+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Having fun

  1. #1
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default Having fun

    Just finished a few matches. So far so good. Healing seems right. MM DPS is improved (or live players are just undergeared compared to pts). Cabalist is a really cool soul now and fun to play. That's all I've been able to try so far. But thumbs up for Trion.

    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  2. #2
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  3. #3
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    lol i miss the old Stormcaller
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired


  4. #4
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    By the way, everytime I hear charges I think "Ah! Dakkota." lol

    I took a break from Sab b/c of buffed heals and I had fallen behind on gear - it didn't work out that well.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  5. #5
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    Sab seems to be pretty middling right now.

    Marksman damage is pretty redonk though, my Empowered crits for 2.5k pretty consistently. BD/NB/Sin seem to be pretty meh, Bard's a lot better.

    Empowered could use a %-damage reduction in PVP, but the biggest outlier in PVP right now is Purifier. That needs a nerf.
    ~Quiescent

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    MM still feels weak to me, can't put a finger on it. But it sure kites 100x better and more efficiently. Maybe I haven't tweaked my spec enough, didn't try overly hard. Will have to go on my crusade to make my MM do max damage for the next 20 days.

    MM overall is quite a pro PvP soul though. So is bard
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    MM still feels weak to me, can't put a finger on it. But it sure kites 100x better and more efficiently. Maybe I haven't tweaked my spec enough, didn't try overly hard. Will have to go on my crusade to make my MM do max damage for the next 20 days.

    MM overall is quite a pro PvP soul though. So is bard
    Nooo, you should be testing ranger!


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    You should test transferring servers and alts.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You should test transferring servers and alts.
    No, because you want to kill me, and that makes me and Goober sad.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  10. #10
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    No, because you want to kill me, and that makes me and Goober sad.
    I want to send you group invites Ms. Rouge Master Bronie General.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  11. #11
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I want to send you group invites Ms. Rouge Master Bronie General.
    Lawl, you'd one shot my rouge.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  12. #12
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    So no one else is really happy with this? Or it's just purifier shields are ruining it?

    I see many great improvements.
    * pvp gear is king in pvp
    * AP and SP are equally useful
    * AP and SP consumables are equal
    * HIT on pvp gear
    * CC is fixed
    * resists and armor are equally useful
    * everyone has or will have access to the longest range
    * RNG dependence is gone
    * Fewer macros! (okay, fine. I don't like dusk strike mechanics, but I can learn)
    * Long list of soul improvements I won't get into...

    It's all pretty monumental and I'm surprised more aren't offering Trion some well earned praise.
    I suppose I should even resub now. (when the expansion is released.)
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I guess dust just has not settled yet. The roles have sure changed up and some are quite capable of new things or begging to be played in a different manner. It's funny, by pure habit I keep *wanting* to stand still on my MM. Still sometimes forcing myself to not stay still if I don't have to. And I didn't realize how much power has shifted elsewhere. Bards can put in work if you make the effort. Sure nothing you could macro to do well with...might start really loving bard
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #14
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    I'm happy. Goober tanks LIKE A BOSS now. /does a happy dance!


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Just finished a few matches. So far so good. Healing seems right. MM DPS is improved (or live players are just undergeared compared to pts). Cabalist is a really cool soul now and fun to play. That's all I've been able to try so far. But thumbs up for Trion.

    Interesting Perspective. I've found quite the opposite about Clerics. Only Warden is worth anything.
    How does your Cabalist compare to the Warriors? It doesn't.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts