+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Puri shields

Telaran

Default Puri shields

I am not sure if they are intended to be this high but i seen shields for 8k . It was literally impossible to kill the people that had them applied to them .

Wild guess - tidal surge and symbol of the sun. That should make for a hefty shield. Keep purging.
    Or maybe flashover and symbol of the sun, although I'm not sure if shields can crit.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 10-18-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Wild guess - tidal surge and symbol of the sun. That should make for a hefty shield. Keep purging.
    Or maybe flashover and symbol of the sun, although I'm not sure if shields can crit.
    Shields can crit and stack. (Pure shields + sheild on proc heals)
    Last edited by ninefourtyfour; 10-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    Even then, after the inital nerf, it would take tidal surge to get sun to have that high a shielding in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    Not all the shields stack. Symbol of sun, torch, and I think the two group shields will proc burnout and overwrite each other when burnout expires. Caregiver's blessing and the individual ward shields appear to only overwrite the same of its kind.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Not all the shields stack. Symbol of sun, torch, and I think the two group shields will proc burnout and overwrite each other when burnout expires. Caregiver's blessing and the individual ward shields appear to only overwrite the same of its kind.
    Wards dont overwrite symbols, as far I remember from PTS, thats how I was getting easy 8k+ Absorb/Shields.
    Last edited by ninefourtyfour; 10-18-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

Telaran

Default Do you thing this is a good thing?

Yesterday was terrible because of how valor and resists were working. Damage output way too low and healing too high . Well just not sure this is a good thing , I mean a full valor player with a 8k shield and hots is going to be very hard to kill. I guess you can hope to have the same thing otherwise I do not see you downing them before they down you .

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

We've identified an issue with absorbs being pre cast in Warfronts and Conquest. This would account for the 5-8k critical absorbs that you are currently seeing after 1.11 launched. We're looking into solutions, and hope to have them live as soon as possible.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    We've identified an issue with absorbs being pre cast in Warfronts and Conquest. This would account for the 5-8k critical absorbs that you are currently seeing after 1.11 launched. We're looking into solutions, and hope to have them live as soon as possible.
    According to the hotfix, the absorbs were supposedly reduced as part of the blanket heal/absorb PvP reductions. However, when in a warfront (in and out of combat) my shields work just as fine as they do in PvE. I'm not saying the shields need to be completely sledgehammered, but it should probably receive the same reductions as the heals did, or something close to it. Then again, I like being able to use something else in a WF for once.
    Last edited by Adastra; 10-18-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    According to the hotfix, the absorbs were supposedly reduced as part of the blanket heal/absorb PvP reductions. However, when in a warfront (in and out of combat) my shields work just as fine as they do in PvE. I'm not saying the shields need to be completely sledgehammered, but it should probably receive the same reductions as the heals did, or something close to it. Then again, I like being able to use something else in a WF for once.
    I wouldn't mind shields getting a 40% nerf in pvp. Anymore then that i feel would be eh. But yeah shields are seriously way OP right now.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    They are intended to have the same reduction in PvP as healing. There are issues with how this is being applied to absorbs currently - which is what A was point about.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    not sure what you mean by "pre-cast" but if you mean before the wf starts,it happens all throughout the wf as well i can provide screenshot proof if need be.
    Last edited by Nethos; 10-19-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/8416/shieldkj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

such as this..honestly thats just silly.
    Last edited by Nethos; 10-19-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    not sure what you mean by "pre-cast" but if you mean before the wf starts,it happens all throughout the wf as well i can provide screenshot proof if need be.
    If i cast a shield while not in combat, i can get the full affect of that shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    http://imageshack.us/a/img29/8416/shieldkj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

such as this..honestly thats just silly.
    This is misleading.

I run warfronts with a PvE best-in-slot SP sigil. As well as min-maxed PvP Gear for SP which includes several mage pieces. That screenshot shows me with both a symbol of the sun PLUS rite of the forge, both of which may have been crits.

How to bring down me down as a purifier:
    • Purge all of my buffs. Caregivers Blessing is added 600-700 shielding per cast.
    • Keep an interrupt on me. If you let me cast ward of flame on myself, then you may as well stay in spawn.
    • Watch the Burnout debuff. When it comes off you better believe I'm going to recast a shield on myself. Time your longest CC when my Burnout is at 0-1 seconds.

If you have done all the above, you get about 15 seconds without me casting any shields at all on myself, which should be plenty of time for even a pug team to focus fire me down. Rite of the Forge is my major cooldown which provides me with near-immunity for 15 seconds. It's a 2 minute cooldown that I often use on other people, so I can't rely on that all the time.

If there are cross-heals then i'll admit there is not much that can be done. But any spec is invincible with several cross-healers in a warfront, it's not just puri.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast