+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Constructive ideas for Conquest

Default Constructive ideas for Conquest

Hi,

I regularly send in feedback to Trion about possible ideas to fix conquest and I figured I would post my latest idea to see what you guys thought.

1. Increase the periodic 10 minute reward. If you're feeling generous toss in a conquest mark or two for the players who can't make it to the end for whatever reason.

2. Raise the favor/prestige per kill to increase the incentive to PvP instead of having all zergs avoiding eachother.

(This one is a big change, but I think would encourage a LOT more PvP and make conquest way more enjoyable)

3. Take out "must control this much before timer starts" and put in a more Codex ruleset. Take out extractors completely. My suggestion is add 6 bigger points that are defensible (small CM like keep or some type of tower) that you take over like an extractor. The more places your team holds the more points your team makes. This will force the zergs to assault eachother's positions in order to win which will make for some really fun attack and defend type battles.

Set the amount of points high so the conquest matches don't end as fast as a codex, of course. Possibly lower the kill count to 2.5-3k. Which with that type of ruleset shouldn't be extremely hard to reach if there's a stalemate.

That's about it for my ideas to fix conquest. Trion has put alot of work into conquest already, i'd like to see them keep working at it until they get it right.

I'd like a dev to check this out and comment so I know it's not on deaf ears.

Let me know what you guys think, OR add ideas you guys think would work!

Keep it constructive tho.

EDIT: What I mean by " My suggestion is add 6 bigger points that are defensible (small CM like keep or some type of tower) that you take over like an extractor." is kill all enemies near it and stay in the area until you capture it. Not kill a giant extractor. Hope that clarifies my meaning!
    Last edited by modusfugit; 10-03-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Beerzerker (used to be Hog/Pig) - Warrior - P84

Weezard (used to be Runemaster) - Mage - P81

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by modusfugit View Post
    1. Increase the periodic 10 minute reward. If you're feeling generous toss in a conquest mark or two for the players who can't make it to the end for whatever reason.
    Having MoC awarded in the 10 minute intervals would be a huge boost to the current CQ. It would greatly reduce the back loaded rewards. I have proposed a system where 10% extractor control = 1 MoC for everyone on that faction, or 1% = 5 Shards of Conquest.

2. Raise the favor/prestige per kill to increase the incentive to PvP instead of having all zergs avoiding eachother.

(This one is a big change, but I think would encourage a LOT more PvP and make conquest way more enjoyable)
    I think people avoid each other currently due to #1, they want to try ending the game asap for the MoC. So I don't think increasing favor/prestige per kill will "help" that much, but you'll probably see more zerg battles if this was increased.

3. Take out "must control this much before timer starts" and put in a more Codex ruleset. Take out extractors completely. My suggestion is add 6 bigger points that are defensible (small CM like keep or some type of tower) that you take over like an extractor. The more places your team holds the more points your team makes. This will force the zergs to assault eachother's positions in order to win which will make for some really fun attack and defend type battles.

Set the amount of points high so the conquest matches don't end as fast as a codex, of course. Possibly lower the kill count to 2.5-3k. Which with that type of ruleset shouldn't be extremely hard to reach if there's a stalemate.
    I agree with adding in a Codex scoring method, but there's no need to remove the % extractor threshold. What you want here is multiple "viable" routes to win, the scoring method is really just a soft time limit for CQ in this case. The current max kill count is "fine" as is because, again it acts as a limit. ie. If people don't want to cap extractors, the game will end eventually if they're all slaughtering each other (kills count will rapidly go down if this happens).
    Last edited by Adastra; 10-03-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Telaran

Default ideas

I like the idea of defensible forts. Nothing to0 huge mind you, just small little walled keeps, (high enough walls so that you can't just port up), with turrets and a gate. You'd have to bust down the gate while taking fire from the turrets and then capture a flag inside or even keep mini-bosses. The defenses should be weak enough that a party of 10 or so could take a captured one if undefended by the owners.

Maybe 7 to 11 of them and you have to own a majority to win or maybe just favor and faction bonuses for having the majority? Bonuses would require numerical balances and a kill count reduction in my opinion though.

Depending on how many you utilize you put one or two in a faction's back yard, with attention being paid to placement to prevent one side having more ease of access than another, (read Oathsworn.)

Then you put the rest in close proximity around the eye so players have to actually fight each other for control. You'd have to be sure that you can't cap the majority just by owning the eye territory though so you're forced to invade another side's comfort zone for the win or bonus.
    Last edited by Paanu; 10-03-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Give it up people! Regardless of your ideas, CQ is not fun nor does it motivate people to do it anymore. Once you get your gear there, why go back to it?

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Give it up people! Regardless of your ideas, CQ is not fun nor does it motivate people to do it anymore. Once you get your gear there, why go back to it?
    because strategic gameplay is fun? because emergent, dynamic gameplay is more rewarding than yet-another-warfront?

Soulwalker

I am down for keeps....It was fun in Daoc, it was fun in warhammer, it would be fun here. In both of those games i was motivated to play even after i had the gear.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton1 View Post
    I am down for keeps....It was fun in Daoc, it was fun in warhammer, it would be fun here. In both of those games i was motivated to play even after i had the gear.
    Problem with Warhammer was pop imbalance, sploits and mechanics that trained turtles. Otherwise should of worked. The keeps were just bottle necks.

Now you mentioned Daoc...now that worked for it's time. MY best pvp moments came from that game. Keeps were more dynamic in Daoc compared to WAR...why I was very disappointed when WAR came out hoping Mythic took RvR up a few levels...instead digressed.

But either way...it was real pvp! Where pvp was part of or interacted with the rest of the game. Not like the arenas that the wow spawns around here are trying to push for. The day Rift adopts arenas w/ ratins gear...is the day I cancel sub.

Now @OP. Yes CQ chould use some work to make it more interesting. Either be innovative with the model...or take notes from Mythic on how to do RvR in a box. Meaning learn from their mistakes and what works.

People who complain about CQ in respect to missing out on marks or rewards because the battles go on to long....look at other MMOs. It's a hell of alot easier to get pvp gear in this game as a casual. I myself had to log out before CQ matches ended. And in a month since I returned, my casual play still got over 1000 marks and already well into the second last tier for gear. I see nothing wrong with gear progression.

My only complaint is ques. Since there is no reward for what faction you pick...I would like to see everyone randomly distributed to each faction. I myself will wait for NF que due to the fact is that is where our pk farmers gather....where Oath (pve'ers) is more there for marks...and Dom to afk or sit for a quickie.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 10-04-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Soulwalker

Seeing at the current warfront, rather CQ is really awkward and backwards, here are a few ideas I would like to add,

* If we are keeping factions, then 20 man raid fill is it until all three are full. If we are loosing factions (need to, no point other then role-play and that doesn't even work), then single button que like warfronts.

* Once Conquest has started, you are given 15 minutes, perhaps 10 minutes to go. Once that initial que is done, you are not allowed in period. (end the end game afk'ers)...though this will still happen, it will reduce it alot. There is no reason why people are able, after the timer starts, to be allowed in and gain the SAME amount of prestigue and favor as those who worked for it.

* Reduce the time between Conquests (for the above reason), have more then one running ?...

* Incease the number of exactors again though spread them out even farther...each side should have 1-3 that can be defended pretty easily, but others will need to venture out.

* When game starts, ALL exactors should have the same health as when it is conqured. There is no reason one person should be able to, attack and win, cap and move on to the next exactor. Also, all starting exactors have MAX turrets.

* Turrets...whew...I know on our cluster it is near impossible to get people to spend one point of their planar charge, so for those of us who do charge the turrets I salute you. Turrets have got to mean something. You have 20 man raids. should take 20 men to take them down, not three.

* If you are not in a raid (not sure how this work), then you have 2-5 minutes to get into one., if not your removed. (kicking people should be taken away from players), let the game do it. Emotes, dancing ie botting should force you out right away, no rewards.

* Increase the time during foci (not sure why thats there), but there really needs to be a system to stop the one-hit reward. Remove the marks and stones reward for Foci and give favor and prestige instead. (small amounts).

* End game (with foci in), means the side, faction, team whatever you do with this who kills the boss gets bonus marks, favor and prestige. NO ONE ELSE. If your team is not strong enough ? kill the other players to reduce their damage off the Boss. (if you are booted, leave the game, your damage leaves with you).

* Reduce the cost to spend marks as less marks will be in play. (only Boss, random extactor kill would you get marks. The shards are fine as is. 50 to make one mark.

----

The incentive is the key. Are we going to pvp, in all its forms to control and area and be victorious ? or are we going to run around (even passing the opposing team) in hopes to get as many marks as possible, buy all our gear and then go to warfronts and gank new players with our superior gear. (warfronts... god help us). Has to be a reason conquest is there. Since we are one family now, beating on each other for a reason other then a drunken brawl.

Conquest needs to have the same benifits perhaps as pvp Rifts, or at least along those lines. Needs to be a reason to keep going back other then gear and as it is now, gear is impossible to get with the short games, no one can level and no one can get the faction needed to advanced their gear. (eye faction is terrible).

* last item, please do NOT make conquest 50 only (as been suggested in other posts). Mentoring system maybe be everyone should be allowed in. Rank warfronts (need to do this better), because the warfronts right now seem to be the only play to get favor, and the rank 50s know it. Brutal.

With each tweaking of Conquest it seems to have got worse, the last one totally ruined it. It was a case of extremely long battles lasting over 4 hours that people got fed up with little rewards so was a case of NF letting one of the other factions get the 65% or do it themselves.
    If they did the latter any faction tagging the focus and getting killed was out of the game with no end game rewards so now they don't bother if NF win and they just leave the game and also there no reason to join any other faction even if they want the 15 marks for a win and tagging the focus.

My suggestion would be to roll the game back to practically to the start apart from mini bosses spawning at the start.

Stop booting people if they get killed if if there faction does not win, give some incentive for a faction doing the most damage on the last boss. Dont have a time limit on the last boss

Ascendant

I think there should be one "join" button, and everyone clicks it after that everyone is spreaded randomly among 3 faction. It seems like NF has huge psychological advantage right now, its almost funny. Zerg meets zergs and everyon run away if they see even a glimpse of NF.
    Last edited by June; 10-08-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    I think there should be one "join" button, and everyone clicks it after that everyone is spreaded randomly among 3 faction. It seems like NF has huge psychological advantage right now, its almost funny. Zerg meets zergs and everyon run away if they see even a glimpse of NF.
    This ^^.

Most que for probable 'winning' or 'farming Pks' side,...and in turn long rse ques until someone announces the timer and get in on the `auto join for a quickie reward. With all this, once in awhile we get some fun zerg on zerg action. But rarely...usually the farmers roll the pve'ers who split up trying to get 65%, while the zerg who is there for kills lag behind as 1 to their 2 extractor effort. And whoever enjoys that...sad on you:P Sure it`s nice to get fast rep while pvping...but still, lot of us que up to PvP first.

With randomizing placement including group ques, means everyone gets in and lot of PKS!!!!! And everyone wins.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 10-08-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Rift Chaser

The most important change to conquest is making sure the sides are never imbalanced by more than 5 people, ideally even less than that, which means random side selection (from the player's perspective, allocated form the server's). Until the amount of people in each faction is fixed, balancing Conquest will be impossible.
    Last edited by Mechar; 10-08-2012 at 07:50 AM.

didn't you ever wondered why you can get merced in a wf, and still you have the option for joining a certain faction in conquest?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    didn't you ever wondered why you can get merced in a wf, and still you have the option for joining a certain faction in conquest?
    I get that they wanted to try to develop a story around the factions that "made sense", but the implementation just hasn't worked.

Time to admit a mistake was made (it happens) and fix it by making sure the teams are balanced in terms of number of players at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Its not always the case Iv been in on the NF side a few times when half the teams wanted to cap and the other half gone of to zerg and they got pawned by one of the other factions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast