+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Remove AFKs from Conquest

Shadowlander

Default Remove AFKs from Conquest

Perhaps the devs could possibly implement an option to report AFKs in conquest so that active players waiting in Que can get in instead of having 20+ AFKers inside Conquest doing nothing but wait for the last phase to get free marks.

These AFKers basically just stand at spawn point and chat/turn camera etc. ( to avoid the 2 min afk kick system) and do nothing until the Foci spawns and currently there i no way to kick or report them to remove them from Conquest so that others may participate in the current conquest.

Sure buying items, crafting etc is fine but buying an item for 10+ mins? or standing 20m away from the crafting table for the entire conquest? I highly doubt they were doing either.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkOmega View Post
    Perhaps the devs could possibly implement an option to report AFKs in conquest so that active players waiting in Que can get in instead of having 20+ AFKers inside Conquest doing nothing but wait for the last phase to get free marks.

These AFKers basically just stand at spawn point and chat/turn camera etc. ( to avoid the 2 min afk kick system) and do nothing until the Foci spawns and currently there i no way to kick or report them to remove them from Conquest so that others may participate in the current conquest.

Sure buying items, crafting etc is fine but buying an item for 10+ mins? or standing 20m away from the crafting table for the entire conquest? I highly doubt they were doing either.
    Something does need to be done about people AFKing in conquest. That said I don't think giving players the power to kick people out is the answer. As it showed with WoW that leaves WAY too much room for griefing people just because some turd can.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Shadowlander

yes i agree giving players the power to kick anyone they want is too much. But there has to be a system that perhaps the devs could think of that could help solve the AFK problem.

Perhaps if an entire raid ( not 1 person reporting 20 times) were to report the same person they would then leave party/conquest. Which makes room for the next in que to join.

It's funny, somehow the community in my quake games were able to *generally* handle themselves with a kick option (although server admins kind of hindered this too ), yet you bring up having a vote kick in something like WoW/Rift and people go "ohh no no this could never be handled here". People wonder why these crowds get viewed as so immature. Yes, the exact solution to this is the function of a vote kick, f1 or f2. We are not dealing with mature enough player bases anymore to have nice features.

Like this community could handle vote kicks and team locks Would sure be valuable tools for quality measures in pvp - CQ/WF's alike. The WF kick option is kinda fake. It's like the PB vote kick, I think it is just is there to make people feel better for clicking 'report afk' than it actually does anything, ever.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's funny, somehow the community in my quake games were able to *generally* handle themselves with a kick option (although server admins kind of hindered this too ), yet you bring up having a vote kick in something like WoW/Rift and people go "ohh no no this could never be handled here". People wonder why these crowds get viewed as so immature. Yes, the exact solution to this is the function of a vote kick, f1 or f2. We are not dealing with mature enough player bases anymore to have nice features.

Like this community could handle vote kicks and team locks Would sure be valuable tools for quality measures in pvp - CQ/WF's alike. The WF kick option is kinda fake. It's like the PB vote kick, I think it is just is there to make people feel better for clicking 'report afk' than it actually does anything, ever.
    One might say if MMO communities could handle a vote kick feature, you would have entered the Twilight Zone.

Sorry I couldn't resist, been seeing your avatar all day.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Shadowlander

The vote kick option was in conquest in 1.9 though it did NOT kick people out of conquest, it did kick them from the raid. And most often then not there would be someone doing a random vote kick every 30 secs. Which became annoying and rather immature.

Perhaps if there was more incentive to play the game, less people would afk. It would not resolve the issue entirely but it would go a lot further than a kick option. With such a large reward coming at the end for doing nothing it is not surprising that there are a lot of afk's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Perhaps if there was more incentive to play the game, less people would afk. It would not resolve the issue entirely but it would go a lot further than a kick option. With such a large reward coming at the end for doing nothing it is not surprising that there are a lot of afk's.
    No no no, don't start. When I don't wanne play CQ I simply don't join. When I don't Wanna raid, I simply don't sing up in my guild site. I won't join CQ to screw up for the others just like I won't join a raid just to ruin my guildies' day. Stop being so selfish.

I think the worst is when you have a party+ in a single raid that are AFK at the base with one person holding the stone. It's irritating that you can't really vote to kick because either their entire party disagrees or the vote kick just times out. I usually just leave the raid when I see this and hope there's another one with a spot open otherwise I'll just run through solo following other raids around.

I think that a votekick shouldn't allow them to stay in Conquest at all. Debuff for AFKing should happen in Conquest.

Running into a wall or jumping every few seconds by botting shouldn't be allowed in CQ if it isn't in standard WFs.
    Last edited by Riane; 10-12-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Shadowlander

There is the auto run function which they use to run into a wall which also removes the afk timer. It is part of the system so its not a bot.

Right now 10+ AFK in a raid is very game changing in conquest. Zerg vs Zerg has started to happen and with 10+ AFK thats 10 people that would be healing/DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

It's been already proven people can't handle a vote kick ability in conquest/warfronts/IAs/any automatically formed groups. Many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    This is the right idea, I think. Go for the problem at its root, not one of the branches. The main reason people go AFK is because they can do it and still get rewards. Trion just needs to design a way to: 1) Take away rewards for not participating 2) Give more significant rewards for participating or 3) Some combination of the two.

I'm a proponent of making marks of conquest more fluidly available throughout a match instead of grouped at the end - in theory, would give more motivation to participate throughout instead of waiting around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    This is the right idea, I think. Go for the problem at its root, not one of the branches. The main reason people go AFK is because they can do it and still get rewards. Trion just needs to design a way to: 1) Take away rewards for not participating 2) Give more significant rewards for participating or 3) Some combination of the two.

I'm a proponent of making marks of conquest more fluidly available throughout a match instead of grouped at the end - in theory, would give more motivation to participate throughout instead of waiting around.
    As I said before, get rid of the entire stupid pointless focus phase

Remove CQ power decay or make it not work in PvE, and u'll notice a huge drop in the AFKers

-Signed, AFKer once or twice a week for a refill.
    Last edited by Byona; 10-12-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Default sage

This thread could have been avoided...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast