+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sariina

Thread: Conquest Power Buff Stacking - How does it work?

Ascendant

Default Conquest Power Buff Stacking - How does it work?

So I had a character that I jumped in to conquest when it launched, and then never bothered to keep up on it. Since You get 7 different answers if you ask people if conquest buffs stack or not I decided to find out for myself.

I set a saveequip to make sure my gear remained the same. It's not one of my PVP toons so it's not PVP gear . . .

As for health, it 100% stacks. At the first buff my health increase by 0.99%, then 2.99% on the original amount with the second buff and finally 5.99% on the last one.

Spell power though? I have no idea what's going in here. My increases were 0.88%, and then 2.63% (which looks like 0.88 * 3 . . . so stacks). So keeping that pattern you would expect the last one to be 5.28% . . . nope. 4.48%.

Anyone know what the heck is going on there?

That is because of the way it is calculated.
    The bufs from CQ for health, goes off your final health, which is affected by your PA.
    It is an after the fact modification, so it stacks accordingly.

Spellpower and AP are different however, since they are not entirely reliant upon a single stat and are stand alone.
    As a result, the effect of PA is NOT taken into account since it is not like endurance and is not modifying your SP through a stat such as intelligence.

As such, the reason it looks like it doesn't scale is simply because the extra SP/AP gained from PA is not taken account, so it is calculated BEFORE the fact and not AFTER the fact.

If you subtract your AP/SP gained from PA, you will find that your SP/AP has scaled appropriately.

If Health was not entirely based off endurance, you would see similar behavior with what you see in SP/AP.
    Last edited by Aguni; 10-02-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I set a saveequip to make sure my gear remained the same. It's not one of my PVP toons so it's not PVP gear . . .

As for health, it 100% stacks. At the first buff my health increase by 0.99%, then 2.99% on the original amount with the second buff and finally 5.99% on the last one.
    and that is actually really useful information; thank you very much for confirming it and posting the confirmation. People have claimed it stacked and didn't, but I haven't previously seen any proof.

+ Reply to Thread