+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WF queuing & guild faction

Champion

Default WF queuing & guild faction

I moved from seastone to deepwood. The AH prices are amazingly better and I can actually run with full consumables now, for the most part. Makes me sad thinking about all the plat I've wasted on seastone over the months. Also finally got that second tier PA glyph for the 2-hour mana increase -- gotta feed the hungry doms. It's too bad the AH isn't combined for all servers.

I joined a defiant-based guild. They promised not to kill me, whether I was with or against them in WFs, but I think they had their fingers crossed. ;) The cross-faction guilding is great. Nice to openly chat with people outside combat, who've been kicking my arse for months.

Now this may simply be perception, but it seems I'm getting put on defiant side much more frequently than guardian side when joining warfronts. I'm almost always queuing solo, so it's not a mixed group thing. Does being in a guild from one faction or the other put people in that faction's queue as primary?

It usually wouldn't matter, but I was on the defiant side with a number of my defiant/guardian guildmates through a sequence of warfronts, which seems to be an advantage. If we were all grouping together it would make sense, but queuing separately, it would seem I should still generally be fighting against my defiant guildmates.

I'll chalk it up to chance, unless someone can shed some other light on it.

Personally I think it's just a coincidence. There have been several nights on my warrior (defiant) where I played guardian side nearly every match.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Ascendant

I think it's mostly rng. There were times when I was placed on the defiant side for like 8 games in a row. :x It's nice to have cross-faction members though.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    I moved from seastone to deepwood. The AH prices are amazingly better and I can actually run with full consumables now, for the most part. Makes me sad thinking about all the plat I've wasted on seastone over the months. Also finally got that second tier PA glyph for the 2-hour mana increase -- gotta feed the hungry doms. It's too bad the AH isn't combined for all servers.

I joined a defiant-based guild. They promised not to kill me, whether I was with or against them in WFs, but I think they had their fingers crossed. ;) The cross-faction guilding is great. Nice to openly chat with people outside combat, who've been kicking my arse for months.

Now this may simply be perception, but it seems I'm getting put on defiant side much more frequently than guardian side when joining warfronts. I'm almost always queuing solo, so it's not a mixed group thing. Does being in a guild from one faction or the other put people in that faction's queue as primary?

It usually wouldn't matter, but I was on the defiant side with a number of my defiant/guardian guildmates through a sequence of warfronts, which seems to be an advantage. If we were all grouping together it would make sense, but queuing separately, it would seem I should still generally be fighting against my defiant guildmates.

It's probably just a population balance thing. If there are more guardians in general on your cluster then you are more likely to end up on the defiant teams.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post

Z, I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and duo que with you...you can be lead so we enter the guardian que. Wow the sacrifices I make.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Z, I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and duo que with you...you can be lead so we enter the guardian que. Wow the sacrifices I make.
    EvanX did you use to play on Crucia or some other server way back when? Swear I was in a guild with you at one point. Name seems familiar.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    EvanX did you use to play on Crucia or some other server way back when? Swear I was in a guild with you at one point. Name seems familiar.
    Yes I was on Crucia for a time, but can't remember the guild. It wasn't too long after that that I moved to seastone and began to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Yes I was on Crucia for a time, but can't remember the guild. It wasn't too long after that that I moved to seastone and began to PVP.
    I can't remember the guild name either honestly, I played my cleric Anaru at the time. Just cool to see someone I recognized, haven't seen hardly anyone I knew since I have been back!
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Champion

Haha Evan, I appreciate the great sacrifice you're willing to make. ;)

I look forward to it!

+ Reply to Thread