+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Unseen/Eye Notoriety and the Future of PvP Rep Grinds

Ascendant

Default Unseen/Eye Notoriety and the Future of PvP Rep Grinds

Trion

I realize that Storm Legion drops in just a month but I wanted to ensure that the pain associated with grinding Unseen/Eye notoriety is heard and felt. Unless you were in on the initial PvP rift frenzy when they were initially implemented, grinding these reputations is absolutely horrible. With Storm Legion now just a month away, I have given up attempting to get Revered with The Unseen to get my synergy crystal and core and am relegated to using a PvE core, 2-3 pieces of PvE gear and a PvE crystal.

It's most likely too late in the game to provide other avenues for Unseen/Eye notoriety but please keep this in consideration for any PvP grinds you implement with Storm Legion.

As a last ditch effort, could you simply award a bit of rep in Warfronts?
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Trion

I realize that Storm Legion drops in just a month but I wanted to ensure that the pain associated with grinding Unseen/Eye notoriety is heard and felt. Unless you were in on the initial PvP rift frenzy when they were initially implemented, grinding these reputations is absolutely horrible. With Storm Legion now just a month away, I have given up attempting to get Revered with The Unseen to get my synergy crystal and core and am relegated to using a PvE core, 2-3 pieces of PvE gear and a PvE crystal.

It's most likely too late in the game to provide other avenues for Unseen/Eye notoriety but please keep this in consideration for any PvP grinds you implement with Storm Legion.

Agreed, the day of meaningless rep grinds is over. Let's not repeat past mistakes. Or at least give us a way to earn PvP faction rep by KILLING PEOPLE. Every PvP rift these days is lopsided or one team just doesn't even show. Nigh impossible to do the rep grind now, my warrior has been bogged down quite a while.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    Every PvP rift these days is lopsided or one team just doesn't even show.
    Sounds like they're even easier to do now.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-12-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Sounds like they're even easier to do now.
    True dat. Not the point, but that is true. Then again grinding PvP rep by PvEing a rift where you dont even kill anything seems ugh to me.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

I just started playing again just over a month ago, after a long break (1+ year). The Unseen faction didn't even exist when I played (at least I don't think it did) and I had 0 notoriety in it.

3 weeks of doing my dailies (didn't even do the kill guardians daily b/c there were never any guardians to kill, 4 on a really, really, really good day) and my faction was maxed. Those dailies take 10 minutes out of your day. This was honestly one of the easiest factions I've ever leveled up.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Synovia View Post
    Trion

At the moment, the alternative method other than PvP rifts and the world dailies is to join the zerg faction in CQ and hug that stone carrier whenever people kill stuff.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I just started playing again just over a month ago, after a long break (1+ year). The Unseen faction didn't even exist when I played (at least I don't think it did) and I had 0 notoriety in it.

3 weeks of doing my dailies (didn't even do the kill guardians daily b/c there were never any guardians to kill, 4 on a really, really, really good day) and my faction was maxed. Those dailies take 10 minutes out of your day. This was honestly one of the easiest factions I've ever leveled up.
    If you were to start at 0 and only use dailies - 3 dailies a day would get Unseen maxed in 49 days. If you did all 4 dailies every day, it would take 36 days. 21 days with mostly 3 quests a day is an exaggeration or you gained rep by other means.

edit/ps. The big overall difference about Unseen rep is unlike most reps, you can't much forcibly grind it out. Unless you do PvP rifts, which were short lived and not much of a efficient option for a 'grind out' imo. But almost all other reps, you can up your rep all day till your hearts desire. Unseen is the main one with a very limiting factor in how fast you earn it, especially when considering the reality of pvp rifts now overall.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

He has a point, the daily quests DO give a fair bit of unseen rep. The problem is I usually don't play for 4 days (school, work) then I'll play one night for 5 hours straight. I can only do dailies once a day.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Ascendant

He has a point, the daily quests DO give a fair bit of unseen rep. The problem is I usually don't play for 4 days (school, work) then I'll play one night for 5 hours straight. I can only do dailies once a day.
    Join the zerg faction in CQ and hug that stone carrier and get killing. I believe the rep was added back in ~1 month ago or so.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Join the zerg faction in CQ and hug that stone carrier and get killing. I believe the rep was added back in ~1 month ago or so.
    Thanks for the advice, I had heard that they removed the rep bonus but never heard of them adding it back. Time to go hug a stone tonight
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 10-12-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If you were to start at 0 and only use dailies - 3 dailies a day would get Unseen maxed in 49 days. If you did all 4 dailies every day, it would take 36 days. 21 days with mostly 3 quests a day is an exaggeration or you gained rep by other means.

edit/ps. The big overall difference about Unseen rep is unlike most reps, you can't much forcibly grind it out. Unless you do PvP rifts, which were short lived and not much of a efficient option for a 'grind out' imo. But almost all other reps, you can up your rep all day till your hearts desire. Unseen is the main one with a very limiting factor in how fast you earn it, especially when considering the reality of pvp rifts now overall.
    Hmm, well it was 3 weeks. It's possible I gained some in those conquests. Early on there were good days where there would be a lot of pvp and I was around the stone a lot. I never really added up how much rep I got from those.

By easy I do not mean in terms of time, but easy as in it felt effortless. Most other factions I had to grind quests or mobs after I no longer needed to be in that area. With the unseen, I was just getting some favor and faction was a bonus.

Ascendant

Thanks for the advice, I had heard that they removed the rep bonus but never heard of them adding it back. Time to go hug a stone tonight
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3954817

Just to be sure that I wasn't imagining it. :P
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post

This is either a magnificent display of memory bias or is a blatant lie. Either way, it is untrue and mathematically impossible.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

@OP
    Sorry but did you even tried to start farming rep with them? o_O
    It doesn't really take long to get to rep lvl to afford trinket and the synergy crystal.

As a person who got 4 characters maxed rep with Eye, I honestly don't care what you guys do with it.

The quest dailies were fine because I got several pvp ranks and pieces of gear just from them. Good XP also, and a reason to get out and do some world pvp.

I made sure to max all rep before transferring from seastone, which is dead anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast