+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Remove PvE benefit of Conquest power please

Rift Master

Default Remove PvE benefit of Conquest power please

Because honestly I do not want to feel compelled to play that god awful feature again.

How could you possibly have made it worse Trion? Seriously. At least previously it was a nice long battle much like the old Alterac Valley battles we were hoping to recreate, lot's of XP, Prestige, Favor and CQ points, so even if it sucked we were getting something out of it.

Now it's a total fail, over in no time with one team (hello Nightfall, at least in the one EU conquest (GJ btw only making one)) totally dominating.

I really do not want to feel compelled to play such a frikkin awful feature in order to maintain a PvE advantage. What possessed you to ever make these buffs, gained via PvP, extend out into PvE is beyond me.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Because honestly I do not want to feel compelled to play that god awful feature again.

How could you possibly have made it worse Trion? Seriously. At least previously it was a nice long battle much like the old Alterac Valley battles we were hoping to recreate, lot's of XP, Prestige, Favor and CQ points, so even if it sucked we were getting something out of it.

Now it's a total fail, over in no time with one team (hello Nightfall, at least in the one EU conquest (GJ btw only making one)) totally dominating.

I really do not want to feel compelled to play such a frikkin awful feature in order to maintain a PvE advantage. What possessed you to ever make these buffs, gained via PvP, extend out into PvE is beyond me.
    Better phrased, please remove the conquest points sytem so that people are not forced to do something they dont want to for the sake of over-zealous raid leaders and min/maxers.

If you dont enjoy conquest, dont do it. You do not need the conquest perks to do anything in this game... at all. It may help, but you dont need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    If you dont enjoy conquest, dont do it. You do not need the conquest perks to do anything in this game... at all. It may help, but you dont need it.
    never have stepped foot in conquest after the initial launch -> dont like it, so dont play it. its that simple
    and yes that sometimes means you need to get other priorities

I am not saying I am against the idea of taking out the perks, or make them only be valid ni pvp. Personally I think that is a good idea ;)
    Last edited by NearioNL; 10-03-2012 at 01:29 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Conquest used to be fun... so Trion took the fun away, and made it into the mess it is today.

Factions in conquest need to have the same priority, that priority should be team kills. Forget the extractors, nobody wants PvE in their PvP... just make everyone have to kill everyone else to win and you will have fun.

Right now:

Dominion: Run around like headless chickens, taking random extractors, dying every time they meet and enemy raid (even half a raid).
    Nightfall: Kill everyone, deny any faction close to hitting the extractor limit to continue killing.
    Oathsworn: Cap extractors... try to "win".

Everyone would be better off playing in the style of Nightfall... you all know Nightfall is the most fun faction, so let's have 3 of them.

As for CQ power, i'd just remove it... it's utterly stupid for any PvP content to give PvE perks... that goes for Prismatic Glory too.

Couldn't agree more. It's no more of a corny crock to keep your CQ points above 180 in pve as it was to need pve items with hit in pvp. In practical play, in game, people will enjoy content more firstly when you have people chasing the carrots they want in the areas they want. The CQ model is horrible for anyone who simply enjoys pve and they shouldn't be forced to engage in that mess just to keep top notch raw stats. Logistically it is not far distant from the gripe pvp'ers had about having to pve for stats. While 180k cq points isn't required for anything - its the principle in the game. I also hate it because the more we accept and stand with CQ points having global benefit for pvp/pve, then also logistically, that paves the way to create a very notable and significant pve model of gameplay that pvp'ers find themselves very compelled to participate in to remain in their to competative position. That is the last thing we all want to do as PvP'ers. It is no more accepting in my mind that pve'ers should play a game where the forecast says "oh btw, don't like pvp? Bet you don't like sub-par stats more. Play CQ for the rest of the games life-span to remain top competative. Gross. I sure don't want the inverse of that for PvP to come around. So Ill argue the side of the pve'ers for this one all day. It just makes sense to me :/

I just feel like CQ power was an attempt at "two wrong might make a right". Only 3 lefts can make you right though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-03-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If trion removed the grind from conquest, people wouldn't play them, so they wont.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    If trion removed the grind from conquest, people wouldn't play them, so they wont.
    make the grind for pvp, instead of for pve
    its not like conquest is that populair now so
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

If you don't need the perks, and thus want their removal, why are you forcing yourself to grind them?

Not that I don't disagree with the removal -- it should also come with PvE funtimes getting removed from PvP, if we're going to be "fair" -- but I have to ask that question.
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-03-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

to be fair its much easier to get CQ points now then before.

Its also free XP/Favor/Prestige/Marks/CQP every hour or so.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    to be fair its much easier to get CQ points now then before.

Its also free XP/Favor/Prestige/Marks/CQP every hour or so.
    It's also boring.

I wish they would remove the PVP benefit of it, too.
    I don't like CQ.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Better phrased, please remove the conquest points sytem so that people are not forced to do something they dont want to for the sake of over-zealous raid leaders and min/maxers.
    I'd say don't sweat it. Soon enough SL will roll around and there will be all new reward systems to complain about guilds "forcing" people to grind out.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    I'd say don't sweat it. Soon enough SL will roll around and there will be all new reward systems to complain about guilds "forcing" people to grind out.
    Conquest points will never outdate.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Ascendant

I will say that the current revision of CQ is not all that fun. The extractor threshold is too high, 60% would be more ideal and the whole back loaded MoC is also another issue.

I feel the reason CQ is in this state is because of a combination of the above CQ design issues and the player mindset. Often times you have one faction that just prolongs the game by farming and the other two factions are either too scattered to do anything meaningful, or just have too many afk because they weren't able to get on that farming faction.

I think if the extractor threshold was changed back to 60% and if MoC was rewarded throughout CQ instead of 90% of it being at the end game, then players would probably feel more compelled to just duke it out. This could be a win for everyone involved, of course you'll get people that will linger around until they have the MoC then need and ditch, but it's not like they were there to play the game anyway.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I think if the extractor threshold was kept the same and the health/strength of the turrets was lowered, you would see more of a emphasis on smaller team groups and more defensive oriented play.

As it stands, turrets that can essentially annihalate a 5 man time provided they have a single cleric guarding them can be pretty restricting, to the point that one might as well just group up with the zerg.

Of course this limits the ground you can cover an in turn, makes it that much hard to cap extractors.

IMO, there shouldn't be such an intense emphasis on large group play and there should be a niche for smaller team play. It adds a bit more strategy and provides more flexibility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast