+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Aeonblade
  • 1 Post By Carabas
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 1 Post By Aeonblade
  • 1 Post By Lords0fpain

Thread: So I went and did some RvR the other day...

Default So I went and did some RvR the other day...

And after all this time, even down to 1 server, DAoC RvR was STILL better than the PvP in any other modern MMO.

I got 14 free days to come back to camelot, and I have to say, I had a blast defending a relic keep with my minstrel Monday night.

Basically my point is, while some people don't care for keep style warfare, is there any chance we could something like this in the future for PvP? I don't really care for the conquest extractor nonsense, I want a tangible asset, like a keep, tower, relic, SOMETHING.

Not just conquest which I queue for just so my bar doesn't go down for a measly 3% AP.

I feel like something like this could work great in Rift, but really what does everyone else think? Sorry if there are any other keep warfare threads out there, couldn't find them if so.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

personally i would love for as many styles of PvP to be available as possible.

I think that having to defend or attack a keep of some kind would be fantastic. If they'd have added this into conquest, I think it would be much more enjoyable. Wintergrasp was one of my favourite things about WoW and I would love to see a similar pvp zone or warfront added.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think that having to defend or attack a keep of some kind would be fantastic. If they'd have added this into conquest, I think it would be much more enjoyable. Wintergrasp was one of my favourite things about WoW and I would love to see a similar pvp zone or warfront added.
    Wintergrasp WAS a lot of fun, probably some of the only really enjoyable PvP I had in WoW. I just feel like something like this could easily fit into rift's PvP system/lore.

Heck make it in another dimension if you have to.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    I want a tangible asset, like a keep, tower, relic, SOMETHING.
    Give me this and a Darkness Falls type dungeon and I would be happy!
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Give me this and a Darkness Falls type dungeon and I would be happy!
    Yes please. Non instanced PvP dungeon with special bosses? I'm in!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Yes please. Non instanced PvP dungeon with special bosses? I'm in!
    Non instanced dungeons and housing with vendors are two of the things I miss the most from past games.

Maybe one day!
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

Not just conquest which I queue for just so my bar doesn't go down for a measly 3% AP.
    6%. It stacks. Since it's PVP it's one of the best buffs in the game you can get and it takes little to no skill, just the ability to hit queue over and over like everything PVP in this game.
    Last edited by Sariina; 10-19-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    6%. It stacks.
    Cool, I didn't know this. Still doesn't justify the state of conquest in my opinion, but it does make me feel slightly better about it!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Wintergrasp WAS a lot of fun, probably some of the only really enjoyable PvP I had in WoW. I just feel like something like this could easily fit into rift's PvP system/lore.

Heck make it in another dimension if you have to.
    AV was fun, too. It had the "mid", choke points, and you destroyed objectives (instead of capping them over and over).

+ Reply to Thread