+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp ranks at 60

Default pvp ranks at 60

I heard everyone will be equal in instanced pvp at 60, but what about open world and requirement to use such gear. Im curious if people who have spent long time to max out their valor ranks at 50 will still have an advantage over newcomers? Will the valor ranks keep on growing past the present ranks? This is not a rant, just a question.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Why do you want an advantage over others? Everybody being competitive = good.

By the way, what are you talking about?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    I heard everyone will be equal in instanced pvp at 60, but what about open world and requirement to use such gear. Im curious if people who have spent long time to max out their valor ranks at 50 will still have an advantage over newcomers? Will the valor ranks keep on growing past the present ranks? This is not a rant, just a question.
    I thought they killed the normalization plans. Isn't it a sticky?

Edit: sticky was removed.
    Last edited by Bliter; 10-05-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I thought they killed the normalization plans. Isn't it a sticky?
    They said they had squashed it.

If they've revived the idea they need to make an announcement.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

1) They abandoned the normalization, although they did say that would still look into ways to make entry level PvP less brutal.

2) Current gear and ranks should have no effect on level 60 PvP because of the increase in the level cap and the accompanying gear reset.

3) We don't know how ranks will work at 60 yet. They could either continue with the current system (i.e. add ranks 60 to 80 at level 60), reset the ranks to 0 at level 60 or completely toss the rank system.
    A friend will calm you down when you're angry, but a best friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "Someone's gonna get it!"

prestige rank increases wait for them

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

meh, aren't we prestigious enough?

Telaran

i think they need to still look into ways to make entry level PvE less brutal.

pve separates the masses, with gear restrictions, so i think they should do the same for pvp. you cannot just jump in to end game pve so why continuously make pvp easier for the scripted ai fans? there would be less crying, people could compete, rank up and enjoy pvp. but also give people a choice so if they want to try the top tier, or any tier, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    1) They abandoned the normalization, although they did say that would still look into ways to make entry level PvP less brutal.

2) Current gear and ranks should have no effect on level 60 PvP because of the increase in the level cap and the accompanying gear reset.

3) We don't know how ranks will work at 60 yet. They could either continue with the current system (i.e. add ranks 60 to 80 at level 60), reset the ranks to 0 at level 60 or completely toss the rank system.
    Thank you.. was what I was curious of.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post
    i think they need to still look into ways to make entry level PvE less brutal.

pve separates the masses, with gear restrictions, so i think they should do the same for pvp. you cannot just jump in to end game pve so why continuously make pvp easier for the scripted ai fans? there would be less crying, people could compete, rank up and enjoy pvp. but also give people a choice so if they want to try the top tier, or any tier, they can.
    pve guilds everywhere, willing to guide your way, and take you under their protective wing, gear you up, if you give it some effort and time

what you gather from pve is either teamwork, either boosting

in pvp is pure luck when it comes to what team you'll have, what team you'll be facing, and what incentives have all there if is conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    meh, aren't we prestigious enough?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0veaeu6rOqY

+ Reply to Thread