+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Marduk
  • 1 Post By Meina
  • 1 Post By Marduk

Thread: Need faction transfers on pvp shards

Rift Chaser

Default Need faction transfers on pvp shards

There are more "pvp" guilds on pve shards now. They are giving up world pvp for the obvious benefit of being able to recruit good players from both sides for WFs/Organized 5vs5's.

Level the playing field and allow folks on pvp servers a limited faction transfer of some sort. I'll leave the details alone but I think as a general concept this could work.
    Marduke

*in general
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    There are more "pvp" guilds on pve shards now. They are giving up world pvp for the obvious benefit of being able to recruit good players from both sides for WFs/Organized 5vs5's.

Level the playing field and allow folks on pvp servers a limited faction transfer of some sort. I'll leave the details alone but I think as a general concept this could work.
    Amen, brother.

How can true pvp guilds move to pve servers? PvP is part of the overall and rich experience an MMO should bring. Even PvErs enjoy world pvp from time to time, that feeling of risk and joy instead of getting everything served on a golden plate.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    How can true pvp guilds move to pve servers?
    Because to have open world pvp you first need people to fight against.

When these people don't exist there's literally no point to being on a PvP shard.

Yes, but they are encouraging that by moving to a pve shard.. there wont be pvp if they move in the first place. Just saying. Anyways, theres still wPvP going on, just in smaller doses. Hopefully expansion will spice that up.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

EQ2 had this, it was a disaster imho. Everyone would swap when it became clear one faction was gaining an advantage over the other. Fortunately it was only a two hour quest so I just saved myself the pain and went with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    EQ2 had this, it was a disaster imho. Everyone would swap when it became clear one faction was gaining an advantage over the other. Fortunately it was only a two hour quest so I just saved myself the pain and went with it.
    WoW did this and it's been working fine. It also killed almost all of the faction balance problems they were having. There's is fee based and there is a cool down so that people don't jump faction constantly.

I would have preferred Rift had gone in that direction than nullifying factions the way they did with the merc system.
    A friend will calm you down when you're angry, but a best friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "Someone's gonna get it!"

Rift Chaser

We're pretty good at self regulation on the pvp servers. I don't want to roll over everyone .. I want some competition. The opposite faction guild that gives it to me gets my respect. The band wagon faction swappers get grief. It all kinda works out in the long run.

My real problem is trying to compete with the WF guilds who can recruit from just about anywhere because they exist on a pve server.
    Last edited by Marduk; 10-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Marduke

Rift Master

A betrayal questline exactly like eq2 had for pvp servers would do the job perfectly. It would have to be a 100% faction swap though allowing them to swap home towns, etc - not the just allowing them to be grouped and guilded like on pve servers.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

there are those who defect for the sake of an advantage, and those who do it for the sake of a disadvantage - on the topic of SOE, SWG had faction swap as well.
    My guild and I would often swap faction to join the side with the least numbers (quite easy to see with the statistics provided)

The benefit of that of course being, more bads to farm and less imbalanced PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    there are those who defect for the sake of an advantage, and those who do it for the sake of a disadvantage - on the topic of SOE, SWG had faction swap as well.
    My guild and I would often swap faction to join the side with the least numbers (quite easy to see with the statistics provided)

The benefit of that of course being, more bads to farm and less imbalanced PvP.
    My counterpoint is Warhammer Online, where basically everyone is on one side now.

+ Reply to Thread