+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oblivion333

Thread: Can we get a conquest change?

Rift Disciple

Default Can we get a conquest change?

I have grown sick and tired of the "new conquest". Most matches are over in less than 30min-1hour and there is minimal pvp in those now. Can we get it so that when ppl que for conquest it splits them up on factions so that we dont have 1 faction thats full and all the rest of them are pretty much empty.
    IMO the way it is currently going is kind of pointless for our pvp faction of the game, and its kind of lame for those that just do it to dabble a little in pvp.

Rift Disciple

lol at this getting moved to the pvp and warfronts section....
    Conquest is more pve than nething the way it currently functions. If it function as intended I would have posted it here instead of general discussion....
    Sigh...this is the reason i havent purchased SL yet

The issue with Conquest is the players, you can't fix stupid.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Disciple

but you can fix the way ppl get into conquest.
    1. making getting a faction for conquest completely random, thus avoiding 1 team being completely full and all the others non existant.
    2. spread the extractors out a lil more instead of having them bunched up so much, and when doing that lessen the number total again so ppl actually have to fight over them. Thus returning the pvp zerg part of conquest back into the event.

Ascendant

What's kind of funny is that on the Wolfsbane cluster in NA people have realized that if you are stuck in the queue for oath, you can all join DOM instead . . . and then you get 2 factions that actually fight . . .

and then something mysterious happens . . . suddenly a few people also join NF and you actually have three factions fighting and zerging and just ping ponging around the extractors near the eye. The only time the control percents really change all that much is when small groups break off and take around CM/RW/HC . . .

I mean, historically in the "new conquest" NF was so dead you could join to seemingly empty raids and just get rolled as oath trampled over you again and again, yet last night NF actually won, and even oath people were saying things like "Best Conquest Ever" at the end, even while losing.

So maybe just start spamming for people to join the other teams, and if your own team has the eye just bounce back and forth around the near-eye extractors when you see blinking.

Rift Disciple

that might be with your cluster, but with ours everyone que for NF and hardly neone joins the rest till ppl say in chat 5 mins left....then bam it fills....
    The only way i see to fix it is to make the faction you join random, so at that point no team can be filled why the others are pretty much empty

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtrips View Post
    that might be with your cluster, but with ours everyone que for NF and hardly neone joins the rest till ppl say in chat 5 mins left....then bam it fills....
    The only way i see to fix it is to make the faction you join random, so at that point no team can be filled why the others are pretty much empty
    So get an alt you don't mind changing their name and yell "OMG 5 MIN CQ Oath Win, GO GO GO!" . . . and suddenly you'll actually see what conquest is really like when people join up and a good amount stay anyway.

On ours usually everyone piles on to oath and steamrolls the whole match before anyone else even gets extractors. It just seems like the past few days people have realized that getting in to another team is better than sitting in the queue hoping for a spot.

This highlights the bigger problem with Conquest, which is the completely unnecessary and detracting foci-tagging phase.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    This highlights the bigger problem with Conquest, which is the completely unnecessary and detracting foci-tagging phase.
    100% agree and sad to say but I do this as well at times when i need the ISS. but i agree that the point of PVP is to fight players...........................KEY WORD *********PLAYERS*********. You really cant fix the mechins or the design of conquest itself without losing its identity that is different from the other Warfronts like codex or port of scion.

Only solution i can really see is combining the clusters... you say one cluster is a strong OATH and another is Nightfall. Well combine them and you could/should/might/maybe have one epic Battle for Conquest.

One solution that i think might help is lower the KILL count needed, and reward the team with highest % of the kill count with a victory bonus. This would incourage more PVP and alittle (KEYWORD LITTLE) less PVE.

But who knows, these are just suggestions and opinions of mine...

Happy Hunting---Keenblade--Xamani--
    Last edited by Xamani; 10-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Yet another post suggesting for another change in CQ. Seriously people let's just leave it alone, get our gear and never come back LOL.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Disciple

it would be nice to get more than 10-20 kills a conquest.....it sucks the way it is now.

Ascendant

it would be nice to get more than 10-20 kills a conquest.....it sucks the way it is now.
    about 1500 last night . . . seriously. CQ isn't the problem, it's all the people who refuse to leave the perceived "winning team" queue. I was in one on the weekend that almost triggered the kill timer.

+ Reply to Thread