that is going to render this time useless excluding bluntly incorrect working abilities.

I'm sort of surprised there isn't a buff bot/gear vendor on beta/PTS that buffs to level 60 and gives top pvp gear. Using level 60 specs with top end PvP gear would give a much more clear image of where things will stand. I don't know what to suggest they address, I don't feel like I have a good perspective not being able to spec to 61pts. Those top end specs could be game changing and make me think souls that needed adjustments just needed 10 levels to be complete.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast