+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP Gear- Just came back to rift after a year.

Soulwalker

Default PVP Gear- Just came back to rift after a year.

Before the highest ranks of pvp gear was rank 6 gear. What's the max pvp gear nowadays? Do you still purchase the pvp gear at the same vendors or are there new vendors? Can anyone fill me in on any pvp changes as far as gear etc goes. Thanks a bunch I really appreciate it! )

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboomson View Post
    Before the highest ranks of pvp gear was rank 6 gear. What's the max pvp gear nowadays? Do you still purchase the pvp gear at the same vendors or are there new vendors? Can anyone fill me in on any pvp changes as far as gear etc goes. Thanks a bunch I really appreciate it! )

Same vendors.
    Ther eis rank 50 gear which is the equal of r10 back in the day.

Storm legion will probably have a gear reset or rank reset so don't worry
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-09-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Same vendors.
    Ther eis rank 50 gear which is the equal of r10 back in the day.

Okay great, so I'm assuming it only shows you what gear is available for your current rank is correct? Because I didn't see any gear higher than what I have right now. Thanks!

Okay great, so I'm assuming it only shows you what gear is available for your current rank is correct? Because I didn't see any gear higher than what I have right now. Thanks!
    You can look at the gear available for you higher up and the reqs for it.
    Four vendors

1 costume
    3 vendors with the armor/weapons/accessories

If you are a Defiant, its in the same room but they moved the vendors all over the room.

Shadowlander

Is there any official information about this? I'm a potential returning player, still on the fence abour resubbing because I don't want to be hopelessly behind in PvP gear.

Rift Disciple

yeah, i've seen two sets in the beta...blue and purple set! =)

Shadowlander

But if it requires rank 60 and I'm rank 5... Does that mean I won't have a chance to compete until I farm up 55 ranks against people decked out in the best current max level gear? That would be impossible :/

Ascendant

I would imagine the armor pieces would be rank-free and weapons would be tied to a minimum rank (current model). However, if they changed that in SL, then yeah, that would be one heck of a grind for a new person at rank 1 to even compete, lol.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

They redid the ranking system. Old rank 5 is probably about rank 26 ish in new ranking system.

When the change hit I was old rank 8 which when changed put me at rank 38
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Shadowlander

Hmm, so then in fact I will be suffering a huge disadvantage after all :/

Oh well, too bad for us returning/new players. If I were Trion I'd have some sort of system in place to prevent this huge veteran lead to continue after an expansion is released. It's fine during the course of the game, but after such a huge moment for the game a reset would seem more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by RaguraX View Post
    Hmm, so then in fact I will be suffering a huge disadvantage after all :/

Oh well, too bad for us returning/new players. If I were Trion I'd have some sort of system in place to prevent this huge veteran lead to continue after an expansion is released. It's fine during the course of the game, but after such a huge moment for the game a reset would seem more logical.
    Well its really not that bad. The balance was way worse when it was rank 1-6. You get bolstered now to rank 36. After that you should be able to stand on your two feet and stop using gear disadvantage as an excuse.

Rift Disciple

Just because you are low leveled in gear doesn't mean you can't contribute to your team that you are placed on. I like some of the rest started in the low ranks while a bunch of players were well above me...I took my bruises and scrapes as well...BUT....Hikos made a nice thread about this not too long ago...but I will touch over it briefly real quick...

If you are a mage that can heal do that while in the low ranks help your other team mates out by keeping them alive...you stand a better chance of living if you keep them alive to take the brunt of the damage and let them go toe to toe with equally geared items.

If you are a warrior assist the top geared warrior and hit the same target he is hitting..don't go wandering off and try to take on a top geared toon, you won't survive it.

Use LOS to your advantage if you are a ranged toon.

The best thing is mentioned up above, assist the top geard people in your group. You will be helping them and you stand a better chance of survival if you do.

There are more and this is just some brief tips. Maybe Hikos will read this and paste his post with his tips.

BUT

Remember, you are on a TEAM, and not all by yourself...don't go toe to toe, unless you want to die alot. I know this is hard and frustrating but we all have been there ourselves at one time or another.

I did perchance across this thread while on my daily perusal of the forums.

Can't be bothered going to look for my original post - but the idea is you want to be doing things that aren't dependent (really) on gear. So when it comes down to it these are the things that will reward skilled gameplay without needing the year to match it.

Rogue:

44MM22RS.

Make a cast@focus deaden and cast@focus eradicate.

Learn what serendipity, planar blade, electrified and vampiric munitions, fell blade, Scourge of Darkness, Splits , healers Cov and Reflective presence look like. On the buff bar.

Leave the teams best healer (or top dps mage depending) on focus target - purge and interrupt at will - while still being able to keep important buffs off other players.

Play defensively - go guardian phase and use recon vials. Ideally purge off your teams best warrior while keeping the healer purged - this means both hots/deluge and Invo's are nullified.

God I don't know why I tell people how to shut me down but oh well.

Mage:

32chloro 34dom or 51 dom.

Cast @self notactive Reflective presence - USE IT.

TI, incompetence, transferrence, mana drain, wild growth.

Spot blooms + flourishes.

Cast @mouseoverui Deny - USE IT MORE.

Obv MB if you're 51 dom - but I wouldn't use this spec early door unless you are hyper situationally aware as you will get trucked.

Cleric:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...uMsoxsdoR.V.-7

Now I know this looks like a ******ed spec and the point distribution vcould be different w/e.

But CLEANSE.

CLEANSE CLEANSE CLEANSE.

TI, MB, FB, VM, Rift surge, CD, Storm shackle, transferrence etc etc.

Still some nice raid healing utility with dol, ripple and spreading hots - Idea is to be as mobile as possible with as much defense.

Get comfortable switching meins depending on the situation.

Healing breath on CD.

Warrior.

**** VK.

Someone else can tell you how to play that ****. Because **** VK up the arse.

Shadowlander

Thank you for that rundown Unfortunately, I'm a warrior :P So I'm guessing I go VK for PvP? xD

Your words of hope and perseverance brought me to resub today, actually got to do some of the world event, didn't expect that :P Will see how it is in SL, looking forward to it!

Thanks for all the replies, I'm pretty sure many returning players will find this useful

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast