+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Amethyriel

Thread: Where to post about Conquest?

Default Where to post about Conquest?

Wasn't really sure where to post this, as for at the moment conquest is not PvP.

Conquest used to be fun, but now it has turned into just a "must do" for me (and more I have a feeling) to keep conquest points up and to do the weekly quest. 1 hour into conquest on a good fight we can be at what 4000/5000 kills left? Right now I finished one where we had 47-4800/5000 kills left or something after 1 hour. Then finally if lucky one team actually get 65% and we can finish it. Sad thing then is that there's not enough people to get down the foci, so there's not even time for the last boss to spawn, and no time for the big fun battle conquest used to end with.

To sum it up, this seem to be conquest at the moment:

Fastest to cap 65% and if you're lucky you might run into some others players you can kill.
    Then 10% to kill as many foci you can, most likely you'll see some enemies, but there's no time to kill them, so we more or less run next to each other not caring.

It's sad to see people in 50 chat complaining about not getting into conquest, but how it works now, nobody wants to join Dominion. And I guess this is where the problem is, nobody queues for Dominion which leads to nobody being let into the other faction either, to keep the balance of the teams. So it ends up with few people running around on a big map, and nobody to fight with...

I'm just frustrated, two full conquests to complete my weekly 300 kills?

At the moment there's one way I can think of how to solve this, and that is (as mentioned earlier somewhere) to put people into random factions instead of choosing who to join.

Ascendant

you can post in any of the 100 threads about conquest.

I'd suggest using the in-game feedback option. While the forums are a great place to converse and bring things to the developers attention, the in-game feedback menu is a direct link to the development team.

it feels like a glorified instant adventure tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    it feels like a glorified instant adventure tbh
    Actually the best description of it so far

The state of Conquest is pretty bad in its latest form. I qued up NF on woflsbane and got in NP. The sad thing is there was only 2 of us during the first 65% of the match against 18 oath (as far as I could tell I seen 14 oath on one extractor and another 4 on the other extractor). After oath capped our numbers swelled up to about 17 then everyone ran around and tagged the foci then promptly left the CQ.

CQ is a joke now, there really is no point to even bothering to queue up if your not going oath except for maybe the ISS otherwise you just hide in a corner till the whole thing is over.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I did one earlier today for the first time in almost a month and it was ridiculous.

There was almost no pvp. My side had 65% within less than ten minutes.

A few of us said hey something is wrong with this, but the naysayers kept saying this was better for rewards.

I dont care if it is. It was stupid and pointless. We are in the biggest pvp instance in the game with no pvp and its over in 15 minutes or less.

Soulwalker

What I have found over the course of these recent changes is that Conquest is over in less then 10 minutes. Oath wins a GREAT deal of the time, if Dom or NF can win it is usually a long procress of kills (dictated by Oath) if Oath does not want to zerg, the game ends fairly quick, if they do, they will drag it out until they are satified and win (though sometimes it backfires and either Dom or NF will win) though this is extremely rare. Dom puts up a good fight only long enough to see the counter read Oath 61, Nf 0-5% and Dom has the remander, around 38% then it is over.

Wait one hour

Do this exact same thing again., One-sided fast win. By the way, the warfronts are doing the same thing. I find it impossible to believe it is a random set of circumstances where one-sided games go for 10, 15, 20 games in a row.

Personally at this point since I do not like to raid, being 50 really kinda means Im done, sure plenty of cookies to get but nothing which feel like growth, so PvP was/is next. This is brutal, grueling and as mentioned here and other posts, a MUST do to get the points you need to get the gear you need to even begin to survive.

The state of PvP ? I say kill it. Let the storm pass and the PvP'ers the dedicated ONLY PvP move on to something else, and abandon the thought of PvP in Rifts. That, or spend serious time to fix the many problems with PvP, Conquest and warfronts.

Ideas :

Make one button for conquest, since we are all one happy family, you get placed into a random faction.

Scale Warfronts like you do with level. 11-19, 20-29,. so on (meaning PvP RANK), where you don't have a group of poor level 1s trying to do... well, anything to a level 50.

Conquest needs more then simply cap exactors. Make the turrets actually DO something. Avoid a group of 3-5 people able to take down 4 level 4 turrets and an exactor in record time. Ballance THAT vs gear/rank not players.

Increase exactors, incease the % from 65 to 75. That is hard to get even for Oaths zerg. ie, Make 5000 kills mean something, that or take the kill count out, it is currently a silly stat.

Increase the time to 15 minutes to retake exactors. not 5. Five minutes is an insult as there is no possible way to even come close as it stands in five minutes.

Conquest is MEANT to take a long time. The fast track warfront mentality needs to leave. You are not forced into Conquest, but if you do go, expect to take longer then 5-10 minutes.

Make us work for the kills, the favor and the prestige, stop giving it away. It is not enough to catch the ones who recied the what was it ? x4 or x5 bonus from the stones ?. Those days are over and those of us who did not come into this, are at a huge disadvantage (read scale and rank above)

Ultimately, make PvP feel like I believe it should be, someting to complete and be proud of. Each game should be brutal and devistating, but not because one side has max'd 50s and the other is trying to scrape through to get basic gear.

My one and only post so far, my apologies for the length.

Randomize grouping....needs to be done. With the way it is currently you'll get the same old ppl queuing for the same faction every time resulting in the same old faceroll every game. Favor/prestige gain needs to be increased if the game are going to stay within the 10-30 min window and the end timer needs to be reverted back to 10min. The last game I was in actually got the final boss down but just barely before everyone got ported out of the zone.

This might sound bad for you that have CQs finished in 10-15 mins, but I wish it was the same way here. In EU it seems more like hours with Oath trying to win by capping most extractors and NF doing their best to not allow them to win by capping the Oath extractors, while Domi is there for people to join when the timer starts. So in other words, hours with capping and no PvP.

Soulwalker

Nods I agree that a very long conquest can wear one out but for those that remember the 18 hours raids of yesteryear, it needs to last longer then a warfront , You have a choice and can que, knowing ahead of time, it is going to be a bit long, hard, but good rewards. This one faction five minute game is really getting old and alot of people I see on our side(s) can't finish their weekly quest because there is no time to even try and kill 300 people. Sometimes it happens, but that shouldn't be dictated by the players who mass on one side, but rather how the game is designed.

We have to get away from the WoW, fast and furious mentality. The single player solo can do everything in the game. (Yes I know we don't all have the time, and casual play is a must... Rifts over anyone has done a good job with that).

It really is just discouraging to try to level up characters in PvP as it all stands right now. Even drinking all those potions takes a LONG time of brutal defeats in warfronts from max'd out 50s who are bored and have already won conquest so many times their eyes bleed only to have the complete one sided games we are seeing (on our shard anyways), in all warfront games.

+ Reply to Thread