+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: My friends and I are on the verge of pre ordering SL...

Default My friends and I are on the verge of pre ordering SL...

What holds us a bit back or makes us cautious is where this expansion is headed towards PvP. Now obviously Rift today might not be the Eden of PvP, but at least they try and the options are there. But in this expansion and the official trailer there is not a word of PvP. I understand that they focus more on the PvE aspect, it problably do cater to their loyal playerbase overall, but really, not a single word about it? To expect a dev answer on this would most likely not happen, but all in all we're just baffled with this PR approach. I dont neccesairly expect new options, just that the systems such as open world encourages PvP. I just dont get why this in general hasnt been addressed. Are there plans for the future, did you give up or dont know what you`ll do about it hence the silence?

The other thing that is on the agenda is game optimization, but I already see an existing thread on this.
    Last edited by Ayronamic; 10-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

it cant be an expansion without any new pvp. sth they are making...we will hopefully see it at next beta tests

Trion has no plans to improve PvP at this time, they tell us nothing about the future of PvP. Which makes us PvPers pretty uneasy seeing how much time they put into other areas of the game but completely avoid catering to the hardcore PvPers with organized PvP. If you guys are focused on PvP I would hold out on the pre-order or just flat out spend it elsewhere. If you guys enjoy raids,crafting,puzzles at all there's always tons of content for that ofc .__.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

They have talked about a new warfront and new pvp ranks. They also talked about making pvp less about the gear, but i wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    They have talked about a new warfront and new pvp ranks. They also talked about making pvp less about the gear, but i wouldn't expect anything groundbreaking.
    lol I must've of missed this, sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Rift Forums hate the "search" system, so knock yourself out
    The whole PvP normalization was a test for Storm Legion(has been announcent as such) for example, so they are doing something with PvP.

But tbh I would say hold off your pre-order for a bit. Highly possilbe that in one of the future beta-weekends you will be able to see and test Storm Legion PvP by yourself.
    The only one who would be able to see if its something for you, is you :P
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I cant find it , so i guess you will have to trust me ?
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Rift Forums hate the "search" system, so knock yourself out
    The whole PvP normalization was a test for Storm Legion(has been announcent as such) for example, so they are doing something with PvP.

But tbh I would say hold off your pre-order for a bit. Highly possilbe that in one of the future beta-weekends you will be able to see and test Storm Legion PvP by yourself.
    The only one who would be able to see if its something for you, is you :P
    I would but I can't seem to get the search engine to work, I don't get it :/

Could you guys give me a link? Sure they were testing PvP normalization but I haven't heard anything about a new warfront or pvp ranks at SL release. I heard a few maybe in a few patches from regular forums posters but nothing official not even in the SL features video.

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    Barring clarification from a GM, my understanding is PvP gets nothing but a new gear grind.

* New warfront - Discussed, but hasn't happened yet.
    * New PvP ranks - included in Storm Legion.. i.e. new gear and prestige level grind
    * PvP gear normalization was discussed, tested, and ultimately labeled a failure and discarded.

Storm Legion launches in 5 weeks. If it hasn't already been announced, I don't think any significant changes will be added. It would have been nice to see PvP improvements, hell, it would have been nice just to have Conquest tweaked for the PvP players, but it doesn't seem like Trion wants to encourage PvP of any sort in Rift.

If you feel as strongly about this as I do, don't buy the expansion and cancel your subscription. I did.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...yvixen/sub.jpg
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

i hope you are not on the verge everytime you make a 30$ investment on something you will have 100+ hours of
    Last edited by Amethyriel; 10-08-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    i hope you are not on the verge everytime you make a 30$ investment on something you will have 100+ hours of
    Question is will he and his friends be spending 100+ hours if SL doesn't deliver what their focused on which is PvP lol. I know I don't like to waste money so i'll do research and find out more about waht Sl is about before dropping any amount of cash into something I may not even like.

PvP in Storm Legion won't be anything like how it is right now. Anyone who played the beta can tell you that much. If you're really that much on the fence about it all, just hold off on ordering the expansion until after it comes out.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    PvP in Storm Legion won't be anything like how it is right now. Anyone who played the beta can tell you that much. If you're really that much on the fence about it all, just hold off on ordering the expansion until after it comes out.
    meh, even better: Open Beta ;)
    now its closed beta, but I assume the last weekedn(or maybe last 2) will be open beta for all to join.
    check it yourself then

@Delmlord
    its been awhile. It has been confirmed that the PvP normalization was a test for Storm Legion, that it failed but gave them valuable information and logs. They will do something with it for PvP in SL. This was said in the official normalization thread(if I remember correctly)
    Personally have not heard anything about a new warfront though, but tbh I cant get myself to think that Trion wouldnt come up with something

and thats why I hate the Search function. It works, but you stil have to scout through tons of irrelevent threads, much to time consuming imo
    Last edited by NearioNL; 10-08-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    But in this expansion and the official trailer there is not a word of PvP.
    I sympathize, but as a PVE'er this really makes me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    I sympathize, but as a PVE'er this really makes me happy!
    care to clarify?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast