+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Having fun

Default Having fun

Just finished a few matches. So far so good. Healing seems right. MM DPS is improved (or live players are just undergeared compared to pts). Cabalist is a really cool soul now and fun to play. That's all I've been able to try so far. But thumbs up for Trion.

@Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I must say at least I won't be refusing to log today. Yesterday was utterly un-fun. Now at least matches can sort of carry on. But per word of Daglar they were purposely not pushing it as far as even they thought it should be pushed. That is safest approach and they are probably right in that premise. I fully expect more tweaks to go through as far as reducing mitigation and/or increasing damage because people are still a tad too beefy. I also think with the potency of healing, I hope they look into how much aoe damage was reduced. Equally skilled/geared aoe'ers against healers was fine before the patch. But now even sometimes my sabs damage feels really low, even with the soul handing out flat % boosts all over. Couple that with no longer being able to use elemental damage aoe charges - sab aoe damage feels far more steady I guess, but it also feels less effective. I don't know if other aoe oriented roles are feeling the same. The only issue with aoe damage before was that one high ranked aoe'er could decimate a handful of low ranks in no time flat. But that isn't a premise damage should be adjusted for around.
    lol i miss the old Stormcaller
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

By the way, everytime I hear charges I think "Ah! Dakkota." lol

I took a break from Sab b/c of buffed heals and I had fallen behind on gear - it didn't work out that well.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

Sab seems to be pretty middling right now.

Marksman damage is pretty redonk though, my Empowered crits for 2.5k pretty consistently. BD/NB/Sin seem to be pretty meh, Bard's a lot better.

Empowered could use a %-damage reduction in PVP, but the biggest outlier in PVP right now is Purifier. That needs a nerf.
    ~Quiescent

MM still feels weak to me, can't put a finger on it. But it sure kites 100x better and more efficiently. Maybe I haven't tweaked my spec enough, didn't try overly hard. Will have to go on my crusade to make my MM do max damage for the next 20 days.

MM overall is quite a pro PvP soul though. So is bard
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

MM still feels weak to me, can't put a finger on it. But it sure kites 100x better and more efficiently. Maybe I haven't tweaked my spec enough, didn't try overly hard. Will have to go on my crusade to make my MM do max damage for the next 20 days.

MM overall is quite a pro PvP soul though. So is bard
    Nooo, you should be testing ranger!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

You should test transferring servers and alts.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You should test transferring servers and alts.
    No, because you want to kill me, and that makes me and Goober sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    No, because you want to kill me, and that makes me and Goober sad.
    I want to send you group invites Ms. Rouge Master Bronie General.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I want to send you group invites Ms. Rouge Master Bronie General.
    Lawl, you'd one shot my rouge.

So no one else is really happy with this? Or it's just purifier shields are ruining it?

I see many great improvements.
    * pvp gear is king in pvp
    * AP and SP are equally useful
    * AP and SP consumables are equal
    * HIT on pvp gear
    * CC is fixed
    * resists and armor are equally useful
    * everyone has or will have access to the longest range
    * RNG dependence is gone
    * Fewer macros! (okay, fine. I don't like dusk strike mechanics, but I can learn)
    * Long list of soul improvements I won't get into...

It's all pretty monumental and I'm surprised more aren't offering Trion some well earned praise.
    I suppose I should even resub now. (when the expansion is released.)
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

I guess dust just has not settled yet. The roles have sure changed up and some are quite capable of new things or begging to be played in a different manner. It's funny, by pure habit I keep *wanting* to stand still on my MM. Still sometimes forcing myself to not stay still if I don't have to. And I didn't realize how much power has shifted elsewhere. Bards can put in work if you make the effort. Sure nothing you could macro to do well with...might start really loving bard
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm happy. Goober tanks LIKE A BOSS now. /does a happy dance!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Just finished a few matches. So far so good. Healing seems right. MM DPS is improved (or live players are just undergeared compared to pts). Cabalist is a really cool soul now and fun to play. That's all I've been able to try so far. But thumbs up for Trion.

Interesting Perspective. I've found quite the opposite about Clerics. Only Warden is worth anything.
    How does your Cabalist compare to the Warriors? It doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast