+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PvP footage, saboteur action : this is why 10-19s is the best pvp bracket.

Soulwalker

Default PvP footage, saboteur action : this is why 10-19s is the best pvp bracket.

This is precisely WHY lower brackets are much more fun to me than 40-49 and 50s. You are way less reliant on gear, got less different skills, which implies that anyone knowing the different classes, and how they're supposed to be played, and able to come up with an effective lower level build, not gimped versions of some 50 cookie cutter spec, will be dominating the entire warfront in the 10-19s to 30-39s bracket if ther mechanics are somewhat good enough (knowing who to target, some basic placement manoeuvres, as few macros as possible, effective keybinding and mouse turning usage).
    Plus, in the 40-49s, players experience some of the most outraging imbalances in the game (Rift Storm on valor less lowbies is pretty ****ing good). Plus, with the 47-49 planar gear, effective grinders are just untouchable by fresh 40s or just players wearing crafted/basic blues.
    Here is a footage of me rolling my lvl 16 Rift LITE (that I had to upgrade to a 1 month sub just to show off in the forum... :3) saboteur in Black Garden. I did "pretty ok", even if I did a few minor mistakes that resulted in me dying...

There is the video, and a few explanations afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_g8CNXW-FM

Ok, so let's see now what did I do wrong in this game.

--> First death :
    Just before killing the paladin/reaver, I set up a dot trap. Given my caltrop charges were fading out and I was setting up explosive charges, a rooting trap would've made more sense. The root wouldn't have been broken if the warrior had tried to come in melee range given no damage taken, so it would've made sense. But anyway, the warrior died and the ranger came chasing me while I was already pretty injured. I may have been able to try and kill him really quickly but decided to run away. I noticed he stepped on the dot trap after I snared him with the sticking bomb, so if it had been a rooting trap, I'd have been fine. Finally, instead of trying to somehow come back to middle using my teleport in a kinda bad way, I should've continued running towards my spawn, using walls, trees and hills to los. I guess I'm too much used to being able to dodge roll, or heal myself, and forgot how deadly it is in Rift to expose yourself just a tiny bit too much, by running in open spaces.

--> Second death :
    Simply put together, engaging this ranger at half health instead of running up the hill and bomb the team from above their own cliff and then run away behind the big tree if the ranger kept chasing me was plain stupid of me.

--> Third death :
    I just got my mind blown by how poorly the inqui chasing me was playing (I saw him hardcasting bolt of depravity several in the match, and even the way he was moving seemed like he was either a new player or someone that pvp isn't really designed for. I was just running around, when the rogue popped out of stealth and killed me. Good thing though, I could cripple him right before going down, preventing him from stealthing for a considerable amount of time.

Also, I raged at the cleric in our team pretty damn hard. First of all, the guy was dps. Plus, he used excommunicate on the inqui that was nearly dead (which doesn't make any sense by itself) while I had already 3 charges on him and just had to detonate. He got kicked behind the tree and los-ed me. He had the time to heal a tiny bit and by the time I got around the damn tree, the rogue was already attacking me from stealth. At the end of the day, the inqui barely died and got away with a handfull of hp left over, the dps cleric from our team died stupidly, while he was carrying the fang and so did I. Then the other team got the fang back and we lost the game 500 to 494. Pretty damn annoying !

Anyway ! I'll probably do more of those in the future, and maybe do some gw2 and Rift pvp commentaries if I have the time.
    That's it for now, if you have any commentary, suggestion of spec, or class, that I should try, or anything related to the video, or the analysis, let me know ! All the comments are appreciated !
    Last edited by KarsaiB; 10-17-2012 at 07:40 PM.

I hope you brought your flame suit with you...

ITT: We have a nub sab displaying PvP that doesn't even exist anymore due to the patch that was released today (the same day of the post). The post and description speak of commentary that does not exist (just some crappy music). And finally, congrats you killed other people that were probably severely under geared and had terrible pvp specs, you have no spells and abilities at 10-19 and neiter does anyone else. Come play with the big boys in the 50 bracket to learn what real PvP is (ib4 "real PvP in Rift, lololol")

ps check out my livestream at http://www.twitch.tv/tacowarior

pps don't forget to follow
    Last edited by Ashh; 10-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Nub ?
    Nice try. I've played sab r40+. Cancelled sub for college after having played the game since april 2011. Don't rely on post count !

Lolol, undergeared. We're all undergeared in this bracket. So no one is.
    I never I did a commentary in the video. What about READING my post ?
    U don't like music ? Fine. Hit the mute button.

Released the day of the patch ? Took me 8 hours to upload so ye, cool.

Anyway, on a more serious note, if you think Rift 50's pvp is the "real pvp", LOL ! It's just a grind game that rewards the hardest grinders. It sucks. If you think that because you don't have like 40 different skills at your disposal, you can't actually come up with a good spec, well... You'd better try gw2 ! All in all, I think you're just a hater that roams around, waiting to spill your hatred on anyyone that doesn't your flaming state of mind.
    Thanks for the stream btw, I'll take a look.
    Last edited by KarsaiB; 10-17-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Soulwalker

Sorry for double post, can't edit my previous one.

Just to show you that I've played the game long enough to know that what I said in my first post (that you'd better read once and for all before making assumptions) is true (unless hey, you're a pockethealed 38 rb). I was fresh r36 on this screenshot. Even had the r26 riffle still. This was taken during conquest farm fest times, 1.9, when sabs were already starting to not feel very fotm anymore... Notice the white tiger mount's icon in the upper right hand side.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...ps261f0139.jpg
    Last edited by KarsaiB; 10-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Iri
    Champion

How about: ITT, a pvp sab demonstrates how OP adhesive bomb is before everyone else gets their abilities that are designed to deal with adhesive bomb, thereby proving that balance at low levels is a myth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    How about: ITT, a pvp sab demonstrates how OP adhesive bomb is before everyone else gets their abilities that are designed to deal with adhesive bomb, thereby proving that balance at low levels is a myth.
    What about trying different specs instead of trying to roll a 38 rb wannabe ? Or a nasty nb rs ? Like, for a warrior, something like 11 champ 4 rb or smthing ? You get bullrush (that you shouldn't blow when engaging, btw) AND flamepear for a level 12 requirement ! Did you also know that Mark of Inevitabilty triggers fiery finishers ? And it's ranged ! How awesome ! For that poor rogue, what about nb if he really wants to roll a stealther ? Or he could've gone with mm, too... I'm trying to make constructive statements here. But I guess now we'll have to relearn the game with those new trees. Next time, mages will complain that adhesive bomb exists coz they can't derp as easily as harbingers. Seriously, a good cc, who would've thought !
    Anyway, you saying me making adhesive bomb look op is flattering, I guess...

It's just a video of someone having fun, why all the hate? It is what it is, low bracket pvp. I don't know, for the longest time in Eq2 people loved level locking for brackets, or even in the open world level locking since some zones were level restricted as far as how low of levels you could openly attack. I never got why but some do, not sure what this community has so against that style.

Good to see people post videos
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's just a video of someone having fun, why all the hate? It is what it is, low bracket pvp. I don't know, for the longest time in Eq2 people loved level locking for brackets, or even in the open world level locking since some zones were level restricted as far as how low of levels you could openly attack. I never got why but some do, not sure what this community has so against that style.

Good to see people post videos
    im just a hater

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    im just a hater
    Don't be mean please Ashh.

I agree with the OP. 10-19 wf's always floated my boat. Problem is people are too busy telling you it's not nice to kill people in warfronts under 50.
    That's where people learn to play. They should be using their time in warfronts to bond with each other, and compare greens.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Not going to rehash my argument about why low-level PvP isn't a bad thing or only undertaken by people with no skills. Will remind you that I have made that argument before.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Don't be mean please Ashh.

I agree with the OP. 10-19 wf's always floated my boat. Problem is people are too busy telling you it's not nice to kill people in warfronts under 50.
    That's where people learn to play. They should be using their time in warfronts to bond with each other, and compare greens.
    I'd argue that P1 to P40 is where you actually learn the "fine details of playing good" (either that or get stomped into oblivion and unsub)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    I'd argue that P1 to P40 is where you actually learn the "fine details of playing good" (either that or get stomped into oblivion and unsub)

I disagree with that. If you're a dedicated pvper, who levelled that way for the most part, you've experienced some outraging balance situations, that required you to find ways to deal with it. For instance, playing a mage in the 30-39 and 40-49 bracket is really hard unless you actually find ways to always keep your distances, or get away from an iffy situation. 50s pvp is really nothing but grind game, really. Given you're supposed to know your class when you reach 50, you'll completely decimate more average players, whose rank is somewhat close to yours. And on the other hand, you're really no threat to pXX players, so that there's no point in even attacking them coz no matter what you do, if they decide to take on you, you are gonna die. Unless they're a healer or a tank, and they simply ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by KarsaiB View Post
    Nub ?
    Anyway, on a more serious note, if you think Rift 50's pvp is the "real pvp", LOL ! It's just a grind game that rewards the hardest grinders.
    And those "grinders" don't pick up any skills during their months of grinding, never learn how to PvP because they are gear reliant. Never mind that they were not gearead for a significant portion of that grind, they don't learn while they are ungeared and fighting equally geared or better geared people right?

But in level 10-19 something amazing happens and its real PvP? You do realize that all you have to do in that bracket to win is find the highest DPS soul and then tab target your way in to your own private Idaho, where your the boss PvPer. Killing a bunch of level 10s who were planning on going to 50 and chose builds for end game and don't have any utility yet, like most people do, does not make you a superior PvPer nor does that make for superior PvP.

I wouldn't share my enthusiasm for that kind of PvP on PvP forums. The people here, who pvp against dozens upon dozens of potential builds, armor types, and skill sets will not take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by KarsaiB View Post
    It sucks. If you think that because you don't have like 40 different skills at your disposal, you can't actually come up with a good spec, well... You'd better try gw2 !
    Why dont you try it? You can jump right in and avoid those crappy "grinders".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Soulwalker

I myself have a rank 42 I think. Don't remember exactly. Take a look above, there's even a screenshot. Ye, it's a known fact, p50s know how to play well coz they're p50... LOL, Do you pvp ??
    I disagree with the "pick the highest dps soul and let's rock thing. For instance, wanting to roll an op warrior just before gw2's release, I created a low level rb reaver spec that litterally rocked, while para/XX is very common in lower level brackets, but sucks nonetheless. I learned a lot of cool tricks with this spec.

I don't give a crap about "being taken seriously" by a few butthurts roaming around btw. And oh, ye, I play gw2 a lot. But sometimes, I like to take a break from mesmers dominating everything.
    Last edited by KarsaiB; 10-18-2012 at 08:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast