+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Join" button priority for Conquest?

Soulwalker

Default "Join" button priority for Conquest?

Hi, I'm relatively new, so maybe I'm not up to speed on all the mechanics yet. I am wondering about how the "Join" function works for Conquest games. I usually keep a pretty good eye on the countdown timer and when a game is about to start I open the "Conquest" window and wait for the clock to hit Zero. However, it usually takes a good 10-12 seconds before the "Join" button appears, and by then I often can't get on the team I click first (I get put in the queue, and usually I click "Leave" and join another team rather than sit out.) My question is whether there is some priority that determines who gets access to the "Join" button first? I am on a pretty good comp (I7, 24g RAM, GTX 560Ti, etc...) so I don't think its lag, at least not every time. Is there anything I can do (some stat I can improve, etc..) that will make the "Join" button appear more quickly?

I doubt your connection is the cause. When I join, I usually see the countdown at zero for four or five seconds.

Speculation on how the CQ queue works:
    Conquest opens and each faction can take 20 players. Once 20 players have joined at least two factions, the second raid opens and another full raid will get invites. Repeat.

What happens in practice. Twenty join the dominant faction. Ten join the secondary. A handful of AFKers join the third. On my group, it's Oathswarm, Dominion, and Nighfail respectively. So right off the bat, the dominant faction has a 2-to-1 advantage. As people get tired of waiting, some will trickle in to the secondary faction. The numbers advantage remains though. The problem worsens - those getting steamrolled leave, and the imbalance grows. There are exceptions of course.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 10-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

You need more ram.

On a serious note, fact of fiction I am not sure, but what I used to do when I was playing CQ the first week was instead of keeping the window up and waiting for the join, I would hit K repeatedly and click where the join will be. Something told me that refreshing the window rapidly would show it quicker. I do not know if that really was the case or not, call it a voodoo ritual of sorts. I also found myself able to get in fine without spamming my K button as well in the future. So fact or fiction, I do know I never didn't get on the faction I want with the whole K spamming routine.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Speculation on how the CQ queue works:
    Conquest opens and each faction can take 20 players. Once 20 players have joined at least two factions, the second raid opens and another full raid will get invites. Repeat.
    Nah. I think everyone gets the JOIN button at the same time. It's just that the countdown timer is wrong. The visible timer on your screen is only on your client, and does not match the real timer on the server (which no one can see).

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

+ Reply to Thread