+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nightcrawller

Thread: Don't wait for trion to fix pvp shard populations, lets fix it ourselves.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Don't wait for trion to fix pvp shard populations, lets fix it ourselves.

    Hello all

    If your on a pvp shard your probably as frustrated as i am about how hard it is to do anything due to the low populations. Alot of people blame the patch 1.10 for this decline in population, and this is partially true. But in reality it is only the catalyst. The real issue and pvp shards downfall was the free server transfers. If we had not had free server transfers alot of people wouldn't have moved, certianly not whole guilds at a time.

    Now if you are like me and refuse to go to pve shards, but are feeling the major hurt from this huge and sudden population decline, the solution is as easy as the problem . How you may ask, well simple. We used what was the downfall of this mass exodus, and use it to are advantage. We consolidate pvp shards and utilize the free transfer option to move as many as will fit into the pvp server named seastone. There is no point in having 4 low pop pvp shards. This does no one any good. You may be asking well why seastone and not one of the other pvp shards as focus for this revitaliation and rebirth of a pvp shard to become a high pop pvp shard over night? The reason is becasue we want this to be as simple and easy as possible, and there is two factors for this. #1. seastone is the oldest pvp shard and #2. Seastone while still a low pop pvp shard like every other pvp shard in game , has the highest population to start with. My request to all that love and prefer to play on a pvp server is to move your guilds..a. guardian and defiant alike. We can over come this before its too late, but to do so we need to get along and cooperate with each otehr and make this happen. Trust me when i say for all the ones that are still hesitant to switch to seastone are you really better off where you are now, and seondly do you really have anythign to loose in trying? For those that agree with me thant you and hope to sea you soon on seastone.
    Last edited by nightcrawller; 10-08-2012 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawller View Post
    For those that agree with me thant you and hope to sea you soon on seastone.
    Iseewhatyoudidthere.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Delmlord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    As much as I would love to wait it out on seastone, you forget this is a subscription game. When your sitting around in sanctum for months in my case doing nothing due to the dangerously low population your not having fun but suffering and losing money while doing it. There was no more open world pvp, there was no one to recruit to progress pve content, there was only a handful of active players to talk to and hang out with. It would be awesome to just snatch everyone that left back then seastone would have a medium, shy of healthy population to support it but open pvp is dead and Trion killed it. Well played 1.9, good game 1.10 .
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

  4. #4
    Ascendant micshaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    nah i'm moving to deepstrike, it has the best pvp

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    I hope they fix pvp gears and remove them from game and give us something nice... PVP is gonna die, GW2 and Elder Scroll Online both very PVP oriented MMO games. WELL, maybe things get better after expansion who knows how much it sells, but gotta say I havent witnessed "come back" in this genre, usually when game start to decline it dies eventually, but yeah, first time for everything. If nothing else go F2P it gives at least 6 month more, me personalyl would milk all money from those noobs.
    Last edited by June; 10-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Ayronamic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Even tho bloodiron pvp is low pop we still have our daily share of wpvp, much more than ppl might realize. Other than that, i like you idea and initiative. The options and possibilities are there, too bad the ones going to pve shards miss the chance to see and exp this.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

  7. #7
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightcrawller View Post
    Hello all

    If your on a pvp shard your probably as frustrated as i am about how hard it is to do anything due to the low populations. Alot of people blame the patch 1.10 for this decline in population, and this is partially true. But in reality it is only the catalyst. The real issue and pvp shards downfall was the free server transfers. If we had not had free server transfers alot of people wouldn't have moved, certianly not whole guilds at a time.

    Now if you are like me and refuse to go to pve shards, but are feeling the major hurt from this huge and sudden population decline, the solution is as easy as the problem . How you may ask, well simple. We used what was the downfall of this mass exodus, and use it to are advantage. We consolidate pvp shards and utilize the free transfer option to move as many as will fit into the pvp server named seastone. There is no point in having 4 low pop pvp shards. This does no one any good. You may be asking well why seastone and not one of the other pvp shards as focus for this revitaliation and rebirth of a pvp shard to become a high pop pvp shard over night? The reason is becasue we want this to be as simple and easy as possible, and there is two factors for this. #1. seastone is the oldest pvp shard and #2. Seastone while still a low pop pvp shard like every other pvp shard in game , has the highest population to start with. My request to all that love and prefer to play on a pvp server is to move your guilds..a. guardian and defiant alike. We can over come this before its too late, but to do so we need to get along and cooperate with each otehr and make this happen. Trust me when i say for all the ones that are still hesitant to switch to seastone are you really better off where you are now, and seondly do you really have anythign to loose in trying? For those that agree with me thant you and hope to sea you soon on seastone.
    Someone who gets it.
    Get all who want it on 1 shard, and have a blast. but first see if you have enough who would support you
    +1
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Merge carebears and let PVPers be ultimate badasses what they're, we pretty much slaughter everything from mobs to players. We want own town! They should just just remove PVP servers from the game, period.

    But yeah, who knows maybe expansion sells more than we expect and Bloodiron is back again.
    Last edited by June; 10-09-2012 at 11:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    The trouble is that there are so few gankers and zergers left that even if you move everyone who wants to give up all the perks of the double faction PVE servers you'd still just have 1 server on it's death bed.

  10. #10
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    The trouble is that there are so few gankers and zergers left that even if you move everyone who wants to give up all the perks of the double faction PVE servers you'd still just have 1 server on it's death bed.
    Truth. Being able to play with anyone outweighs ganking in a game with zero risk and reward. Trion killed it's pvp servers.

    enable cross faction WF grouping on pvp servers too.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Truth. Being able to play with anyone outweighs ganking in a game with zero risk and reward. Trion killed it's pvp servers.

    enable cross faction WF grouping on pvp servers too.
    Probably more difficult to put into practice than it sounds.
    May work if they get a GvG system going sometime.

  12. #12
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Probably more difficult to put into practice than it sounds.
    May work if they get a GvG system going sometime.
    It would be neat though to have groups merced depending on party leader or something. Even in open world.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Jawsnap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I hope they fix pvp gears and remove them from game and give us something nice... PVP is gonna die, GW2 and Elder Scroll Online both very PVP oriented MMO games. WELL, maybe things get better after expansion who knows how much it sells, but gotta say I havent witnessed "come back" in this genre, usually when game start to decline it dies eventually, but yeah, first time for everything. If nothing else go F2P it gives at least 6 month more, me personalyl would milk all money from those noobs.
    Complacent, defeatist idiots like you are why Trion haven't fixed PvP up to now.

    Too many people are happy to just bugger off to another game to PvP, which makes PvP here less of a priority as the larger playerbase are killing NPC's and raging at being 10 dps behind the other warrior, or standing in fire.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    Complacent, defeatist idiots like you are why Trion haven't fixed PvP up to now.

    Too many people are happy to just bugger off to another game to PvP, which makes PvP here less of a priority as the larger playerbase are killing NPC's and raging at being 10 dps behind the other warrior, or standing in fire.
    I havent never wanted, Ive said since beta Rift's PVP is its weakness point and its shame, and they shouldnt do anything to it. IMHO, they need to make this game one faction game! Pure carebear game, they might have a shot with this.

    Theres lots of good PVP games if I want PVP, like Bloodline Champion, Planetside 2 (new love of my life...) Lots. I couldnt care **** what the noobs do.
    Last edited by June; 10-10-2012 at 10:10 PM.

  15. #15
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I havent never wanted,
    Stopped reading right there.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts