+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: P17 Mage VS P50 Warriors..help

Telaran

Default P17 Mage VS P50 Warriors..help

Alright with a Necro/Dom spec I can match up against warriors fairly well if we're equally tiered but what mage spec is the best when the opposition has 2 or 3 P50 warriors shredding our team? CC is out of the question because they can switch specs or are otherwise immune. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I would try chlorodom or pyrodom. You might tickle them with pyro, or as chlordom at least survive longer to do more annoying dom things.

I'm speaking from the perspective as a warrior, a mage might be able to chime in better.

Sorry for the bad queue match ups, they are annoying for everyone.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Telaran

Thanks I appreciate the info. I've never played warrior so everytime they do something I am always left gaping with my mouth wide open. I'll try out Chlorodom 1st.

vs a higher geared warrior ... pray that they're bad.

Also PyroDom for best results IMO. Flicker can be a life saver, the ability to get out of range of their charges is key to your survivability.

If you're outmatched, sheep, flicker, mount and get outta there. If they're a baddie, you can likely drain/kite them. Also remember to purge thier buffs (may take 2 casts of the Dom purge skill, but bad warriors rarely check their buffs), getting rid of planar blades will drastically improve your chances of survival.

Outside of that, not much you're going to do solo vs someone in the FOTM spec and full max rank pvp gear.

Squirrel him.

And then everyone else.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Hope and pray those warriors don't know how to play and or have a bad spec and try to kite them with Pyro/Dom.

I'm a warrior myself and the only mages I have trouble with at mid P20s are Pyro/Dom, they can melt my face off sometimes.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

In my experience at low ranks you dont have as much punch for damage, so CC or healing is a good way to go.

51 Dom is fun, but squishy and the moment they hear "Jingle Bells" from TI and are SQuIRELLeD!!! you will draw attention.

Dom/Lock is fun and has some survivability.

51 Chloro contributes to healing quite well.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Chlorodom

Quote Originally Posted by Anima Twang View Post
    Alright with a Necro/Dom spec....
    lol.....10char

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

Definitely go Chloro/Dom and try to help your team with heals and support as much as possible. That can be your best contribution vs. high ranks. The likelihood of beating them 1 v 1 isn't good no matter the spec at that level. Sometimes the best way to win is be a team player.

Purge, squirrel and kite toward your backline in the hopes that he'll get tired of chasing you or some of your dps help focus him down.

Other than that it's doubtful you'll pull off a win against a p50 warrior solo, as of right now.
    Beerzerker (used to be Hog/Pig) - Warrior - P84

Weezard (used to be Runemaster) - Mage - P81

Until you're geared, nothing other than be annoying, that goes for any class though. Pick up a x/dom spec or just 51 dom.

Other than that, go chloro and just help heal some.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    Definitely go Chloro/Dom and try to help your team with heals and support as much as possible. That can be your best contribution vs. high ranks. The likelihood of beating them 1 v 1 isn't good no matter the spec at that level. Sometimes the best way to win is be a team player.
    This. With bubble greater essences (Frozen Deep One Tear, Hailstone Tideshard if you can afford it or get lucky) and a Sacred Heirloom of Eth, you can get by spamming Withering Vine on melee targets as a pre-HoT of sorts, TI on ranged DPS Rogues, Ruin/Vile Spores for meager AoE heals, and using Incompetence on melee-using targets that are unlikely to die. Just try not to draw too much attention to yourself.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but there are probably guides around that do a far better job explaining how to contribute as a Chlorodom than I can, anyway.

I say spec full on the specs you'd like so that when you are upper rank heading towards r50 you are good at the roles you enjoy.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

insoles and an escape route
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast