+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Zarecia
  • 1 Post By Zarecia
  • 1 Post By Zarecia
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar

Thread: Best Patch.... EVAH

Default Best Patch.... EVAH

lots of crying going on from impatience people but uh.....

this is the best patch that ever happened to this game. class changes are awesome.

nice job trion!!

storm legion will be tons of fun both pve and pvp i'm sure!!

relax, its going to be ok!!

CLERIC R50 ROGUE R50 WARRIOR R50 MAGE R47

Plane Touched

I'm looking forward to checking it all out! Like starting over again.
    Lyrria - Deepwood
    <Godlike Awesomeness>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zarecia View Post

this is the best patch that ever happened to this game. class changes are awesome.

nice job trion!!

I really hope that's sarcasm.

The state of Clerics in PVP:
    Senticar is no longer viable in PVP. Justicar anything is no longer viable in PVP.
    What cleric DPS specs compete with Mages (or Warriors, or Rogues for that matter)?
    What are clerics left with?
    Warden with splash Sent or Puri.

My Point:
    The Soul Trees allowing for diverse roles and player styles was the best thing about Rift.
    For Clerics, that's all gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarecia View Post

nice job trion!!

the only people whining are the people who cant get a good spec so i agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Accendere View Post

Senticar is no longer viable in PVP. Justicar anything is no longer viable in PVP.
    What cleric DPS specs compete with Mages (or Warriors, or Rogues for that matter)?

My Point:
    The Soul Trees allowing for diverse roles and player styles was the best thing about Rift.
    Inquisitor has really nice DPS

My Point:
    the state of clerics in pvp is this:

a hell of a lot better than it was before.

yeah it may not be the best but i'm doing really good with my inquisitor right now. near the top with damage and killing blows and that's mostly single target. don't seem to be doing all that great as melee. but healing is way way way better and cooler than it was before.

see you at level 60
    Last edited by Zarecia; 10-20-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Soulwalker

My Point:

Dps in pvp, hurrrrr !
    If you wanna play a damage dealing class in pvp, it's all about burst, and bursting the right opponents. You have a lot of tools with inqui to do so, I believe. Like sanction heretic, instant bolt of depravity (if it's not gone with the patch, dunno), etc... Plus, now you have a new cab tree that deserves to be played with more imo. Experiment ! More pewpew !

naw thats the coolest thing about clerics. its still there its just more streamlined and up to date. looking forward to defiler being thrown into the mix.

Ascendant

i LOVE the new nightblade. The controll of burst and energy is outstanding now. Its so much fun to play now.

Same for bard, the flexible rotation, the comfort the decisions to be made during the rotation etc. finally you dont get bored to hell playing bard.

THANK YOU TRION.

At first i was suspicious about dusk strike mechanic, but actually it is really great. good job ailion!

people whining are 99% those with their copy and pasted spec and macro dullhitting their three keys ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 10-20-2012 at 04:45 PM.

seriously though.... balance will always be an issue. people expect balance on the first day of a major patch in preparation for an expansion. not gonna happen and yep impatient people cry on the forums about it. things are much more balanced than they were before that's for sure. 9 souls for each of the 4 classes = 36 souls to try and balance. sounds PRETTY EASY to me!! you want balance... go play wow... i heard they did some serious streamlining to their talent trees meaning.... you don't hardly get ANY choices for talents. other than that, get to level 60 and then cry about balance. the changes they made to all the classes....

BEST CHANGES EVAH

I love the changes too. The warrior tank souls are now packed with neat tricks that help with DPS. Champion is sick if there is a group of people. Paragon hits quite hard, and RB has a lot of utility. So many new combos... I'm loving it.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

The community must really think this is the best patch ever, it seems that people don't want to know that the patch still has it's problems.

Ignorance is bliss. I know there are a lot of people happy with the patch which is fine but there still is a lot of work to be done. I for one hold back my praise until storm legion hits gets feedback, is balanced and reviewed. Instead of impatiently acting on impulse knowing there is new upcoming content and praising it when unsure if it is all that great.

Just take note that the developers balance these patches based on feedback. The people you call "whiners" are the ones giving feedback on things that need fixing and balancing. You can say sit an wait.. but I ask wait for what? If everyone is sitting an waiting and putting this sense of trust into the devs. Where will the feedback be for them to mold and change things for the better?

Parade away if you like, I for one am sitting patiently so that I don't get disappointed the same changes have the people worshiping Trion now, whining and up in arms tomorrow.

~ no trolling see?
    Last edited by Delmlord; 10-20-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: dat spellcheck
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Some people will always complain, some complain when they think there's a reason for it, and some will dance with rainbows in the sunlight.

It sure is amusing when the three run into each other.

The patch is awesome. It's also broken as hell in terms of class balance. But as the Grinch once said, "That's what these tests are for!"

+ Reply to Thread