+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1.11 soon.

Default 1.11 soon.

So rumor has it that 1.11 is coming this Wednesday along with all the new spec changes. Are you excited about the changes? Worried? What are your thoughts on your class in pvp after 1.11 soul tree updates?

I know for myself from what i have seen on Beta/PTS it will force me to play a different style then before. I have been a 38/28 warden for a while which plays very reactionary and fast pace. New warden/sent spec is going to be interesting to play with because with no Dipity healers will have to hard-cast their spells. I heard and saw good things to warden think it might be the new OP healing spec in PvP. I will miss the old 38/28 though .

I'm sure PvP is going to be interesting to play 1.11 and a lot more weird. Who knows till it goes live!

It will be exciting. Guess I should look on PTS and see if I'd actually change any of my specs at 50 level.

I know I changed the spec on my MM.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-15-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It will be exciting. Guess I should look on PTS and see if I'd actually change any of my specs at 50 level.
    From what i saw it looks like everyone will have to tweak all their spec to some degree (from what i seen). Definitely recommend going to at least look at the notes and playing with the specs before they go live. I don't know what i would have done if i didn't test out specs on beta. Very different abilities i have to work with now.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    New warden/sent spec is going to be interesting to play with because with no Dipity healers will have to hard-cast their spells.
    I at this.
    Last edited by SoKoQQ; 10-15-2012 at 09:18 AM.

If nothing has changed from last I saw, some of the rogue souls basically can spec into raid synergy crystal effects.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by SoKoQQ View Post
    I at this.
    What? O_o. It's true. Warden/Sent is going to be very different to play. With new valor/dmg changes it shouldn't be bad at all though. =)

What? O_o. It's true. Warden/Sent is going to be very different to play. With new valor/dmg changes it shouldn't be bad at all though. =)

Your so Cute Loverh when your so excited.

And I was confused for a bit here, I went absent minded, of course all specs would change >.>

Better figure them out I guess so I can play the first hour after it comes out xD
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You'll want to go 51 puri.
    Everyone eats a 40% healing debuff in PvP so I was just tearing through healers very easily outside of Puri.
    Two warriors named Leoenigma and Certh were just tearing it up with SnB specs.

Quote Originally Posted by SoKoQQ View Post
    Your so Cute Loverh when your so excited.
    YES I AM . 38/28 was too easy. I want to theory craft again and possibility put more effort in pvp healing <3. Cuz we all know 38/28 ward/sent was easymode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    You'll want to go 51 puri.
    Everyone eats a 40% healing debuff in PvP so I was just tearing through healers very easily outside of Puri.
    Two warriors named Leoenigma and Certh were just tearing it up with SnB specs.
    From what i heard tonight is going to be PvP dmg/healing testing on PTS. Totally going to hit that up. I looked into Puri specs when testing out on beta. It was hard to really 'test' anything because of how broken valor was on beta. Couldn't get into warfronts on PTS yet hoping to test out my specs tonight :3

Plane Touched

I think it's going to be a demoralizing experience for PvPers. A niche will love it but the majority will be turned off once the newness wears thin. This mostly coming from the OPness of some specs, coupled with the extreme unplayability of others, in a pvp context. All this should be addressed in upcoming patches but atm nothing is balanced in relation to other classes... also by the time its addressed I dont think many people will be giving much of a #$%^ about Rift or its pvp; with the exception of that same niche group I referred to earlier.

Healing debuffs being rolled back as far as they have makes it EASY for anyone to heal. The OP dps specs will seem like a necessity to deal with it which will further cause more balance issues.

Also say goodbye to mobility of any type w/ snares coming off the DR. Hopefully your class has a way to remove/avoid the effect on command, repeatedly, otherwise you're going to be permakited while the zerg comes over to take you out at their leisure.

It's like some classes were balanced around 5v5's only (clerics), others for 1v1 only (mages) and some for everything all rambo style (warriors/rogues). It wont mix well imo.
    Imasu@randomshard

Nerf cleric's trion. Thank you <3

Edit: Take Healer's Cov, Cleanse, Break free, and even our absorb away..

We need more DPS Cleric's Please.
    Last edited by SoKoQQ; 10-15-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Plane Touched

YES I AM . 38/28 was too easy. I want to theory craft again and possibility put more effort in pvp healing <3. Cuz we all know 38/28 ward/sent was easymode.
    Somehow people still sucked at it.

I will probably try it out tonight on PTS. Looks like Sent/Ward will still be a strong combo, just for different reasons. Liberty of Thought and Urgency will be must haves I feel, and some of the Sentinel CDs seem too nice to pass up. How good Warden is depends on how bad AoE healing is nerfed...I haven't had a chance to do any PvP on the PTS so I have no idea how bad or good it is. Puri seems iffy to me with burnout.

Sad that I won't be able to heal on autopilot anymore, but excited that I'll actually have to think about what I am doing from now on.

Plane Touched

The one thing that made a healer any good in pvp is their ability to actually heal. Meaning, if you're highly CCable then you have a useless spec. 38/28 was nice for the passive cleanse you can pop on yourself along with passive heals that are still rolling while you are dealing with the CC's + overflow giving everyone a small buffer on engagement. Everything else was done better by other specs (spike healing mainly because thats the killer in pvp, and mitigation stacking) but those specs couldnt accomplish their roles because they were so easily CCed.

I dont think this is going to change much. In fact I think the CC issue is going to be amplified to the point that it will become obvious to most everyone finally.
    Imasu@randomshard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast