+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
Like Tree19Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Damage and Healing - 1.11 Launch Day

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default PvP Damage and Healing - 1.11 Launch Day

    You might have noticed that damage is quite low today and that healers seem unkillable. We've noticed the same thing too.

    After doing some digging it looks like it is the result of two independent bug fixes and adjustments going in at the same time after the PvP Playtest we had on PTS. We are looking to straighten it out as soon as we can.

    Sorry for the speed bump, please keep reporting other issues! 1.11 is huge!

    Daglar
    Lead Game Designer: Rift

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    But I wanna be invisible foreeeeeeeeever!

  3. #3
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    But I wanna be invisible foreeeeeeeeever!
    It would be too boring. All healers should work better under pressure of death!

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    The amount of damage reduction resist is providing on live is absolutely ridiculous. I have 474 resist and its providing 49.43 % reduction to all spell damage. This is ridiculous!

    When I was testing on PTS the 474 resist was providing 26.50 % reduction.

    I assume this is partly the reason.

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    The amount of damage reduction resist is providing on live is absolutely ridiculous. I have 474 resist and its providing 49.43 % reduction to all spell damage. This is ridiculous!

    When I was testing on PTS the 474 resist was providing 26.50 % reduction.

    I assume this is partly the reason.
    Yep. The resistance fix was not on PTS when we did the pts testing that is most certainly part of the reason.

    ~Daglar

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    At least people who use non-physical damage get to feel for a few minutes what it's like to use physical damage.

  7. #7
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    But I wanna be invisible foreeeeeeeeever!
    Invisible? I'm sure that there are plenty of folks that would like nothing more than to make healers disappear forever. At least the ones on the other team.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Transclarity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Phew. Even though I'm one of those annoying clerics healing right now, it's so boring.

    "I just want to talk!"
    (PvP cleric Sentinel / Defiler)
    >youtube.com/user/LtStaryuck
    >PvP Alliance FB
    \_(ツ)_/

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Yep. The resistance fix was not on PTS when we did the pts testing that is most certainly part of the reason.

    ~Daglar
    Mind filing me in on what is the other part?

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Leif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    The amount of damage reduction resist is providing on live is absolutely ridiculous. I have 474 resist and its providing 49.43 % reduction to all spell damage. This is ridiculous!

    When I was testing on PTS the 474 resist was providing 26.50 % reduction.

    I assume this is partly the reason.
    Whaaaat.

    Is this meant to equalize phys vs ele reduction for PVP?

    If so, it's time for Valor damage reduction % to get the mightiest of nerf bats.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-17-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    It would be too boring. All healers should work better under pressure of death!
    Nah, it's fun trolling and never dying... which is kind of what I did all the time before 1.11 anyway.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    The speed of your response is great as usual. Looking forward to a PvP system where non physical and physical are both viable!
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  13. #13
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Nah, it's fun trolling and never dying... which is kind of what I did all the time before 1.11 anyway.
    Oh i feel you but i have to say, getting that rush when you are at 10% with warriors bushing your brains in and they are unable to get you down feels good. Really good.

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Whaaaat.

    Is this meant to equalize phys vs ele reduction for PVP?

    If so, it's time for Valor damage reduction % to get the mightiest of nerf bats.
    I agree. Still curious how this is going to change PvP, I can guess... I'm still annoyed that this is not what I tested on the PTS. Why did we test and not have the most important changes there to test...
    Last edited by ChrisN; 10-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I agree. Still curious how this is going to change PvP, I can guess... I'm still annoyed that this is not what I tested on the PTS. Why did we test and not have the most important changes there to test...
    They did test . . . and after 19 months of complaining they finally realized that physical damage was garbage.
    Last edited by Sariina; 10-17-2012 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts