+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fix WF queue

Default Fix WF queue

Fix the the damn WF queue. Since most of us don't really give two ****s about Conquest and the downhill turn it has taken from fun times to tedious BS, you could at least fix the queues so that 10 rogues and a mage don't face off a team with all callings representing. I mean it get kinda old, it wastes my time and sucks. So Trion, please fix it.

I dont find wfs much more fun either, i spam em in weekends while spamming conq in weekdays for more favor gain.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    Fix the the damn WF queue. Since most of us don't really give two ****s about Conquest and the downhill turn it has taken from fun times to tedious BS, you could at least fix the queues so that 10 rogues and a mage don't face off a team with all callings representing. I mean it get kinda old, it wastes my time and sucks. So Trion, please fix it.
    fix for you:

/5 lfm for warfronts: 2 Warriors, 2 Clerics

RIFT Guide Writer

Want arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    fix for you:

/5 lfm for warfronts: 2 Warriors, 2 Clerics
    Then it's to easy cause they don't have a proper team.

Believe it or not, premades against pugs are even more boring. Plus sitting in the premade queue forever is annoying.
    I guess you could duo sync, but than again it's to easy.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-09-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Ascendant

Yeah, I always got a laugh if I had a team that was all clerics + warriors only and the other team had just mages/rogues. One of the warriors was like "dude, lets just synch our Rift Storms". Oh, it was definitely an atomic bomb in there.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

The player behind the toon is way more deciding and even if it did shuffle, it would just make things seem right in your mind, in reality it would still play out just as silly until they figure out a way to caliber skill level to an even weak degree. My other game QL does brackets based on 4 tiers. They are determined by something that tries to gauge skill, and sorts people by general skill levels (I question how good that even works.). I don't get excited when I see good make-up on my team, I get excited when I see good players.

I seen some terribly class unbalanced games. I seen the team you would project to lose win. I think the class balance makes a difference but sometimes it is just a scapegoat that really wouldn't have mattered. For it to work well it would take implementation with good options. Like I think the ability to manually change teams after a shuffle would have to be allowed if you did shuffle teams in the start. It would get more old than sitting with your friends in que for 20m if you got shuffled off their team everytime. It's fun to fight your friends, but it's aggravating to try to play with them and not be able to.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I am constantly getting queues with all rogues/clerics on one side vs a normal team on the other. This has happened a lot. Really really getting old.

Rift Disciple

I know exactly what you mean on the queue. It can be really frustrating at times when you look at the team distribution. Violacea is right about skill, but in some cases skill doesn't make up for situations where there just isn't a build that is very viable for the roles needed. A Whitefall last night had all rogues and warriors except at one point. The only healer when I popped in was a bard. Not gonna happen.

It's like there was a boycott by healers last night in WFs for the longest time. Several teams where only one or two people would be healing if lucky. Of course, then it devolved into the incessant ***** fest where one person would just blast everyone else for their performance.

On a funny note, I have been a part of a Library where the Guardian side started with 8 mages as an 8 man team. It finally popped two more people in....a mage and a rogue. We won, surprisingly, with about four of us running Chloro, two running Dom-hybrids and the others doing more pure dps. It was quite amusing, actually.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    On a funny note, I have been a part of a Library where the Guardian side started with 8 mages as an 8 man team. It finally popped two more people in....a mage and a rogue. We won, surprisingly, with about four of us running Chloro, two running Dom-hybrids and the others doing more pure dps. It was quite amusing, actually.
    In case it was the same Library I was in:

1) you guys did a great job as healers and Doms
    2) I wasn't under the impression that the other team was overly strong
    3) I wasn't drunk, for once

I also remeber the "oh s***" sign on everyone's face, when the counter began to show up.. ^^
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

Plane Walker

CQ has become an incredible bore fest and a great cure for insomnia

Why not make it fully random and take away the option of joining one of the 3 and let the system randomly place you. That way its not fixed and any team can possibly win

Untill then IM OUT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cornu View Post
    In case it was the same Library I was in:

1) you guys did a great job as healers and Doms
    2) I wasn't under the impression that the other team was overly strong
    3) I wasn't drunk, for once

I also remeber the "oh s***" sign on everyone's face, when the counter began to show up.. ^^
    Unless you were on the Faeblight cluster at the time, I don't think it was the same WF. I do think the "oh ****" faces were the same, however.

Worst map for class imbalance I have seen is Whitefall, and that WF is being changed. Codex probably comes in second unless you have a ton of rogues in it to win it. I guess some maps expose it worse. Sometimes you get those whitefalls where at best your team has a chloro, you get the flag, and here comes the other team with 3 - 4 clerics healing. Collision with the wall of heals against meager heals usually is predictable. But hey, say GG and move on to the next game.

I still would be interesting to see a shuffle option allowed per vote. I really wish Trion would steal a page from FPS games for their WF's and implement a Rift styled voting system for certain match parameters/options.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Worst map for class imbalance I have seen is Whitefall, and that WF is being changed. Codex probably comes in second unless you have a ton of rogues in it to win it. I guess some maps expose it worse. Sometimes you get those whitefalls where at best your team has a chloro, you get the flag, and here comes the other team with 3 - 4 clerics healing. Collision with the wall of heals against meager heals usually is predictable. But hey, say GG and move on to the next game.

I still would be interesting to see a shuffle option allowed per vote. I really wish Trion would steal a page from FPS games for their WF's and implement a Rift styled voting system for certain match parameters/options.
    You must have been in several of the Whitefalls with me last night as the lone Chloro! HAHA.

It must happen more often than to just me
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast