+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By SWGMOD010
  • 1 Post By Antigonos

Thread: Soz I Enjoy Conquest.

Rift Disciple

Default Soz I Enjoy Conquest.

First off, being a casual player due to out of town work...I so dig conquest! A couple months ago when I heard about the 3 faction system...the Daoc RvR in me got all gitty like a school girl:P. Sure it's still feel like a BG, but the nonstop action is what I crave for. I seen almost every pvp model out there in the past 12 years or so...and if you don't have a geared premade, you are pretty much farmed as a pug. And the few actual RvR models out there, are either outdated or unbalanced. Rift is a breath of fresh air again...I only been back for a couple weeks and enjoy it very much. Basically you get best of both worlds...zerging points and small battles right around the corner to skill it up.

I know many hate Conquest...well don't que for it then. Nuf said about that:P

Only gripe I have is that I am still trying to find a pvp only guild since I returned. And ya I get it, Rift's priority is PvE. Like every other MMO. I still enjoy arena/wfs once in awhile...but without an actual pvp guild to hang out with, Conquest is great alternative for production. And if one loves the feel to RvR...even better!

Anyhoo. I for one, enjoy Conquest! Soz. I even bought a long term sub because of it. That I haven't done in years. Always by month.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 09-27-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post

I get what you are saying but I hate this argument. You can't just tell half the player base in an MMO based around progression "Well, we made some new content, if you don't like it, you're player doesn't have to be up to snuff with the rest of the player "

The way MMO's plant carrots around the game and the general trend of the mentality of most MMO players, who like to do what they can to progress their toon, all content released might as well come with a huge obligation. Nobody if forced to play a video game.

The worst part is, most people will obligate themselves to do content if it has that carrot. If many are going to do it regardless, it ruins it for even the people who somewhat enjoy it when people are all involved who hate it. If stuff wants to go down as quality, people have to enjoy it and it needs to be played without obligation. I would say still working to make it enjoyable for the greater good will generally make the tone of [whatever] more genuine.

Imagine is highschool football and soccer was a requirement for graduation. Half the kids want nothing to do with it. So then you have created a situation where, if you don't do it, you don't graduate. So then you get people who do it, that hate it, and when you have people who hate a sport intermixed on your team of people who enjoy it, the sport session all out sucks and doesn't feel genuine. That is sort of how I feel about CQ. Sure people hate it but, not doing it isn't as simple when it provides some of the best gear/stats accumulation.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You enjoy running around aimlessly for 4 hours?

Jesus, your life must suck.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I get what you are saying but I hate this argument. You can't just tell half the player base in an MMO based around progression "Well, we made some new content, if you don't like it, you're player doesn't have to be up to snuff with the rest of the player "

The way MMO's plant carrots around the game and the general trend of the mentality of most MMO players, who like to do what they can to progress their toon, all content released might as well come with a huge obligation. Nobody if forced to play a video game.

The worst part is, most people will obligate themselves to do content if it has that carrot. If many are going to do it regardless, it ruins it for even the people who somewhat enjoy it when people are all involved who hate it. If stuff wants to go down as quality, people have to enjoy it and it needs to be played without obligation. I would say still working to make it enjoyable for the greater good will generally make the tone of [whatever] more genuine.

Imagine is highschool football and soccer was a requirement for graduation. Half the kids want nothing to do with it. So then you have created a situation where, if you don't do it, you don't graduate. So then you get people who do it, that hate it, and when you have people who hate a sport intermixed on your team of people who enjoy it, the sport session all out sucks and doesn't feel genuine. That is sort of how I feel about CQ. Sure people hate it but, not doing it isn't as simple when it provides some of the best gear/stats accumulation.

This is a good analogy to what I see in conquest. A lot of people ruin it for the ones that want to PVP. Teams not being balanced may be an issue as some suggest. But you can't look at raw numbers to see the true imbalance. Some teams have a lot of people that don't want to be there so they effectively bring nothing and should not be counted.

So what you do is excuse their absence. Ie make it so the PVP gear is not better than what they can get in a raid or you change it so just showing up doesn't get you the carrot you want. Make them have to actually kill other players to get their carrot. Instead of just AFKing until the end and collecting marks.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some forced killing. It doesn't take that long to get all the gear in conquest. I have 3 toons that have all the conquest lessers, trinket and runes. I only play in the evening as I work full time. Last night I was able to do the weekly on two of them and start it in a third in one conquest. Even with having to wait on the queue when switching accounts i was able to do it in a few hours. Waiting to queue NF is still more productive trying to get 300 kills then trying to get any kills as oath or Dom.

My hope would be that some percent of the people you force to play football or soccer would find they actually enjoy it and continue to do so even after they graduate. Or in conquest even after they get all their gear.

First off, being a casual player due to out of town work...I so dig conquest! A couple months ago when I heard about the 3 faction system...the Daoc RvR in me got all gitty like a school girl:P. Sure it's still feel like a BG, but the nonstop action is what I crave for. I seen almost every pvp model out there in the past 12 years or so...and if you don't have a geared premade, you are pretty much farmed as a pug. And the few actual RvR models out there, are either outdated or unbalanced. Rift is a breath of fresh air again...I only been back for a couple weeks and enjoy it very much. Basically you get best of both worlds...zerging points and small battles right around the corner to skill it up.

Only gripe I have is that I am still trying to find a pvp only guild since I returned. And ya I get it, Rift's priority is PvE. Like every other MMO. I still enjoy arena/wfs once in awhile...but without an actual pvp guild to hang out with, Conquest is great alternative for production. And if one loves the feel to RvR...even better!

Anyhoo. I for one, enjoy Conquest! Soz. I even bought a long term sub because of it. That I haven't done in years. Always by month.

So, I guess this the jobless, no college classes, no family, and/or no social life having vote. Because anyone having any one (or more) of the above, probably should not have the time to spend somewhere between 4 to 7 hours in one cq. And, if think you do, it speaks more volume than anyone could ever say. I actually know someone that fail out of college for the old star wars...lol. I am pretty sure this is a minority of the player base. Not trying to mean...but...honestly...

And, some would love to not have to que, but it's the only way to keep buffs and get the marks.../sigh

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Good point of view.

May I add...there will always be haters. When I hate, I don't pay or participate. One thing I learned years ago...you can't change the game so move along, even though some think they can:P And in Rift...noone is forcing you to que. Just like noone is forcing me to dungeon crawl. If it's just a trinket the arena junkies are after and complaining about CQ in the process...just get it over with and don't return imo. I myself had to do things I didn't want to do in past MMOs...ie raid LV in WAR for my pvp template. Once done, I was done.

Until the next solid RvR MMO comes out, which will be never...MMOs such as Rift will have to fill that void.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 09-27-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    So, I guess this the jobless, no college classes, no family, and/or no social life having vote. Because anyone having any one (or more) of the above, probably should not have the time to spend somewhere between 4 to 7 hours in one cq. And, if think you do, it speaks more volume than anyone could ever say. I actually know someone that fail out of college for the old star wars...lol. I am pretty sure this is a minority of the player base. Not trying to mean...but...honestly...

And, some would love to not have to que, but it's the only way to keep buffs and get the marks.../sigh
    I get that but don't buy it. How many fit that profile spend hours in pve each night? For those who only need marks from CQ to finish a template...oh well get in line with many who are still progressing into tiers with their gear. I don't feel sorry for them. I myself quit in the middle of a couple CQs already in the last 2 weeks...no biggy. I need to up the tier on armor & weaps anyways....but hey, I had fun farming all the yummy prestige doing it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post

You need to see a damage board and a winner at the end to enjoy pvp?

That sux if you do.

But hey I won't complain if they throw a few keeps in...Oh wait that means seige! Then folks would hate that also.

You must of been born in the WoW arena right?
    Last edited by Hashashin; 09-27-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

This is only the case cause people refuse to fight. They split up into tiny groups and run around and take extractors. No PVPing what so ever. If groups had HUGE clashes (like it used to) the kill count would drop faster... i mean duh.... more pvp=faster the kill counter goes down. Sure kill counter needs to be cut in half. But if you wanna jump into conquest to have someone grab the win with less then 500 kills....

That is just a shame and why are you on the pvp boards then?

Ascendant

200 people spaming fanout at each other is NO PVP.

From what I gather, people actually like Conquest.. Or seem to care about it, at least. That's fine, I just don't see it. Conquest isn't fun for me--the only time it ever was, was when I was with 19 other TFS. Otherwise, I just feel like its impossible to make a personal impact on the game--and that isn't fun, IMO.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    From what I gather, people actually like Conquest.. Or seem to care about it, at least. That's fine, I just don't see it. Conquest isn't fun for me--the only time it ever was, was when I was with 19 other TFS. Otherwise, I just feel like its impossible to make a personal impact on the game--and that isn't fun, IMO.
    18 tfs and wyx*

RIFT Guide Writer

Simply amazing lol.

I get that but don't buy it. How many fit that profile spend hours in pve each night? For those who only need marks from CQ to finish a template...oh well get in line with many who are still progressing into tiers with their gear. I don't feel sorry for them. I myself quit in the middle of a couple CQs already in the last 2 weeks...no biggy. I need to up the tier on armor & weaps anyways....but hey, I had fun farming all the yummy prestige doing it
    Goes back to, if it wasn't back loaded, the length would not matter. Sadly, this is not the case. The 2 days I can finish a cq is the weekends. One of the 2 really needs to change. Length or the back loading of marks. Maybe a foci can spawn randomly to draw every in during the match instead of the end.

+ Reply to Thread