+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Black Garden - the pick things up one

Default Black Garden - the pick things up one

My wife and I were surprised last weekend to find ourselves picking up odd objects in Black Garden. At first, we both disliked it, then we both decided it was better than the standard Black Garden; while the Fang killing you is a great way to help avoid turtling snorefests, it's still possible to huddle up behind a tree and afk for a win if you have a good tank and heals. The other Black Garden, however, requires a true team effort (not just protecting hotshot tank), and I love that. It's a lot like how the Library WF makes everyone work well or lose the game.

Anyway, two cents. A bit wildly typed and expressed perhaps (time short), but I want Trion to know that I enjoyed the secondary Black Garden.

BG:Stockpile can be won by one or two people running stones while everyone else is brawling. In some cases, yes, a higher level of strategy and coordination may be required, and stealth classes have increased value defending the turn-ins, but it's pretty easy to hold chokes and allow your runners free reign.

Nevertheless, it's a nice change of pace from regular BG, and I always enjoy it, even if all I do is kill people.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

bonus black garden is indeed nicer, but the spawn area needs reworked, no colateral escape route same as all other warfronts, allows camping

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    bonus black garden is indeed nicer, but the spawn area needs reworked, no colateral escape route same as all other warfronts, allows camping
    There are 3 routes out of the BG spawn. The problem is players spawn and charge blindly forwards instead of using the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    There are 3 routes out of the BG spawn. The problem is players spawn and charge blindly forwards instead of using the other 2
    I'm talking about bonus BG map, it does allow access to spawn area , you can have the spawn area circle surrounded by all other team

I'm talking about bonus BG map, it does allow access to spawn area , you can have the spawn area circle surrounded by all other team
    You can do this whether it's bonus or not. The bonus's objectives just make these side routes useful for once.

in normal BG not all the map is usable, during the bonus weekend is, and spawn point is accessible by all opponent team, had a BG like this last weekend, all that spawned shouldnt have moved a step to avoid to be hit

in normal BG not all the map is usable, during the bonus weekend is, and spawn point is accessible by all opponent team, had a BG like this last weekend, all that spawned shouldnt have moved a step to avoid to be hit
    umm I got news for you bro... it is. I'm guessing you never got the achieve for killing the fang holder after using the AP orb.

pointing out you can't get camped in spawn point in any other wf, in BG is the only one you spawn and you should stand still, not moving, im not an achie nerd points also

pointing out you can't get camped in spawn point in any other wf, in BG is the only one you spawn and you should stand still, not moving, im not an achie nerd points also
    ^^^^^ also one of the reasons RIFT pvp has taken a downhill slide

I make it an effort every Stockpile weekend to get called an exploiter.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I make it an effort every Stockpile weekend to get called an exploiter.
    does it matter if you are guardian or defiant to exploit?

BG:Stockpile can be won by one or two people running stones while everyone else is brawling.
    Of course that's technically true, but I can't imagine a match of that kind in which literally one person from one team is the only one to carry orbs for like 10-15 minutes. That seems a bit "out there" and does not diminish my willingness to advocate the bonus BG playstyle.

Nevertheless, let's take it into account. In bonus BG, anywhere from 1-10 people (think those numbers are right) can be running orbs at once. In default BG, only one person can carry the fang - no loopholes. Guess which is more dynamic.

Not to say I want to do away with default BG necessarily, but the bonus BG demands more from each player. At least that's how it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaefChaosblade View Post
    Of course that's technically true, but I can't imagine a match of that kind in which literally one person from one team is the only one to carry orbs for like 10-15 minutes.
    a) It doesn't take that long with a good "orb runner" spec (i.e. a rogue), unless you're consistenly only running one orb at a time. Often times you'll get two people who are dedicated runners, while others farm kills, and the odd player will recover and turn-in something from a downed foe, making it take much less than 10-15 minutes.
    b) That being said, I've been that "literally one person", and it probably took eight minutes of running (plus kills) to hit the score cap.

BG:Stockpile does not require particular "creativity" in its play, especially once you learn the "rotation" of BG:Stockpile's turn-ins, as astute players develop a predictable flow in turn-in point selection and region control. More dynamic than Regular BG? That depends on your definition of "dynamic". I would argue the more fragile nature of the lone carrier in vanilla BG -- and the fact that many of them love to do stupid things like run and hide behind the tree when it's not necessary -- as well as the pickup/region control mechanic are just as "dynamic", though different.

Don't get me wrong -- I much prefer BG:Stockpile, though that might be because it's potentially more of a meatgrinder.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

does it matter if you are guardian or defiant to exploit?
    Newp, can get called one as either!

ps. lol, it is not a real one. But if you are not aware of it, from an observer point of view it does look pretty sketchy. Think the last guy told me "thanks for letting me watch you do that, now I can report the exploit".
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast